Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 65

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)  (Read 137075 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)
« Reply #645 on: August 14, 2015, 12:32:54 am »

Hm, the webpage archive doesn't show any sign of donations.
I've made a idiot of myself in internets, again.

My other point (if it's a point, tho...) still stands.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 01, 2015, 05:45:15 pm »

So what  changes have been made say in the last month ?

For everyone else elite dangerous with tis planetary landings is close to approaching something akin to hazeron

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 01, 2015, 05:54:47 pm »

It really isn't.
And as for changes: http://hazeron.com/update.html
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #648 on: December 27, 2015, 11:37:40 pm »

I couldn't find Hazeron in the first few pages of Other Games, this surprised me. So hope I've found the right thread in my search (I seem to remember there were at least two) and I'm not Necroing the wrong one xD

But are there still B12 players on this these days? It's been an age since I last played, but before I pay for access I was wondering how the game's doing, beyond the change-log.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #649 on: December 27, 2015, 11:50:12 pm »

I'm not sure, it's pay to play now which hampered it's popularity a lot. Also, IIRC, Haxus only keeps this up because people want to play and doesn't actually make much progress.
EDIT:
Except bugfixes it seems? Well, at least it's something.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 11:55:09 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 28, 2015, 12:06:55 am »

I couldn't find Hazeron in the first few pages of Other Games, this surprised me. So hope I've found the right thread in my search (I seem to remember there were at least two) and I'm not Necroing the wrong one xD

But are there still B12 players on this these days? It's been an age since I last played, but before I pay for access I was wondering how the game's doing, beyond the change-log.
It's still the same laggy mess from what I heard.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 28, 2015, 12:11:51 am »

I'm still playing and semi active.
The move to pay2play reduced the playerbase, a lot. There are usually around 10 players online at the same time, with 20 being this months maximum.

On the other hand Haxus is much more active then before. I remember times when we went months without patches, now there is a patch each week, something larger once a month. Some features that have been wished for for a long time have been added (changing jobs across the city from the capitol building, better government system) and he is much more open to suggestions then before.
It looks like he is taking this much more seriously now. He spends more time on the forum and ingame and is a lot more chatty then he used to be, too.

Some annoying things havn't changed yet, though. Game can still be laggy as hell and the crew AI is as horrible as ever (and now that there is collision damage ships are even less likely to survive automated routes trough busy systems).
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 04, 2016, 06:33:25 pm »

I'm always looking for a Hazeron replacement. Unfortunately, all of the similar projects I was following all stopped on their tracks or were abandoned.
There are games like StarMade, Space Engineers and Empyrion, but those will take years or will never feature the empire building present in Hazeron.
Pay to play with current exchange rates to my currency make it simply non-sensical to join, and honestly..even if I could, I don't think I trust/like the dev enough.
It's good to know he's more active now, though.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 04, 2016, 06:41:46 pm »

The best and worst memory I have of Hazeron was being shipped to the furthest reaches of the galaxy, and I had a pretty big empire all to myself with no one around at all. But the planet I made my capital on had hotdog men on it. They had the legs/lower body of a hotdog with short stubby legs and a human upperbody and head. Hotdog men would come up to me and hump me to death. And they'd follow me for ages until I killed them, just humping me the entire time. My friend was with me at the time as he was spending a few nights to hang out, and we both had the worst nightmares of hotdog men.

I still played after that, but then he made the galaxy super small and I never bothered playing again lol.

But boy do I remember hotdog man...my friend and I still occasionally talk about it cause it was so creepy. He said he'd rather watch human centipede than see the hotdog men again.

I also remember how laggy it was xD And my NPC ships would have the worst AI and always fly into the sun lol.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 04, 2016, 07:30:33 pm »

-hotdog men-
pics or it didn't happen

this was ages ago lol. And at the time, I wasn't using fraps or anything like that and wasn't big into taking screenshots in games like I do now.

But hazeron, I remember you could make some pretty weird species lol. The hotdog man was just the weirdest and creepiest lol.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 05, 2016, 07:21:03 am »

Animals used to be totally overpowered.

Back in 2011 or so me and 2 friends had a small empire called Aes Sedai. We had those huge (almost half again as high as our characters and much wider) frog things on our capital planet that could one-shot us with ranged attacks, even when we were wearing high TL magmium power armor.
The planet was also extremely overgrown, so during the first days we died constantly to invisible instant death from the jungle.
We ended up placing a 10 tiles thick perimeter of parks around our city to get rid of the trees and prevent them from spawning.

Even later we only fought those things with spaceship mounted turrets, never on foot.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 05, 2016, 11:15:56 am »

Wasn't there some chance to find huge 'titan' animals?
I remember finding at least two in unpopulated planets.

I bet if we could target animals and fire at them with the ship's main guns, people would spend whole evenings exterminating the mobs that made their experience miserable from orbit.  :P
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #658 on: January 05, 2016, 11:23:22 am »

I vaguely remember being chased by huge titan penises with wings.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 65