Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 65

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)  (Read 137317 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)
« Reply #390 on: February 11, 2015, 01:58:36 am »

I'll take fewer systems!
look i just want to create my own species okay
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Harlander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 11, 2015, 03:04:06 am »

ohmygodohmygodohmygod.

Hazeron is probably one of my favorite games. I can't wait to play it again (and hopefully donate to Haxus)

I'm pretty surprised to hear Haxus talk about accepting donations. I always thought the issue was one of principle rather than technical.

Anyway, glad to hear the game might be popping up sooner than expected. Quite glad of the retur n of the Lego ships, too, frankly. They may have looked clunky, but they were a lot easier to wrap my head around.

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 11, 2015, 10:02:57 am »

If it does return, I'll just probably make another quadruped species, possibly something else other than an omnivore. I wanted to make an scavenger once but decided against it.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 11, 2015, 04:30:34 pm »

I SHALL CREATE BIPEDAL SPIDER-DEMONS FROM HELL
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 11, 2015, 04:37:38 pm »

Maybe the smaller universe will fix the lag ::)
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 11, 2015, 06:46:43 pm »

Nope. Less servers as well.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 11, 2015, 07:56:02 pm »

Maybe he should redo everything? He seems to be doing it already so shit, might as well go the whole way. SoH looks to be one of those "dream project" things so it's not like it'd be hurting him to work on the game.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 11, 2015, 07:57:47 pm »

Haxus has (many) times stated that he wants to make complete games before returning to Hazeron. Many times.
It really just seems like he got tired of the endless project that was Hazeron and wanted to make complete games first. That's just speculation, though.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 11, 2015, 07:59:35 pm »

But... he is returning to it? I was saying that maybe he should just leave it and maybe work on it on the side until he's ready to redo it proper. Since as far as I can tell having to keep up with Shores is exactly what the problem was in the first place.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 11, 2015, 07:59:56 pm »

Maybe he should redo everything? He seems to be doing it already so shit, might as well go the whole way. SoH looks to be one of those "dream project" things so it's not like it'd be hurting him to work on the game.
I've been saying this since I first played this game years ago.  He has some great ideas, and sometimes implements new features decently.  Only problem is the underlying code for the entire engine.  A fresh start with everything he's learned from the start would be best.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 11, 2015, 08:03:21 pm »

He's not returning to Hazeron. He's simply putting aside some servers for it and adding an invisible wall before going back to Gravity Well 6 and his other uncompleted game.
But yeah - A rewrite would definitely help the game, considering the project started in the late '90s. Such a rewrite would be a huge task, though.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 11, 2015, 08:08:21 pm »

But... he is returning to it? I was saying that maybe he should just leave it and maybe work on it on the side until he's ready to redo it proper. Since as far as I can tell having to keep up with Shores is exactly what the problem was in the first place.
As far as I've read it sounds like the upcoming hazeron is two things:
1. Not a priority
2. Far smaller and with a invisible galaxy wall.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 14, 2015, 10:08:38 pm »

THE SITE IS BACK UP (AND FORUMS) OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD

Haxus also has announced that there will now be a monthly fee of $10 in order to play Hazeron. I for one am glad to support Haxus, but I'm afraid it may deter other players.
The site is also less ugly. It now looks like it was made in 2002 instead of 1992.

EDIT: Maybe a new thread? Maaybe?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 10:43:27 pm by Chiefwaffles »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 14, 2015, 10:44:38 pm »

dammit, money is hard to get

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Oh well. I was planning on a monthly allowance for my Paypal, anyway.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 14, 2015, 10:49:09 pm »

Hazeron is not up. Just the site and forums at this point.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 65