Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 65

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)  (Read 137263 times)

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
Re: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)
« Reply #240 on: May 14, 2014, 04:02:16 am »

Well, the 64 bit version was patched so that works now.

And... I just now got around to doing the tutorial :P  (too much poking and prodding.... and crashing it)

Ye can get ye flask!
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 14, 2014, 04:22:43 am »

Soon!

Soon the skies of many worlds will be darkened by the presence of many flask based ships!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 14, 2014, 10:47:40 am »

may i add that the current iteration of the designers is supposed to cover creatures, items, vehicles, mechs, buildings and spaceships, looking from the as of now unavaliable options...

so in the long run is basically fusing all the needed models under a single editor (kinda like SPORE, except this gives total freedom of design)

a flora editor would come handy anyways, the procedurall flora will be strange to see with those new models...some customization would be cool..

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 14, 2014, 11:15:55 am »

And lag free environment.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 14, 2014, 01:02:02 pm »

I'll ask the usual question - and the answer will invariably keep me away from the game for another year, but...

How's the lag?

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 14, 2014, 01:24:17 pm »

Wait for few years :)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 14, 2014, 01:24:49 pm »

Soon!

Soon the skies of many worlds will be darkened by the presence of many flask based ships!
I prefer flask than dick shaped ship...
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 14, 2014, 02:19:01 pm »

Adding crazy ship/building/creature building features without fixing the lag and instability is like creating a sports car without wheels.

At this point I don't think Haxus has any intention of creating a playable game and is just doing fun programming exercises.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #248 on: May 14, 2014, 02:36:34 pm »

He's making the game he wants to play, and there's something to be said for that.

I think that in like 20 years, Hazeron will be seen as both ahead of its time and absurdly clunky.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 14, 2014, 03:03:29 pm »

So, hows progress on Hazeron? Worth trying again yet?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 14, 2014, 05:51:12 pm »

Adding crazy ship/building/creature building features without fixing the lag and instability is like creating a sports car without wheels.

At this point I don't think Haxus has any intention of creating a playable game and is just doing fun programming exercises.

This.

It's all very well saying he's creating the kind of game he wants to play, and it's fine saying he's building something ahead of its time...

But building a tremendous game which is laggy to the point of being grossly unplayable is like building a perfect Statue of Liberty in your bathroom out of shit. It may be great, but nobody is going to want to see it.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #251 on: May 14, 2014, 08:38:56 pm »

This.

It's all very well saying he's creating the kind of game he wants to play, and it's fine saying he's building something ahead of its time...

But building a tremendous game which is laggy to the point of being grossly unplayable is like building a perfect Statue of Liberty in your bathroom out of shit. It may be great, but nobody is going to want to see it.

Unless said Statue of Liberty has a Triple-A title name and marketing and a lot of shit-polish :P

And yea, lag has been there along time (and the movement issues).  He did at least say he would try to take care of movement after hes done with ships (and hes redoing a lot of pathing stuff as well with the new designer stuff), plus supposedly the new objects are much, much more efficient data-wise.

Of course, right now the biggest lag is still AI (especially pirates that can lag systems to hell due to a bug that got put on backburner).  And in reality, lag isn't even the worst thing: straight up server instability, character loss, etc trumps all that, and theres still some lingering cases where that all happens.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 15, 2014, 01:26:56 am »

Eh.. all know why it is laggy as hell.
Old code and crappy server side code that interacts with client.
Have fun Haxus fixing that now instead of fixing it few years ago.

Im surprised he dont scrap the old SH and start fresh with better engines that is available.
There is community that backs him up since they know what the product will be.
Im not paying the 10$ for this shitty and buggy game as now what he plans on.

YaY for morning rant :D !

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 15, 2014, 09:21:20 am »

Eh?

He never discussed payment or fees in the forums, and it is currently free so...

I have no idea what you are talking about.

-Edit-

Well alright, he talks about it possibly being pay to play in the future, but no specifics were ever given.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 09:27:46 am by deoloth »

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 15, 2014, 09:43:12 am »

Eh?

He never discussed payment or fees in the forums, and it is currently free so...

I have no idea what you are talking about.

-Edit-

Well alright, he talks about it possibly being pay to play in the future, but no specifics were ever given.

So then you know where it might comes to.
And you know what i am talking about :)
http://hazeron.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5701&p=64795&hilit=fee#p64795
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 65