Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: M.A.G.U.S. Project: On Hiatus Until ???  (Read 9896 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: M.A.G.U.S. Project: Solos, Shootouts, and Sandwiches
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2013, 10:26:34 pm »

Hmm, it appears everything is in order, I see that now I serve all of you. How about some refreshments for the trip?
Give some delicious food to my allies. If possible, put a barrier on myself. Get to the dock.
(Ronove aff: 1+2)
(Ronove aff: 4+2)

(Merc 1 aim: 6+1)
(Ronove agi: 5+1)
(Merc 1 aim: 1+1)
(Ronove end: 3-1+2)
(Barrier deflection: 6)
(Merc 1 end: 5)

Being the loyal butler that you are, you rummage through your serving cart until you find six perfectly ordinary grilled cheese sandwiches, and distribute these amongst your allies before erecting a barrier of pure repulsive force the size of a pool-table in front of you and walking towards the dock. As you approach the wooden structure, a troop of five guards armed with pistols walks out of a small shed on the dock. One of them notices you and alerts his friends before firing his weapon, but you merely chuckle as the shot bounces off of your barrier and pegs the man in the shoulder, forcing him to drop his weapon as his arm goes limp. The remaining guards take aim at you, but don't fire after seeing what happened to their friend.

"I don't know, man. This is sum CRAZY shit goin' on."

Murphy makes sure the reed on his instrument is wet, and strolls over to Dock, preferably while playing a bit of smooth jazz.

You put the sandwich from Ronove in your pocket before wetting your reed and following him to the dock, playing a bit of smooth jazz as you go along. Five guards walk out of a shed as you arrive, and one of them tries to shoot Ronove, who laughs as the bullet bounces off of some sort of invisible wall and gibs the man's shoulder. The four other guards see this and immediately raise their weapons, although they are careful to avoid shooting and ending up like their friend.

Time to start shredding, lets see what this baby can do!
Take aim at the nearest clump of trees, start wailing on the guitar and head banging to test my hair magic.
(Arnold aim: 2+1)
(Guitar burn: fail)
(Arnold aff: 6+2+1)

Turning towards the jungle, you begin to shred out an epic solo on your guitar, sending chunks of bark and leaves flying as visible waves of sound collide with the foliage. Several of the bits of debris catch fire as they fly through the air, although they don't seem hot enough to light the jungle on fire, for better or for worse. Continuing your solo, you try to exercise your new magical abilities by headbanging and focusing on your thrashing locks. Your hair immediately grows to nearly the length of a bus, before weaving itself into a massive fist above your head. As you continue to play, the fist slowly extends its index and pinkie fingers, in a symbol that is universally recognized as 'ROCK ON'! Ending your solo with a final burst of flaming sound, you notice something warm tucked into your waistband. Pulling this foreign object out, you find it to be... a grilled-cheese sandwich? Ronove shoots you a thumbs up from over by the dock, where a worried-looking group of men seem to have rifles trained on him and Murphy.

"Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!"

Chop at a random plant. Maybe eat some food. Determine how to use my kukuri as a short- or medium-ranged weapon.
(Jason str: 1+1+1)

Wolfing down the sandwich that Ronove hands you, you take a tip from Arnold and decide to murder a nearby palm tree with your new weapon. Standing about fifty feet away, you swing your kukuri at it, the blade passing through a small portal and popping out by the tree to make a decent-sized gash in it, without it ever leaving your hand.

thank you for the food good sir, well just let me test this here spell and well be off.
grab some food for later , attempt to hasten time around a nearby crab to see if its possible
(Rand aff: 3+2)

Taking your sandwich, you find a small crab scuttling in the sand and attempt to accelerate time around the tiny creature. It begins to scuttle many times faster, digging for food in the sand with claws that are almost too fast to see.

"...Right. Where are we even meant to go with this?"
Fire fire rats at the sand. If they burn, begin bloodshaping them together, if they don't, put them in small orbs of magical force and store them for later use.
(Yafnag aff: 4+2)

Taking your sandwich an placing it beneath your hat, you proceed to fire a volley of flaming rats at the sand in front of you. As the rodents scamper around and burn to death, you use your powers to gather their blood into a sphere about the size of a basketball. You're 99.9% sure that somewhere, a member of PETA is crying right now.

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2013, 10:34:57 pm »

Snipe the guards on the dock with my rifle then call down a bolt of lightning onto the survivors.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2013, 10:41:01 pm »

Oh that is an adorable little pistol you got there, but I can handle it. My boss put me on much harder job then handling you five bandits.
Boil their blood until we're all in heat. (Target as many as possible)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2013, 10:43:51 pm »

"Cool! Time for some 'work', I guess. Awesome!"

Find some kind of animal, ideally a large one. Make it big and dangerous, before tweaking its hormones and such to make it adrenaline-crazed and angry. Then move it over to the mercenary enemy people. Repeatedly use my kukuri on it if stuff fails at some stage after the "Make it big and dangerous" one.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2013, 11:06:54 pm »

"Hey, man, that ain't cool. We just want to play some funky music for your boss people."

Murphy blares a high G, trying to lift the Mercenary farthest to the right and toss it into the others. If that fails, just magic up a tree on top of him.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2013, 12:28:26 am »

Insert a highly compressed ball of pure magical force into the blood basketball and launch it at the enemy forces.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2013, 05:58:12 am »

Name: XxSnipezxX
Description : H4rdcore Sniper Super Spy
Stats:
Strength:-
Endurance:-
Aim:+
Affinity:+
Agility:-
Training::+ Computers
Weapon: Magic Rail Gun

Edit:Forgot elements and previous occupation.
Former occupation: 1337 Haxxorz or something.
Major: Thought
Minor: Lightning, Metal
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 07:38:59 am by Squill »
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2013, 06:08:11 am »

Sign me up good Sir Wwolin
Character sheet

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2013, 06:28:45 am »

Guns? Guns are metal. I'm the King of METAL!
Collapse the barrels of the guards pistols, rendering them useless.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: M.A.G.U.S. Project: No Kill Like Overkill
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2013, 05:53:48 pm »

Snipe the guards on the dock with my rifle then call down a bolt of lightning onto the survivors.
(Rand aim: 1+1+1)
(Merc 2 agi: 4)
(Merc 2 agi: 2)
(Rand aim: 5+1+1)
(Merc 2 end: 2)

(Rand aff: 6+2+2) I won't roll for merc endurance here, because the highest that they can get is a 6
(Rand aim: 4+1)
(Merc 1 agi: 6)
(Merc 3 agi: 3)
(Merc 4 agi: 3)
(Merc 5 agi: 6)

Putting your eye to the rifle's scope, you take aim at the second guard and pull the trigger. The shot seems to sail above his head, but he drops dead instantly as a second shot in the ethereal plane turns his head into a fine red mist. You then concentrate on the dock, causing a skyscraper sized blast of lightning to smash through the wooden structure, completely vaporizing two of the guards, leaving only the one that Ronove wounded and one more standing in the shallow water.

(Merc 5 aim: 5)
(Rand agi: 2+2)
(Merc 5 aim: 1)
(Rand end: 1-1)

Recovering quickly from your attack, the mercenary who still has his gun takes a shot at you, burying a bullet in your left thigh. It's not enough to knock you down, but it hurts like a bitch when you put any weight on that leg.

Oh that is an adorable little pistol you got there, but I can handle it. My boss put me on much harder job then handling you five bandits.
Boil their blood until we're all in heat. (Target as many as possible)
(Ronove aff: 4+2)
(Merc 1 end: 2)

(Ronove aim: 2+1)
(Merc 5 agi: 4)

As you focus your power, the merc that you wounded earlier screams in pain as his super-heated blood melts him from the inside out until all that's left of him is a cloud of reddish steam and a fatty residue floating atop the water. Not wanting to let this blood go to waste, you try to suffocate the remaining guard with the cloud, but he dodges out of the way as the blood cools and drops into the water.

"Cool! Time for some 'work', I guess. Awesome!"

Find some kind of animal, ideally a large one. Make it big and dangerous, before tweaking its hormones and such to make it adrenaline-crazed and angry. Then move it over to the mercenary enemy people. Repeatedly use my kukuri on it if stuff fails at some stage after the "Make it big and dangerous" one.
(Jason aff: 5+2) Embiggening the animal
(Jason aff: 3+2) Controlling the animal
(Jason aff: 6) Hormones

(Giant Gull aim: 5)
(Merc 5 agi: 4)
(Giant Gull str: 4+4)
(Merc 5 end: 3)

You can't find any large animals on this beach, but you can make some! Spotting a gull flying overhead, you enlarge it to the size of a small plane before compelling it to circle above the remaining guard and pumping it full of adrenaline to send it into sort of a berserker rage. The bird swoops down and snatches up the terrified guard in its talons, ripping him in half before looking for a new target to vent its avian anger on.

"Hey, man, that ain't cool. We just want to play some funky music for your boss people."

Murphy blares a high G, trying to lift the Mercenary farthest to the right and toss it into the others. If that fails, just magic up a tree on top of him.

Well, all of the mercenaries are dead... Might wanna do something about big bird over there though.

Insert a highly compressed ball of pure magical force into the blood basketball and launch it at the enemy forces.
(Yafnag aff: 6+2+2)
(Yafnag aim: 4)
(Giant Gull agi: 1+2)
(Giant Gull end: 5-2)

You pump the blood ball with so much magic that it completely crystallizes, before launching it towards the giant angry seagull. As the sphere collides with the bird, the animal is completely drained of blood, and both it and the crystal ball fall into the shallow water. The ball seems to have been filled with some sort of energy after killing the seagull, as it leaves behind a tail of blood-red light as the waves push it about.

Guns? Guns are metal. I'm the King of METAL!
Collapse the barrels of the guards pistols, rendering them useless.
(Arnold aff: 1+1)

Try as you might, you can't get the pistols to even so much as budge. Fortunately, the guards who were carrying them are too dead to care.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2013, 06:06:30 pm »

Acquire ORB. Examine ORB thoroughly. Consume sandwich. Three turns in and I've already got a soul sphere, get on my level you apprentices

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2013, 07:33:51 pm »

Make more delicious "Meat" sandwiches. I hope they don't notice the guards crotch areas missing.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2013, 08:13:29 pm »

Dude... you could have just butchered the seagull

loot the guards of any non firearm valuables and try to find a large bag or sack.
Eat magical cheese sandwich and attempt to enlarge the space within the bag to create a bag of holding.
Follow the group with extirpation rifle at the ready.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2013, 09:01:30 pm »

Murphy gives a deep sigh. He was getting too old for this shit. He conjures up a rolling office chair and sits down. Maybe he could do something to augment it...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 10:29:27 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2013, 09:15:37 pm »

Murphy tries a low D this time, trying to send the Gull crashing into the sea. If that plain fails, just create a couch to sit down on for a second, before throwing it at the bird.
((The gull has already crashed into the sea, after being completely drained of blood, courtesy of Yafnag))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5