Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 65

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)  (Read 137094 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)
« Reply #675 on: August 22, 2016, 08:07:16 pm »

FLYING PENISES.
TITAN SIZED FLYING PENISES.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 22, 2016, 10:03:31 pm »

I just would for the fun of it to get back with decent amount of B12´s and stir some shit up :D

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #677 on: August 22, 2016, 10:07:24 pm »

I would get back to it to stir some shit up if not the price tag.
Fuck that, having to pay for a M (questionable) M (I guess?) O (At least this part is 100% true) game? Like, giving someone money for their work? WHAT A SCAM.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 22, 2016, 10:21:51 pm »

I actually may just re-subscribe myself to play a bit. Probably just going to be alone, but it's not like I played with many other people back in the golden age of ~20-40 people online.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #679 on: August 22, 2016, 10:49:25 pm »

Most people are probably waiting for the ship builder patch (and possibly the creatures update, and wondering if the humans are all going to be shadow puppets from hell due to uncanny valley).  At the very least, quite a few stability issues have been worked on since most people last played (and quite a lot of time was spent fighting QT it looks like, let alone Mac junk).

Theres a few hidden story things to find right now, so theres at least that to do as a solo player.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 22, 2016, 11:36:18 pm »

Well I spent the 5 dollars for the 15 day thing (for new accounts). I wanted to see how it is for myself. However, it be just me myself and I and my imaginary friends though. My other two friends don't want to get into it at the moment as they have college starting up or already started. Last time it was mostly myself anyway until my friends joined later on.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 11:45:01 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 23, 2016, 04:26:54 am »

None of my citizens are doing any automation lol. Do I need more farms or houses or something?

I have three 4 story houses and three two story farms.

The farms I can see automate when there is water. But my lazy peons aren't mining stone and metal or making metal or anything else

Its like playing warcraft and seeing all the lazy peons eating but not working :(
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 23, 2016, 04:35:02 am »

It has been years since I last played, but is the storage for those full? Do you have a bunch of construction going on that's taking jobs? Do you have enough peons available? That sounds like you have too many jobs for... 20 people? I forget if it changed when building went from pre-designed garbage to all-custom player-designed garbage, but each farm level provides housing for 2, but requires one to work.

Also, farms, unless changed, slowly gather "environmental" resources(rate depending on quality), unless specifically set to use water; if electricity is available, they automatically use that instead of similarly gathered "sunlight"(which wouldn't be available at night).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 23, 2016, 09:27:26 pm »

Community seems pretty good to me.

I've asked some pretty nooby questions. Like one I didn't know how to get to city inventory (turns out items are listed in city report). And last night I asked an even dumber question, forgot what it was now but it was a super nooby question. And people didn't troll me or laugh or anything, and answered the two questions really kindly. Community is pretty quiet though, and pretty darn small. But doesn't seem toxic.

I've played other MMOs and have asked questions, and most of the responses are from trolls or people saying get the **** out n00b lol.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 23, 2016, 09:33:25 pm »

Oh no, the actual community isn't too bad. It's more a subtle/personal thing. While stuff like ingame chat and general politeness on forums is good, I personally dislike how two prominent community members act - namely the fact that they're essentially, well, "teacher's pets"? I can't really think of a better descriptor here.

Regardless, my point is that two people act with what feels to me like extreme pompousness. If I post an idea in the Hazeron forums, I can immediately expect both of them to put in their opinions. It's really hard to describe, but as I said, they just act like minimods - that their opinion is extreme authority. And the worst part, again, for me, is how they actually do have some power in the fact that they have "favor" with Haxus. If they disagree with an idea, chances are Haxus probably would ignore it.

This is almost entirely personal, though. For a regular player, the community is pretty good other than the trolls and Syndicate. But the Syndicate aren't active right now - I would only worry about them if and when the game gets revived.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 23, 2016, 10:15:57 pm »

... Oh no, the actual community isn't too bad. ...

Things have certainly changed since I last played a couple of years ago, then. I remember the general chat being fit to burst with anti-semetism, political bashing, playful neo-Nazism, and just generally bigoted banter. There were plenty of A-Okay folks, of course, but they were mostly silent, and there never seemed to pass more than ten minutes when I didn't feel like one of the game's core features was a live feed from /pol/. :P
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 23, 2016, 10:21:42 pm »

People are really factional.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 23, 2016, 11:15:22 pm »

I've realized my "start" is kinda hard lol. Its one island, pretty large so I've been able to fit everything I need to get into space (as well as a water plant for electricity). But, its not nearly as easy as starting on a continent. I've really had to make do with space as best as I can. It has helped a bit since I figured out that I can "build" land so I can expand the island and keep building up a bit, but its a bit finicky still.

And I built a land bridge all the way to the continent that I can see, which is kinda funny as its just a path of dirt with a road, not an actual bridge. Must have been shallow water or/and a lot of dirt. I dunno if I can do much with the continent with the city though, its pretty far away. Is there a city radius limit where I have to build a 2nd city? Or can I just make one giant city that takes up the whole planet?

(edit:

I forgot how hard it is to find certain buildings :P I keep forgetting where certain things are lol. My actual main city wherever it ends up being, will be a lot more organized. The first city I make in hazeron (even last time I played) is always a chaotic mess. Didn't help I had to scrounge for space on a island. I remember I had a huge city last time I was into this, and it always took me a good 5 to 15 minutes to actually find what I was looking for. I know there is automation (which I figured out, it was lack of houses/farms.), but early on I tend to manually do SOME (most of its still automated) stuff until I get secured and start colonizing space. Even then, I recall there was some stuff I still had to do on my own that I had to spend ages looking for the right building. Or I just did it wrong...either way, still took up to a good 15 minutes to find a particular building.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 01:56:09 am by Vendayn »

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 24, 2016, 02:03:50 am »

Eh... should i try the 15 days or not :) ?

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 24, 2016, 02:10:26 am »

Eh... should i try the 15 days or not :) ?

Well, I'm having fun with it. Its as fun as I remember last time, and I'm about to get to the moon which will be even more fun. Its pretty familiar from when I played years ago, so I've gotten the hang of it pretty quick except I did forget a lot of things.

The only thing is, its pretty quiet most of the time. In the day time (PST) its "kinda" active (saw 10 people on at one point). But go into the game like a singleplayer (MMO) game is what I suggest. Unless you can get friends to join you. Or Bay12 starts something up (and that won't be started by me), but you know how that usually goes.

You can start where you want in the galaxy. There is even a PVE only galaxy for those that prefer that. Though I think it might get kinda boring, but I know some people probably like that option than dealing with the pvp groups. I personally joined the "normal" (PvP) galaxy, but started in...I think the "rural" option or something like that. So I guess I start somewhere in the middle of nowhere with no one around me (at least that is what that option suggests). You can choose a rough location though where you start (like even in a crowded part of the galaxy), still mostly random.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 02:14:28 am by Vendayn »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 65