Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 65

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)  (Read 137108 times)

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)
« Reply #705 on: August 26, 2016, 11:17:03 pm »

As Chiefwaffles said, lag is not as it was. Now the game is really playable and actually can enjoy the vehicles too.
Only problem now is the player count. I think i will be sticking for few months and see if i can get more people interested this again.
10$ or 9´ish € aint that much for 30 days.
Lets take over the universe. I know we can do that :D

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 27, 2016, 10:10:49 pm »

The temptation is starting to get to me, too. I can't afford a monthly fee either (well, I CAN, but....), but man would it be great to actually pal around with some folks, and actually contribute to something with my endless grind.

Hazeron is one of those few games that scratches that certain itch for both resource management sim and exploration, with a risk of player conflict without (mostly) going overboard and leaving you with salted earth every time you log in.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 10:14:08 pm by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 27, 2016, 10:24:08 pm »

Also, if anyone wants to join my miniature 1-system empire, just PM me.
I have a surplus of heavily flawed TL2 ships and Q41 rifles. Who can resist that?
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 27, 2016, 11:04:06 pm »

Hehe. That sounds fun. Can we make some sort trade pact or something to help out each others?
I just pretty much started and want to stroll all the new stuff game has building wise, but yeah ... alliance or something would be beneficial.
I´m loosely mimicking some stuff from old P&P rp game Traveller 2300ad. Pretty fun and brings back some fond memories and gives game some
depth as i play it. Call me weirdo but i like it :)

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 28, 2016, 01:18:48 am »

Shame I have my small 2-system empire to keep watch over ;)

Although a group effort might be an interesting twist on things. Its been ages since I've actually worked with someone.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: September 14, 2016, 06:11:41 pm »

Hey, is anyone still playing?  :P I might do the 15-day thing to test out how the game is, because I never really found a replacement for Hazeron (I also barely play anything that's not sandbox nowadays).

I'll probably try to make my own empire to relearn everything and see how different it is now. But I think I'd rather be a System/Sector Admin for someone else, if I can have more than one character.
I'm not sure if I can pay the monthly fee atm, since it feels 3x more expensive to me due to my shitty currency. But I really do want to check it out.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: September 14, 2016, 06:59:44 pm »

I've kind of burned out after reaching TL7 - which is where you get Teleporters, and it's the end of most of the 'new tech'. I think the next actual thing is TL27 for warpdrives, barring Magmium and Vulcium, which just are better versions of metal.

Though if anyone wants to join my empire I'd definitely be willing to play a bit more actively. My empire is TL8, 100% broke and I have roughly 5 flawed ships waiting in orbit for their next owner!
(And yes, you can have multiple characters. You can even switch between them ingame.)
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 14, 2016, 07:07:21 pm »

Mhmm I might just do that. I'll just re-learn the game first, since last time I played was probably 2-3 years ago.  :P Can you pm me your empire name and your pass so I can have a look once I'm ready?
Also, where are you guys at? Can we more or less select on which cluster we spawn, so I can have the new empire near someone?
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: September 14, 2016, 07:13:54 pm »

Hazeron empire creation has two new mechanics that I'm aware of:
Mechanic #1 is starting location. You get an option of something like 5(?) areas of the galaxy to spawn in. They're pretty big, so two empires that pick the same area probably still aren't going to be right next to each other.
Mechanic #2 is Starting Overlord. I honestly have no idea what this does gameplay-wise, but you can select an existing empire as your starting "Overlord" in empire creation. I think it's similar to being a vassal but you can cancel at any time?

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 15, 2016, 04:10:23 pm »

Wow, I've really been away for long. I think I gave up when the new non-tile construction system was put up, and my lag was absurd so it became unplayable without the tiles.
I still dislike how building roads is a hassle and how it takes a long to make something not-ugly, and the new roads look rather bad..
But the insane lag is gone, and graphics somehow looks less bad. I still get many frame drops for some reason, and the issue with the laggy cursor and UI is pretty annoying too.

Oh well..the lag is gone.  :P

I've been doing the initial empire stuff, building up the first city and making a little of each thing before I start spamming production..most my stuff has horrible QL though.
I completely forgot production ratios/rates, so I'm mostly eyeballing it and wasted a good amount of time doing so.

I think I'll just get to making my first moonbase and ship and then join Chiefwaffles.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #715 on: September 15, 2016, 05:41:29 pm »

I've kind of burned out after reaching TL7 - which is where you get Teleporters, and it's the end of most of the 'new tech'. I think the next actual thing is TL27 for warpdrives, barring Magmium and Vulcium, which just are better versions of metal.
Warp drives are the true game-changers and up until TL32 the every next version is still an meaningful upgrade, if the things are similar to what they were before.
Magmium and Vulcium also mean a lot, since they allow you to have RIDICULOUS cities, (MUCH MORE) powerful armour and so on.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: September 15, 2016, 06:19:44 pm »

Yeah, but there's still a long section between Transporters and Warp Drives.

And in other news, TRACTOR BEAMS!
They're here now. And they supposedly actually work. At the time of posting this, the update's not been posted yet and is going to be done tomorrow.

But yeah. Tractor Beams. You can start dragging an unshielded ship with you. Even through wormholes.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 15, 2016, 06:57:27 pm »

Can you drag SpaceStations with them, though?  :P

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #718 on: September 15, 2016, 07:05:33 pm »

That was supposed to be a thing for years now.
That was the sole reason to build star stations (space stations equipped with worm-hole drives).
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 15, 2016, 07:08:14 pm »

Well, yeah. About half the stuff in Hazeron is a placeholder. Lots of it is a "hey you'll get this feature at some point".
And yes. You can drag spaceports with a tractor beam. Although Starports are still useless because you don't need FTL drives in the dragged entity in order to bring it through a wormhole.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 65