Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 65

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)  (Read 137328 times)

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)
« Reply #450 on: February 18, 2015, 11:58:47 am »

In Syndicate's defense they did offer relocation assistance as well.

Even offering the opportunity to be a vassal or relocate is leaps and bounds more than I ever got in SoH. All my one-man empires were brutally attacked by a major or regional empire on sight without even a word.

Given what usually happens in SoH, Syndicate is being diplomatic to a fault.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 18, 2015, 07:55:51 pm »

Well, I tried.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 18, 2015, 08:14:28 pm »

I greatly appreciate the attempt/thought though.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 18, 2015, 11:04:21 pm »

That's (more or less) fine in my opinion. Basically what he means is that they'll expand like a regular empire once their cube is filled.
The new alliance which is already 1st place in leaderboards is interesting, though.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 18, 2015, 11:27:25 pm »

Either that or they've forgotten that claiming half the galaxy will do that.

Math is your friend.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 19, 2015, 07:53:20 am »

EDIT: Apparently Syndicate members are exploiting agent (basically admin) powers to stop attacks on them by doing things such ass teleporting attackers away from their cities. I want to tell Haxus that his hands-off approach will just make people less likely to join as people exploit these things, but I know it won't get anywhere.
While I don't neccessarily approve of Syndicate's recent actions, there's nothing to back up that this was the case. I think Ivanova just jumped to conclusions; Whether or not what happened is "supposed to happen" when a ship is destroyed, it's not like bugs or unintended behaviour are strangers to Hazeron.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 19, 2015, 09:54:24 am »

You mean robske, right?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 19, 2015, 11:18:17 am »

Yes, he goes by Ivanova in-game.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 19, 2015, 11:35:25 am »

He's been playing long enough that you'd think he'd know that sometimes there are transitions between systems without any delay, along with a glitch which moves some lucky crew on a ship when it blows up instead of killing them.

In the past with private ships when they blew up and respawned immediately, a few of the crew would sometimes survive and end up on the respawned ship, even occasionally the npc officer. (I don't know if this can still happen with ships that have to be manually respawned)

Hazeron bugs seems like a more likely explanation than "Afromana somehow got agent powers and decided to use them on someone he was having no trouble killing."
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 11:39:00 am by Shadowlord »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 19, 2015, 03:48:02 pm »

I'm definitely gonna join this, once some money comes in. Seems like the Syndicate needs some Dwarfish Diplomacy. :3
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 20, 2015, 12:37:31 pm »

While you may feel like your money was wasted, the people you're upset at feel like theirs was well-spent:

Quote from: booterror
regarding hazeron, it was 5$. Thats just a little more than I pay for a beer... and I have gotten at least two cases of beer worth of enjoyment in causing tears.

(Quoted with permission)

You're really not even trying to play the same game. They're not playing for the sandbox space building and so forth, as much as they are playing for the tear-harvesting, I think.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 12:39:10 pm by Shadowlord »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 20, 2015, 02:16:00 pm »

Personally, if I had been the leader of your empire, I would have first taken the relocation offer, and moved near the other relocated empires, but into separate sectors. And I would have arranged discussions with them on the subject of forming a single empire the better to provide everyone with the best technology, resources, and ships, and knowledge of game mechanics and so on. The eventual goal would be to form something capable of taking on Syndicate.

Aside from whoever is assigned to leader and vice-leader, setting each player's character to sector commander would simplify management, in that each person would be responsible for their own sector, similar to if they were running their own empire, and you'd have all the officers possible from the habitable worlds in your sectors, so you'd have personal fleets, but for best results you'd want to coordinate together, etc. You'd also all be looking for the best resources in your empire and directing them to the empire's chosen shipyard systems, so that you would all be able to make the best ships possible. (This is basically how Tymas was run)

Obviously you need to tech up for resource quality to matter - everyone's playing with low TLs right now still, from what I hear.

With single empires your resources will be lower quality, your tech won't advance as quickly, and you can easily be picked off one by one.

Pirate alts to scout (find resources, shipyards, trade routes, officer farms, etc) and sabotage are also a long tradition.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 02:18:54 pm by Shadowlord »

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 20, 2015, 02:22:04 pm »

Once you get into the wider politics, it seems the game's general community is as acidic and appetising as vomit.

I get the feeling there's only two groups of people playing right now, the haxus fanboys and the people looking to harvest their tears. And a few people who are unaware of the haxus situation. Most of the decent hazeron community left ages ago.

That said im not sure a political landgrab intended to spark conflict is a good reason to declare a community acidic and vomit like.

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 20, 2015, 02:23:01 pm »

It's been that way from the start, people with troll names (i.e. names like NaziLord420, KawkNugget, etc etc) forming troll empires just to get in the way of other people's fun. I haven't yet tried this new Hazeron but this is the nature of free-for-all sandbox PVP games sadly.

Trolls don't care about community, or how their behaviour winds up shrinking the playerbase, they just want their lulz.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 20, 2015, 02:43:38 pm »

3) Syndicate are being douchenozzles and are apparently not above abusing glitches to do things like lag out the game to prevent attacks or assist theirs.

So far I've heard two things:
1. An accusation of being an agent and exploiting agent powers, the supposed evidence being being teleported home without dying when a ship exploded, which was just a bug. (And there was no reason to make such an accusation)
2. An accusation of lagging out the game intentionally, by spawning 750 fighters. From what I heard, Syndicate's side of this is that they parked their ship on a slab, the city spawned a fighter in the ship, then checked to see if the slab had a fighter in it, saw that it did not, and continued to spawn fighters. They contacted Haxus and he came.

P.S. If you find a bug like that, and Haxus is on, you invite him to come see it happening, so it will hopefully be more likely to be fixed. You don't just, like, fly your ship into the sun to get rid of them yourself. That would be counterproductive.

P.P.S. And robske is threatening to call his local police department, and seriously, WTF?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 65