Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 65

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)  (Read 137318 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)
« Reply #405 on: February 15, 2015, 01:09:56 am »

HAZERON IS COMING BACK? FOR REALS?!
shutupandtakemymoney.bmp

I can certainly handle $10 a month.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 15, 2015, 01:22:20 am »

Supposedly the universe will be A LOT smaller (judging by what I read briefly on Reddit). Thats kinda a downside to me, I liked the huge universe where I can live as a hermit in space lol
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 15, 2015, 01:25:42 am »

I assume that will change somewhat as development continues. My impression was that the smaller universe was mostly just to get the game up and running again and not the final size of the universe.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 15, 2015, 01:34:56 am »

Besides, a smaller universe is still gigantic. Hermit life will probably still be possible, though you may get a few more encounters with other people.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Harlander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 15, 2015, 03:14:27 am »

From the GW thread about it:

I have already made changes to restrict players to a 9x9x7 sector box in the Shores of Hazeron galaxy.

567 sectors, though that's a temporary measure.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 15, 2015, 04:34:55 am »

I wonder if it is as laggy as before?
10$ feels bit steep for monthly fee :(

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 15, 2015, 11:39:24 am »

Haxus also has announced that there will now be a monthly fee of $10 in order to play Hazeron.

A $10 monthly fee? For this?

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Dorfs R Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 15, 2015, 11:54:17 am »

If he could fix the "Ship constantly going into limbo while warping and swirly star screen" issue, I would gladly pay 10 bones a month to play around in glorious SoH.

I had probably 20+ colonies in 4-5 sectors but it took 10x longer then it should have to do the whole "I have to visit every system so often or lose it thing". I finally just gave up right before he pulled the plug. I missed it though. Had just gotten the tl32 levels in tech and resources.

Plus some weird bug with a shit ton of pirates around my ring world that when I would bring in a battle fleet to kill them my whole game would explode. I honestly think I crashed the server a few times trying to kill those bastards.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 11:56:03 am by Dorfs R Fun »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 15, 2015, 12:02:11 pm »

Plus some weird bug with a shit ton of pirates around my ring world that when I would bring in a battle fleet to kill them my whole game would explode. I honestly think I crashed the server a few times trying to kill those bastards.

Probably using all your video card's ram. It had a tendency to use large amounts and not bother to limit how much it was using (unlike every other game in existence), resulting in crashes when there were too many ships. (I don't imagine that could have crashed the server, though. *shrug*)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 15, 2015, 03:06:19 pm »

I wonder if it is as laggy as before?
Well, the shutdown was almost right after a lag reduction update that seemed to work excellently.
So if all goes well, there should be less lag than normal for Hazeron. Hopefully.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 15, 2015, 03:28:13 pm »

Yeah, it wasn't a lag fix.  It was a change from 100% server side movement calculation to a partial client side calculation.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 15, 2015, 05:21:56 pm »

Aye, no movement prediction yet.  Though its worth noting that hazeron is about as laggy as any other game, it just lacks certain window dressings.

That being said, I'm likely to pass on this, ten bucks a month is way too pricey for this game (for me).  Given what he has said about his server costs, I might spring for five, but not ten.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 15, 2015, 06:10:39 pm »

Though its worth noting that hazeron is about as laggy as any other game, it just lacks certain window dressings.

Not sure if serious...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 15, 2015, 06:16:29 pm »

No, he's right. Servers in Aus (for example) are around 80-300 ping and if it weren't for client side movement and other window-dressings they would look like Hazeron.

Haxus can't fix the internet, all he can do is gloss over the latency with cosmetics like movement prediction, interpolation etc. Like every other multiplayer game ever.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 15, 2015, 06:54:17 pm »

That sounds quite a bit less nice, and I'm sorry to hear that. If that's what ping times inside Aus are like, then ping times from Aus to US servers must be even worse, and Hazeron hasn't got any Australian servers.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 65