Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 65

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)  (Read 137243 times)

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)
« Reply #195 on: January 06, 2014, 03:54:33 am »

ok. i tried to play this, but i keep getting this crash. failed to compile shader Atmosphere.v.

i am running this on a macbook air with a vmware using windows 7 64 bit. does anyone know how to fix this?

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 06, 2014, 08:29:13 am »

Did we resolve the electronics shortage? If so, I might jump back in and see if I can do some exploration/colonization/whatever.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Jifodus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress Projects
« Reply #197 on: January 06, 2014, 02:46:29 pm »

I don't know if the electronics shortage specifically has been resolved, but I was online for a few minutes earlier to ensure that colonization ships were being produced. I'm at work right now so I don't know if any ships have been produced, but before I left it was in the process of constructing some ships.

ok. i tried to play this, but i keep getting this crash. failed to compile shader Atmosphere.v.

i am running this on a macbook air with a vmware using windows 7 64 bit. does anyone know how to fix this?
Do you know what version of OpenGL the VM supports?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 06, 2014, 02:53:04 pm »

There is a mac client. (I can't speak to whether the mac client is any good)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 08, 2014, 09:18:33 am »

It seems that you folks are closer to my own empire than I believed.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 08, 2014, 09:26:10 am »

Wow, ended up on the rim of the galaxy. I have a grand total of 3 systems in my sector, including mine, and they only connect to each other and no other place. Deadheaded to the closest stars and neither of the two I visited even had a wormhole (which is annoying as they were 8p and 10p away). Making good progress otherwise. Only about 2 - 3 days old and I have T9 universities already.

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 08, 2014, 09:34:44 am »

That isolation is an advantage at the moment, with no real high tech "galaxy police" large empire out

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 08, 2014, 09:43:03 am »

That isolation is an advantage at the moment, with no real high tech "galaxy police" large empire out

As well as a disadvantage, as it takes forever to actual get anywhere, the two systems I have quick access to each contain a single world. One has an outer world and the other is an inferno world with no decent quality resources. One of the far systems does contain Vulc Q231 and Isoplasma Q232 on the same planet though. Going to get a colony and freighter setup sometime here.

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 08, 2014, 10:06:02 am »

Thats true. Myself, I'm near the edge of the galaxy but lucky enough to be on the edge of an arm, so theres enough systems around that wormholes connect many systems. I've had to only deadhead twice so far. And in my own sectors I have influence in I have access to some high ql resources. I've not seen any good Vulcanite in areas around me but I will have access to fantastic sources of both Ioplasma annd Cyrozine later on.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #204 on: January 12, 2014, 10:02:20 pm »

I'd love to join the B12 empire, but I have no idea where to find the password...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Jifodus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress Projects
« Reply #205 on: January 12, 2014, 11:55:40 pm »

I've already replied to your PM PTTG, but for anyone else interested in joining:

The empire name is Bay12 and the current join mode is set to By Password ("ToadyOne") and it's a Monarchy which is effectively Dictatorship but it lets people leave more readily so that it's easier to manage ranks while people are offline.

There is one ship on the ground, and a couple more in space. To access the ones in space, you'll need to (1) Hail the spaceport, (2) Request a transporter beam, (3) Use the transporter beam to beam to one of the nearby ships. If you need any help, you might try asking in Empire, but it's been pretty quiet recently.

The Bay12 Empire has production capabilities up to TL14 due to maxing out the available Ioplasma quality, though research is still moving along and the lowest ship production tech is at TL15. Universities are at TL25.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #206 on: January 13, 2014, 08:25:51 pm »

As well as a disadvantage, as it takes forever to actual get anywhere, the two systems I have quick access to each contain a single world. One has an outer world and the other is an inferno world with no decent quality resources. One of the far systems does contain Vulc Q231 and Isoplasma Q232 on the same planet though. Going to get a colony and freighter setup sometime here.

Wow, you're way out lol. I would suggest making an alt to manage your little 3 system empire and fly your main char on a ship for a few days toward a more densely packed sector of space. That way you still have your little empire area to fall back on and can expand out to a denser area for the future. You can always move your technology out from the main base via accepting a berth aboard your ship with tech disks in tow.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 13, 2014, 09:01:22 pm »

Any lag improvements?

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #208 on: January 13, 2014, 09:11:30 pm »

Any lag improvements?

It's way better than it was when I played before. But it still has its issues. Sometimes on zoning to a new system you get a period where you can give your ship orders and it will do stuff but your own movement and accessing consoles and such isn't synced up and won't work. Sometimes lasts several minutes. I assume this is something to do with the server taking a few mins to load and allocate resources for a system that wasn't previously loaded, but I'm not sure.

In general though I haven't seen much lag while just hanging out in a system and building. I haven't been in any major population centers or anything though, just a few people and a few dozen ships around the B12 capital.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Jason

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 14, 2014, 08:52:21 am »

A normal day in Shores of Hazeron:
http://hazeron.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6292

The community is the most anti-Semitic i ever saw in a game. Nationalism and racism is favorite topic for most of the players.
It goes no hour without any "jew-/ gas-/ etc jokes" in the gamechat.
The stand of the developers to this? : "we believe in freedom of speech" (Ikkir Isth)
So this is the american "freedom of speech"?!

Avoid this anit-semitic game!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 65