Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Rebirth IC Thread [D&D3.5e]  (Read 2683 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Rebirth IC Thread [D&D3.5e]
« on: April 29, 2013, 02:34:11 pm »

To the southeast of the Imperial Spire, capital of the Mosslands, a road known as the Iron Way runs from the capital to the city of Geldath, which serves the outlying mining and logging villages. In the village of Andimere, lying a good ways along the Iron Way, has an inn for travelers known as the Gilded Finger. It is in this tavern that six heroes meet to begin their quest, following rumors of an unearthed monastary in one of the mines nearby. Rumors tell the monastary guarded an ancient magical artifact...

OOC Thread
Time to begin!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 04:06:34 pm by Remuthra »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth IC Thread [D&D3.5e]
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 03:56:59 pm »

Glorious Reflections of the Vitreous Dawn looks resplendent in the shining armor of a paladin of Pelor, hair like smooth chocolate falling down to his shoulders. His eyes look around the tavern as he takes his seat, the massive sword upon his back tilted so that its tip just barely hovers off of the floor of the tavern. His eyes seek those that seem to be of a heroic bent... He would need strong patsies... rather, allies, if he is to investigate the rumors of the nearby monastery.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 04:04:53 pm »

Danforth entered the tavern and took a seat at a table near the bar. He signaled a serving girl over. "A few bowls of stew, if you please, and four pints of ale." She nodded and left, and he folded his hands on the table. I wonder if there's anything of interest happening lately. He kept his ears open as he waited for his meal.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 04:17:46 pm »

Aedan looks around the bar trying to find someone who looks the adventuring type. His eyes focus on the brown haired man in massive armor, surely he would be an adventurer. Aedan walks over and sits beside the man. "Hello, are you an adventurer?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 04:18:10 pm »

(I claim black! With glows for various personae!)

Herold Onehand, a fairly short man missing his right hand and with a curving scar over his right eye, entered the inn. He had heard that some adventurers were going to be gathering here today, and intended to hire out a mercenary to them. He sat down at the bar, ordered stew and ale (the latter more for politeness than a desire to get drunk), and looked at the other patrons...a few looked like they'd be a good bunch. For now, we wait.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 07:58:26 pm »

(Wow, how did I miss this?)

Gunjar Shieldbreaker. A towering barbarian in loincloths. His flowing, silky blonde hair shining in the dim light of the bar. He sits down and laughs loudly.

"Ha ha. Barkeep! A beer for a weary traveler!"

He tries to move toward the large party of armed adventurers. They seem strong, and Gunjar knows he can't go to that monastery he's heard about all by himself.

"Hello fellow warriors! You have room for a barbarian? I need some help with a monastery, and, overhearing you guys, you need help too."
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 08:36:08 pm »

Herold sighed. This barbaric person would be such a disruption for one of the casters, especially the mages, and while he would be a...boisterous companion for the fighters, this might not be for the best. Probably one of the stealth-types...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 10:50:47 pm »

A small, thin man, with little trace of muscle on his small frame walks into the inn, throwing the hood of his cloak back, revealing a small glint of metal from within the coat as he does so. Taking a seat, he starts to look around...
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 01:39:06 pm »

"Well I guess that having a barbarian never hurt anybody... wait that came out wrong.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2013, 02:09:53 pm »

Taking a look around, Jarden noted the party of adventurers forming in the far corner. It had been a while since he had been with a group. Figuring he might as well give it a shot, he walked over and took a seat at the table.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2013, 05:46:49 pm »

"Did I hear something about an adventuring party?" asked Herold, as he walked over to the group assembling. "I happen to know some other adventurers who would be willing to join your group. What do you lack?"
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2013, 06:17:33 pm »

"How about introductions first? My name is Aedan.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2013, 06:21:26 pm »

"Ah, of course, how rude of me. My name is Herold Onehand. You can probably guess why...but that's unimportant at the moment."
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2013, 06:26:26 pm »

"Actually I used to know a guy with one hand, said the only thing he disliked about it was he couldn't masturbate. By the way could someone buy me a beer, I feel left out and someone stole my money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2013, 06:59:50 pm »

"...This man sounds like an...interesting person. I'm glad I don't know him. Anyways, I am not buying beer, ale, or any other variety of spirits for you. I'm a businessman, not a charity."
Sig
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5