Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 65

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)  (Read 137097 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2013, 04:38:22 pm »

Yes. Press that [work] button repeatedly. It is calling out to you. Press it even when it is greyed out and will give you no reward. Press it without mercy and without end. PRESS PRESS PRESS. The skinner box calls to you. Surrender to its siren call.

(Or you you could find something less awful to play)
I think you need to stop posting.

Finndibaenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2013, 04:42:32 pm »

once your city (ies) have stopped growing (or have sufficient loyalty) you can confiscate wealth.
Loyalty drop will be the double of the % confiscated, but you can easily get millions, even 100s of millions like that

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2013, 07:09:40 pm »

First get a bullion industry going, and then do jobs in the various buildings. You get paid for each job, so if you work in, say, an 8 level metal smelter, you can run all 8 processes yourself.

Note: This used to actually give decent cash.  However, now all processes award a single insignificant credit: you would have more luck scavenging rocks and the occasional gem and bringing them back to sell to the city. 

More or less, the economy is horribly broke right now, and new players just get outright screwed.  Pretty much the best way to make money is make your own empire (or make a side one with an alt) and just have a giant minting system, then seize 50% funds after a week or so, and repeat.  Otherwise, finding an empire that has a preon harvester you can use for a bit and then sell everything to a built up city works for quick cash.  If you can manage to build a ship, I guess passenger hauling is 'slightly' faster than hauling rocks and random gems to a broker... and you can kind of do trading too, or some of the jobs from the job system (however, if the city has bombs and you have a subsidized ship, you can basically get them free, put them in your inventory, then go to a broker and sell them back to the city for cash... use a vehicle or ride an animal to move).
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2013, 07:11:03 pm »

Ah. See, I guess my info is kinda out of date :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2013, 07:29:42 pm »

I've been poking around here and there. My main problem with playing is that every time I connect to the game server, my internet seems to disconnect. The ship/building editors work fine, as does the mail client. Reading the Hazeron forums, it's supposedly an issue with IP flood detection. But that's not only something I cannot fix(I'm on a "public" router), I don't think it's the issue since no other game gives me this problem. ...Except Jedi Academy, which doesn't make sense since I was playing that in single-player(which uses a different .exe than multiplayer).

The most serious problem with the game is the network reliable(lag, etc) and Haxus' seeming inability or unwillingness to fix it.

@Girlinhat: Non-carnivores can forage, and herbivores have a greater option for foraging plants. Backspace to go into overhead view, [ and ] to cycle display modes until plants appear, go to one of the edible plant icons(hay doesn't show, but it's everywhere, and edible to herbivores) and search around there. Carnivores can hunt, but that can easily get you killed. If it's not too disgusting to you, you can always whack one of your citizens(they do still appear around town, right?) and eat them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2013, 07:35:41 pm »

Yes, citizen (and crew) murder is a tried and true way to acquire easy food, plus random stuff as they drop clothes / random item from city.  However, they do actually hide now when you begin slaughtering them so you only get to whack about 10-20 of em before having to wait awhile or go to another city.

And yea, I agree that the movement / lag and connection problems turn most people off of the game from the start.  Haxus is working on other stuff right now though, and that won't get touched for awhile (finishing buildings, planets, ringworld rework, ship GLSL port, misc bugs and longterm other problems, not necessarily in that order, but after that he plans a reset most likely).
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2013, 08:23:40 pm »

I'd probably play this again if the lag was fixed, but I gave up on this hope like 2 years ago.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2013, 11:00:21 am »

He should start focusing on making the game playable instead of just bloating it with more crap to lag up everything..
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2013, 07:51:17 am »

Expounding further on my playability issue, it seems that the limbo screen doesn't disconnect me, just the game world, as I've just been treated to rubberbanding between limbo and trying to load the game, watching my network speed go from ~200kb/s(limbo) to dead stop(game world).

It seemed like the off-line instance of the game world also did this, but it could have been a large period of lag on my part, as the music I was streaming suddenly started buffering again shortly before being electrocuted to death by a two-headed tigerpenisbird. More testing might be required.

This game also really shouldn't necessarly bloat my CPU usage(on one core, at least), and possibly network usage, to the maximum at all times, should it?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2013, 08:34:35 am »

I realy like this game, the ability to build up your own little industry realy clicked with me. Pity about the lag though, I hear that it gets far worse in space too. If that was fixed I'd return to this game in a heart beat.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2013, 10:24:44 am »

most part of the game world functions are done by the server, if you haven't noticed the client folder is really lightweight compared to other online games, allmost all is done by the server, and is a single shard. latency and GPU/CPU consumption is expected, while i would like to see server optimization, the game is playable to a good degree, it needs a bit more power from the hardware and the internet bandwidth

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2013, 01:34:53 pm »

Lag is the only thing that keeps me from going back to the game.

I must have started five or six new empires since discovering the game, I love being able to build up from scratch and then colonise the system - but the lag makes it more a chore than a pleasure, as does the regular incursions by other players intent on just destroying everything or enslaving you.

If this was a single player game, with a good frame rate, I'd pay £40 for it without any complaints.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2013, 01:40:02 pm »

Curiously I've only gotten real lag once or twice, total.  I don't know what I'm doing different, but it's the least concern for me...

Xinvoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2013, 01:57:05 pm »

Ι remember 4 years ago, when Haxus promised in the world chat that he would fix the movement lag right after <something>.
I picture him typing that while letting out a evil "muahahaha!" laugh.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2013, 10:37:02 am »

Ι remember 4 years ago, when Haxus promised in the world chat that he would fix the movement lag right after <something>.
I picture him typing that while letting out a evil "muahahaha!" laugh.
"I shall marry one of you as soon as I have finished this tapestry"

Which is to say, I'm implying that Haxus is stealthily adding bugs to delay having to fix movement lag.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 65