Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: am i the only one?  (Read 2450 times)

Batmantis56

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
am i the only one?
« on: April 28, 2013, 09:42:23 pm »

Ive been checking the main page religiously every time I have internet access for a long time crossing my fingers for a new release.

Judging from the logs it could be awhile away, month or two I'm guessing.

Any rumors or legit info?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: am i the only one?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 10:11:56 pm »

The rumors say month or two away. The most recent official release estimate is March 2013, which I'm banking on until that date unpasses.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 10:36:12 pm »

The rumors say month or two away. The most recent official release estimate is March 2013, which I'm banking on until that date unpasses.
March already passed.

Anyways, there are about 4-5 things Toady needs to complete. I would expect Late July.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 11:09:39 pm »

March already passed.

Thus why I wait for its unpassing :P

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 08:34:55 am »

Well, at this point it's probably May or June.
But every passing month essentially doubles the chances. (which were slim to begin with)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 06:40:19 pm »

But every passing month essentially doubles the chances. (which were slim to begin with)
Little soon becomes alot.

Nonetheless, while you wait, work on a mod or a megaproject to pass time. Try to work on an ultraproject (full-embark-scale), like a fully-functional modern dwarven city with a power grid and everything. Power lines and so forth, paved city streets, dwarven condos.

Batmantis56

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 09:32:21 pm »

Thanks, guys. I've been playing for some time but there's a few areas I'm yet to master (clothing, carts) so I'll tackle that in the mean time untill the release.

Which is gonna be like christmas

ChuckWeiss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 09:39:57 pm »

I've been saying that since June 6th, 2012 (which you'll notice coincides with the first news post from Toady after the most recent release). Bear in mind, as far as we've heard, he hasn't even resolved chopping down and processing the new multi-tile trees.

EDIT: So no, you're not the only one. The only thing I haven't done yet is make the main page my homepage.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 09:44:33 pm by ChuckWeiss »
When he dies for the Mountain, the Mountain will weep not tears, but Blood for the Blood God!

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 03:55:04 pm »

I've been saying that since June 6th, 2012 (which you'll notice coincides with the first news post from Toady after the most recent release). Bear in mind, as far as we've heard, he hasn't even resolved chopping down and processing the new multi-tile trees.

EDIT: So no, you're not the only one. The only thing I haven't done yet is make the main page my homepage.
Usually a release goes out around a year or so after the last one. The last release was in June, I'm pretty sure, so that's around the time I would be putting of of my chips.
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 01:54:55 pm »

Judging by the amount of unfinished loose ends, needed bugfixing before the release and recent comments l think a release could easily be six months away.

ChuckWeiss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 01:56:01 pm »

Judging by the amount of unfinished loose ends, needed bugfixing before the release and recent comments l think a release could easily be six months away.

My thoughts exactly. Especially after this most recent FotF reply. There were a lot of "I haven't gotten that worked out yet"s and "I haven't touched on that yet"s in his answers.
When he dies for the Mountain, the Mountain will weep not tears, but Blood for the Blood God!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 02:21:39 pm »

Little soon becomes alot.

"Every month [...] doubles the chances" or "Every month halves the no-chance?" ;)

I mean, starting at a generous 10% positive chance...
MonthDouble chanceHalf anti-chance
110% possibility10% possibility
220% possibility55% possibility (looking better!)
340% possibility77.5% possibility
480% possibility88.75% possibility (marginally better than the alternate schema)
5160% certainty, and then some!94.375% possibility (still not happening for p>0.05)
6320% must have happened!!97.1875% possibility (but perhaps still not complete!)

Anyway, I calculate that if chances for next month are estimated at 50%, then I say perhaps 25-60% more chance for the month after that... ;)

Anyway.  When it happens, past experience tells us to expect a flurry of refined versions in the days and weeks to come.  And you'll get people crying "Enough with the new releases, already!" all over the forums!  You just know it'll happen.