Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 65

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)  (Read 137249 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)
« Reply #180 on: January 03, 2014, 01:24:55 am »

I made my own empire, as well. If anyone actually wants to fly under my banner, just send me a PM
For the record, this is why Bay12 always fails to stick to games.  Server wipe encourages people to band together and make something great?  Nope, let's all just immediately fracture and sit in our own separate corners.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 03, 2014, 01:27:15 am »

I myself have my own empire, but when I'm not playing on that character, I have an 'alt' in the Bay12 empire. I also learned that my empire is actually within reasonable distance of the Capitol for the bay12 empire.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 03, 2014, 01:51:11 am »

Welp. That's annoying.
When exploring using one of the Uglier Duckling craft, I noticed I accidently set the navpoint to a planet in the outer zone. When I was 18km away, I set the navpoint to a habitable planet. The AI pilot, in all its glory, decided to take a detour through the said outer planet's atmosphere. There were no survivors.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 03, 2014, 06:13:00 am »

I made my own empire, as well. If anyone actually wants to fly under my banner, just send me a PM
For the record, this is why Bay12 always fails to stick to games.  Server wipe encourages people to band together and make something great?  Nope, let's all just immediately fracture and sit in our own separate corners.

Thing is, I think many people (though not all) enjoy the early-game of SoH much more than the late game. Setting up your first moonbase after a lot of work getting your first economy up on your homeworld is waaaaay more fun than setting up colony number 105834 almost exactly the same way as every other colony in a 100-player galaxy-spanning Empire.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:17:15 am by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 03, 2014, 07:06:58 am »

As much i would like to jump in again i can't get get over the fact that the moving lag is still there.
Maybe next year Haxus really does something to the coding to ease lag on server side.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 07:09:41 am by Imofexios »

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 03, 2014, 08:40:24 am »

You'll get used to the movement lag.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 03, 2014, 08:57:33 am »

You'll get used to the movement lag.

That's a pretty blanket assumption to make about everyone who has played the game and found the lag to be untenable. I last played 2~ years ago and not a single thing has been done about it since then, and I could never get used to it. Just way too frustrating.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 03, 2014, 09:34:35 am »

I checked it out again and the moving is still as pain as it was before.
Playing on singleplayer makes no sense on this game so see you next year i hope :(

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 03, 2014, 12:14:10 pm »

Can you assign 'Carn' as Count of the Freezing Sands? Since Pinkie doesn't own it even after settling it, I can't set down a second city on the planet for farming plant fibre in a separate zone. I send you mail, but you might have not received it.

Jifodus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress Projects
« Reply #189 on: January 03, 2014, 03:23:24 pm »

Can you assign 'Carn' as Count of the Freezing Sands? Since Pinkie doesn't own it even after settling it, I can't set down a second city on the planet for farming plant fibre in a separate zone. I send you mail, but you might have not received it.

I will, but the way Monarchy works is that the character receiving the position needs to be online to accept the position. I believe Dictatorship can arbitrarily change positions, so if I don't catch you online when I get on later, I'll see if switching to a Dictatorship will let me set it.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 03, 2014, 09:12:47 pm »

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 04, 2014, 04:29:41 pm »

Ok i was really bored and made Empire.
Anyone still playing so we could figure do we ally or i join in or what we do.
Alone the Lag gets to you really fast =D
Going with name Coldron

Jifodus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 04, 2014, 07:50:43 pm »

We're up to TL6 TL5 class ships, and a couple buildings away from TL7. We need Io Plasma/Io Tube and Cryozine/Cryo Heatsink Production and trade to the Capital. I was going to start building ships with Shields, but since the capital doesn't have any Cryo Heat Sinks, that idea kinda fell through. Though the new ship I've setup has an empty shield bay.

If anyone wants to create a design sell it to a Design Studio and let me know it's name and number, and I'll set it up for production.

Ok i was really bored and made Empire.
Anyone still playing so we could figure do we ally or i join in or what we do.
Alone the Lag gets to you really fast =D
Going with name Coldron
To ally, if you're online right now (or going to be online in the next couple hours), send me a message and I'll invite you to my ship and I believe that'll be enough to trigger empire relationships in Diplomacy. From there, you swear vassalage. Or something. I'm not exactly certain how the mechanics work for vassalage, but it might be possible to use the Friends channel for cross-empire communication.

Edit: Of course, as I was writing this, the server went down.

Edit 2: I lied, the Textile Mill is still at TL5.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 08:55:09 pm by Jifodus »

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 04, 2014, 09:21:47 pm »

Umm could you talk on gal chat so i can send you message :D ??

Jifodus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 04, 2014, 11:50:02 pm »

Join the channel named "Bay12". It's the little button above the tabs right next to the yellow one.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 65