Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 65

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)  (Read 137276 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)
« Reply #345 on: August 21, 2014, 02:31:59 pm »

The amount of polish the game has really depends on how long it's going to be 'developed' before being made public.
Since I interpreted Haxus's statement as "a few months", I'd guess it'd be a tiny bit more polished than hazeron in a noticeable way, yet it still would carry the Hazeron Polish-Free seal.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 21, 2014, 02:35:48 pm »

the Hazeron Polish-Free seal.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sorry I couldn't resist.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 21, 2014, 02:58:01 pm »

Honestly, I'm not too hopeful about what this new Hazeron thing will be. He might be just nuking everything but the DNA and ship design because those might be the least clusterfucked parts of the code? I can see how they work from a design standpoint, sorta.

Hopefully, though, is that he's going to work on the basic network infrastructure so that it works before adding other stuff.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #348 on: August 29, 2014, 11:13:39 am »

Just got back from visiting Haxus.  Hes basically going to be making Gravity Well 2, probably for tablets.  Getting rid of most of the Hazeron stuff and just using ships and planets more or less. 

Some talk was involved about copying the GW model, drastic reduction of resources, multiplayer with multiple sectors and motherships... and depending on how the game goes, microtransactions of some sort.  He also wants to, more or less, just get a game out there and get one done, probably a few games this way.

He said he could potentially go back to doing Hazeron if he had some sort of actual income from all this, maybe even hiring some people if he had enough (that is, if he decided to ever go back to it at least).  Would definitely be some simplification though.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 29, 2014, 11:17:50 am »

Just got back from visiting Haxus.  Hes basically going to be making Gravity Well 2, probably for tablets.  Getting rid of most of the Hazeron stuff and just using ships and planets more or less. 

Some talk was involved about copying the GW model, drastic reduction of resources, multiplayer with multiple sectors and motherships... and depending on how the game goes, microtransactions of some sort.  He also wants to, more or less, just get a game out there and get one done, probably a few games this way.

He said he could potentially go back to doing Hazeron if he had some sort of actual income from all this, maybe even hiring some people if he had enough (that is, if he decided to ever go back to it at least).  Would definitely be some simplification though.
Boooooooooooooooooooo
I wouldn't mind paying for Hazeron, but I'd rather have what we had before instead of some simplified generic shell of its former self.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 29, 2014, 11:21:53 am »

i dont think money was ever the issue with hazeron getting more people on the dev team. It was more haxus's inability to work with other people, as evidenced by the multiple people hired to the dev team who then ended up gone whithin a short time period.

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 29, 2014, 12:00:42 pm »

I miss this game already.

Waking up early to make sure none of my crucial intersolar supply ships crashed... hearing that lovable comms "beep" with the dead silence of space.

There is no alternative to this kind of empire building.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 29, 2014, 01:29:08 pm »

Come back, Haxus. The Internet misses your super-complex, overly-laggy, beautiful mess :(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 29, 2014, 01:56:47 pm »

I really wanted to build a space elevator by stacking ships on top of one another.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 29, 2014, 03:43:10 pm »

And just like that, my dreams were crushed. Again.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 29, 2014, 07:39:31 pm »

I kinda hoped someone tossed in some info saying he's relaunching the game for christmas. Oh well, I still miss this game. Even riled up a couple of my friends to play this summer, I think they said something about the server having shut down then but I didn't listen.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 30, 2014, 01:38:06 am »

RIP, Hazeron.

May you live on in the ideas of another crazy, ambitious game designer- maybe one who's better at bug fixing and less socially maladjusted.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Corik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 30, 2014, 04:29:51 am »

I never managed to get a vehicle :(

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 30, 2014, 05:12:18 am »

I never managed to get a vehicle :(
Proper spaceship here, last time I did the spaceship dug itself into the ground and wouldn't budge. Logged out for two-three days and that... it's so much more fun driving around in a Heli or a bike or a SUV.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 30, 2014, 05:34:36 am »

Maybe someone could ask him if they could host hazeron elsewhere?  If he picks it up again later, he could have it, or if he ever updates then the other-hazeron wouldn't update...
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 65