Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 65

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)  (Read 137323 times)

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)
« Reply #420 on: February 15, 2015, 08:45:49 pm »

As an Australian I can say this: The highest latency I will usually see for a server located in Australia is about 100 (on average is between 30-60). For servers in the US my latency will almost never get lower than 170 (and that's if its located on the West coast) and can reach as hgh as about 300 (For those on the East Coast).

Anything that helps smooth out mt experience is usually welcome. I do prefer hard fixes, but I've played on enough American servers to realize that sometimes some things cannot be fixed fully straight away.

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 15, 2015, 09:56:56 pm »

No, he's right. Servers in Aus (for example) are around 80-300 ping and if it weren't for client side movement and other window-dressings they would look like Hazeron.

He was probably talking about server lag not latency, which has always been terribad on hazeron despite how powerful the servers are, the code is just that bad.

Lag is a bit of an annoying catch all term sometimes.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 15, 2015, 11:15:49 pm »

I do remember it never going above 15-20 fps or so unless nobody else was on, simply from the servers not being able to handle everything they were supposed to be doing, and because the client was waiting on server updates for each frame (until that semi-fix).

Although, that didn't seem to smooth movement of anything else (other ships, for instance, still moved step-by-step).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 15, 2015, 11:21:20 pm »

I don't know why, but I very rarely experienced movement lag and the like. My ships have always run without any lag and I've been able to easily walk without any lag.
I guess I've just been getting really lucky server placement.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 16, 2015, 05:56:41 am »

What's this I hear about pay to play? That's going to lower the playerbase that's non existent in the first place even more...

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 16, 2015, 03:42:44 pm »

in short words, Hazeron is dead, people need to figure it out, and hope for a game that does the same, but better, or at least if Haxus actually sells the game to a group of devs that can finish what he couldnt...if not making the game again from scratch and with better tools.....

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 16, 2015, 04:04:06 pm »

That's a rather insane conclusion before it even starts.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 16, 2015, 05:57:39 pm »

Double post, but account creation is enabled now and you should be able to play.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 17, 2015, 01:17:36 am »

57 people on currently, what makes me sad is that is less then 10 sectors per person that is actually online as of this moment. Going to be a bit crowded at 500 sectors max.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 17, 2015, 01:27:43 am »

... crowded? At 10 sectors per person? You're joking, right?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 17, 2015, 01:33:39 am »

10 sectors per person online as of that post. There's bound to be many more online total.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 17, 2015, 01:41:15 am »

There are 152 avatars at the time of this post. Disregarding the fact that at least some of those are alts, and with a sector count of 500, that leaves a bit more than 3 sectors per person.
You have to keep in mind that not everyone has a solo empire, though.

Dorfs R Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 17, 2015, 03:21:22 am »

I actually prefer long distances between players. That seems crowded to me.

I had fun just building and exploring systems. The view could be awesome.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 17, 2015, 09:11:16 am »

I couldn't resist, so I paid the initial 5 bucks and jumped back in. Currently creating my first city, just finishing my first set of farms. I'm running Starforged Imperium if anyone wishes to join, although you might want to wait a few hours until I can get the basics up and running.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 17, 2015, 03:35:47 pm »

Drama! Accidental conquest! Praise Targoss!
Can you still accidentally your Targoss while trying to figure out the controls? (and then turn him into a flag)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 65