Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 65

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)  (Read 137240 times)

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)
« Reply #150 on: December 31, 2013, 03:56:39 pm »

Still in on this, I spent a while learning the new things.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 31, 2013, 04:22:11 pm »

http://imgur.com/FHC2Jvf
Whoever is going to make the empire...

FOR THOSE NEW TO THE IDEA:
You don't have to be the same race as the empire.  You can make a new character into the empire, and make a custom race, or make your own empire with your own race, abandon it, join B12, and warp to home planet.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 31, 2013, 04:25:15 pm »

DWARFS. A Bay 12 empire must be a race of dwarfs. Take the standard human model, shrink it down, use the cilia mouth for a "beard". Best you're gonna get.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Jifodus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress Projects
« Reply #153 on: December 31, 2013, 06:17:07 pm »

Oh nice. I guess I'll join everyone. Has the empire been created yet?

Edit:
I just created one. The empire name is Bay12 and the current join mode is set to By Password ("ToadyOne") and it's a Monarchy which is effectively Dictatorship but it lets people leave more readily. If someone else wants to run the empire you're welcome to take ownership.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 06:54:44 pm by Jifodus »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 31, 2013, 07:23:28 pm »

I think I found the empire. However, I'm seeing the empire race is a tiny floating head?

That's okay though: One of the cool new features is you can create a new race even while joining another empire!

Edit: Has anyone managed to make a humanoid-looking character? I can only make a fucked up insectoid thing that walks on its hands.
Double-edit: Apparently, the trick is to set your stature to 3 and add some torso vertebrae.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 07:39:19 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 31, 2013, 08:04:24 pm »

I have my own empire up and going (Dictatus Magica) but I'd love to ally with you guys (if we ever encounter each other).

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 31, 2013, 08:43:47 pm »

Even if you'd rather run your own empire, you ought to make a character in the Bay12 one.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 31, 2013, 10:12:50 pm »

not even the first day and we have already tamed the giant glow-in-the-dark leopards.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 31, 2013, 11:42:45 pm »

Oh gods, the new road-building system is horrifying. Especially when all the planet's land consists of mountains/hills that prevent roadbuilding (or restrict it so much as to make it impractical)...

If only it were still possible to simply pave a huge square area completely flat.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 01, 2014, 04:47:49 am »

My framerate when walking around on the surface is just abysmal. Maybe it's because I haven't played it much since I got a computer that's actually capable of running normal games well, but wow, I don't remember it either being this bad or bothering me this much before. Having a GPU capable of running Crysis doesn't seem to help much. Do you guys have any tips for optimizing FPS? Especially with buildings around?

That said, I plan to be playing, soon. If only to get to space where my FPS is better. :P

Jifodus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 01, 2014, 03:50:52 pm »

The gameserver that's responsible for running the Capital is broken. It was taking about upwards from 10 minutes to execute a game tick (it seems to be losing 1-2 minutes per 10 seconds of time). Since it's broken, it's not possible to create a new character right now, logging in will take forever. For those of you who managed to get out of the system, I recommend staying out of the system for now. Hopefully a server restart will fix it.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 01, 2014, 03:51:49 pm »

That brings back memories.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Jifodus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 01, 2014, 05:30:41 pm »

Now that the server has uncrapped itself, I've started the research process.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 01, 2014, 06:47:37 pm »

At the time of this post, the Bay12 empire is now #10 in empire standings. Hopefully we can stay at that spot, if not get to a better one.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Jifodus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 01, 2014, 07:13:25 pm »

It's not terribly difficult, all it takes is spreading out to more sectors and systems. We're up to 3 sectors right now.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 65