Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 65

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)  (Read 137227 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)
« Reply #165 on: January 01, 2014, 08:04:06 pm »

Well, we appear to have ships, now. Not sure about whether or not they have FTL capabilities, though.
I made the ships, and they should be perfectly FTL capable. We'll be replacing them as soon as our TL hits 2 so we can have some goddamn sensors though. :P
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 02, 2014, 12:38:11 am »

Out of loyalty to this community, all I can say is if a crusade starts against the Exiles empire, don't join it.  They aren't as they seem.  That is all.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 02, 2014, 12:59:54 am »

Well, I'm back into empire building again. I've been building slowly so I've yet to get to space yet, but its been interesting so far. For those who care my empire ingame is Brightstar Allience

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 02, 2014, 01:27:37 am »

This is way to laggy for me guys. Like seriously, whoever optimized this is a idiot. I can handle any modern game reasonably well, but something that looks worse than the original doom? Nope.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 02, 2014, 03:36:36 am »

Out of loyalty to this community, all I can say is if a crusade starts against the Exiles empire, don't join it.  They aren't as they seem.  That is all.

I don't really see how that's true. They've apparently noobstomped multiple times, giving the whole "unclean" RP reason.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Jifodus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress Projects
« Reply #170 on: January 02, 2014, 03:37:15 am »

Might as well get back into this. What's the Bay12 Empire?

The empire name is Bay12 and the current join mode is set to By Password ("ToadyOne") and it's a Monarchy which is effectively Dictatorship but it lets people leave more readily. If someone else wants to run the empire you're welcome to take ownership.

Note Bay12 is apparently case sensitive.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 02, 2014, 05:01:00 am »

Uh, might be a little too late. They've invaded two of our neighbor's systems and we're currently moving in to take them back. And the french are very close by, so they might join the battle too if they feel threatened by the noobstomping.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 02, 2014, 12:02:56 pm »

I think I'll join soon but I can't guarantee my sanity will survive the lag.
I'd love to help our empire, though.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #173 on: January 02, 2014, 12:59:37 pm »

Haxus should be fixing some lag related stuff over next week or so, and may cripple/hotfix troops at bases for a bit to stabilize it a bit more (so far: AI lag is the killer, and theres also a few systems that are lagging just by existing that he needs to look at)
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 02, 2014, 01:06:41 pm »

Haxus should be fixing some lag related stuff over next week or so, and may cripple/hotfix troops at bases for a bit to stabilize it a bit more (so far: AI lag is the killer, and theres also a few systems that are lagging just by existing that he needs to look at)

Unless somehow movement gains clientside prediction, it will always appear to lag, However yea, AI lagging can cause explosiveshipdeath.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 02, 2014, 03:57:23 pm »

Uh, might be a little too late. They've invaded two of our neighbor's systems and we're currently moving in to take them back. And the french are very close by, so they might join the battle too if they feel threatened by the noobstomping.

Well, don't say I didn't warn you.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 02, 2014, 05:07:29 pm »

I jumped back into SoH yesterday as a new empire.  Just now getting a moon base going, and only some minor research because of lack of monies; but that's to be expected. Lol.  I haven't had many of the lag issues other have been experiencing though besides some movement freeze after constructing; but that's something that's happened every time I've played before. 
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 02, 2014, 10:34:03 pm »

Well, don't say I didn't warn you.

I'm not really sure what's the problem. They invaded a friend and neighbor, and we went and taken the conquered places back.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 03, 2014, 12:18:54 am »

Will be hopping in under the dwarven flag.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 03, 2014, 01:19:16 am »

I made my own empire, as well. If anyone actually wants to fly under my banner, just send me a PM
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 65