Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 66

Author Topic: The revolutionary design bureau, under new management  (Read 61627 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The revolutionary design bureau, under new management
« Reply #735 on: May 12, 2013, 01:51:08 am »

I'll point out that I is partly redundant, as we already stopped producing Mosin-Nagants, and I think it was assumed that the guns already have the improved sights(if not, please correct me Nadaka). I'll support the SMG name though

I Vote for I, J, K, and 7

Also, I'll have to point out your "Medium" tank has almost quadruple the armor of our current heavy tank!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 12, 2013, 01:57:09 am »

RAM, stop gaming the system like that. It's not funny anymore .

Tryrar, Your 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4 are almost as bad. If that will be allowed I'll stuff 20 sub-proposals like that in 2 my proposals, Also, please, don't, overflood production proposals with minor tactical stuff... Strategical suggestion like war declarations is one thing, but that's clearly not our duty to decide convoy policies, also H is clearly a design suggestion

Tarcius, why create more confusion to GM and coplayers and not use numbers? It's easy to get confused by words here.

Subproposals
1.1 Develop new 115mm howitzer optimized to be towed by or even installed into Cricket car. Try to reduce weight of the gun. Also, no additional armor for self proppeled version if one to be created, because self propelled howitzers shouldn't get any close to enemy lines and needs only anti shrapnel  and no top armor (160mm is just too big jump from 80mm and it is old, thus bad)

A.2 Ramp K-1 tanks production to boost our anti-tank abilities and Cricket cars too boost mobility. Battlebus production is normal as it is. Do suggest to move from 2 petrol engines to one diesel

C.2 Suggest to cease production of Righteous boats and use that shipyard to build new subs
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: May 12, 2013, 02:04:33 am »

...I WAS probably reaching on that with H. Also, I've decided to forgo an SPG for now in favor of improving sonar. How do you guys think I should change the proposals(new numbers, simply modding the post, or something else)?

Never mind, UR has come up with a counter-proposal I like better than good sonar.

Speaking of which, I vote for 1.1
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 02:08:24 am by tryrar »
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: May 12, 2013, 02:22:43 am »

4.2 Develop a full metal fighter using our new single engine. Arm it with 2 14mm machineguns Concentrate on dogfiting abilities

2.1 As 2 but hire four  new electronic engineers for the project as it is a top priority

8. Develop a fixed 80mm dedicated AA gun. Build them as soon as they are ready

9. Design 4engined heavy bomber with 2 defensive machine-gun  turrets
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: May 12, 2013, 02:27:14 am »

RAM, stop gaming the system like that. It's not funny anymore .

Tryrar, Your 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4 are almost as bad. If that will be allowed I'll stuff 20 sub-proposals like that in 2 my proposals, Also, please, don't, overflood production proposals with minor tactical stuff... Strategical suggestion like war declarations is one thing, but that's clearly not our duty to decide convoy policies, also H is clearly a design suggestion

IIRC, only 1 subproposal can be voted on. At least in this case, that should be the case.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 12, 2013, 02:29:12 am »

I was going for something like the B-25 Mitchell, but that might be a bit of a stretch.

So, I vote for 4.2

8.1)Ensure the cannons are High velocity variants
9.1)Instead, go for a 2-engined medium bomber with 2 light defensive machine gun turrets

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: May 12, 2013, 02:52:43 am »

I suggest to use Greek alphabet for strategy suggestions

ALPHA Warplan
Suggest our government to surprise attack Capia with such a general doctrine

----Surprise attack at their largest naval base with majority of our airforce, our fleet of torpedo boats and new subs should they be ready.  (Proper declaration of war will kill us, declare it AFTER ATTACK)

---- Use our advantage in mobility to encircle and destroy Capian land forces, add paratroopers, gilders or even landed airships to speed up the encirclement (hope that our airships will be able to do that while guarded by Zephyrs from enemy older biplanes ) Our Wolverines and Zephyrs can drop supplies, too

---- Extensively use our Wolverines to bomb enemy artillery positions and airfields

----- Navy to avoid big fights, requseting air support when needed and

and of cause

L: Our own workers Produce many airships, gilders, parachutes, SMGs, grenades, handheld AT-weapons, to arm the airborne forces we are about to create
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 02:56:37 am by Ukrainian Ranger »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 12, 2013, 02:58:11 am »

I Propose we get 1 chemist(development of improved explosives/rocket fuel/ poison gas/ whatever), 2 electronic engineers, an 1 aerospaceengineer

10. Finish the carrier airship. If still possible, add some machine gun turrets to the cabin, as a form of token defense.

11. Commence design of our largest artillery piece yet. 160 mm caliber, with a 150 meters long barrel. Rather than using on single explosive to launch the warhead, this using many smaller charges detonated as the shells pass by. This boost the muzzle velocity, and hence the range significantly. It should allow us to start bombarding Moldavian cities. (Range of 160 km, or more. Should work, right?) Drawbacks are that they need to be constructed in their own bunker, or on a small hill.

M) Propose to call the Small airship "People's Eye" and the Carrier "People's guardian"
N) Propose to paint all airships in the colours of our flag. Good for morale, and it's not like we're going to be stealthy anyway. Ensure that the paint is not flammable

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 03:46:50 am by 10ebbor10 »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 12, 2013, 03:16:50 am »

I agree to 10ebbor's engineer suggestions

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: May 12, 2013, 03:19:45 am »

4.3: The same aircraft as 4, but with an enclosed cockpit and a small oxygen tank with a strapped breathing-mask.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 12, 2013, 03:53:13 am »

O. Expand capacity of airship hangars if needed.
P. Improve our brick office

Votes:
-My engineering distribution
-Design: 2, 4.2, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11.
-Production: A.2, B, C.2, E, F, G, I, J, K, L, M, N, O.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 04:25:59 am by 10ebbor10 »

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 12, 2013, 05:09:47 am »

All right, for my votes and corrections:
I vote for: Engineers as UR (4 electronics), 1.1, 2 and 7
I'm going to advise very strongly against point 11 (fixed 160mm artillery gun of 150m length): Even if it does work, it's only good to bombard a single target. We've still got hopes to win the war...

Subproposal 4.2.1: Add the capacity to mount bombs and/or rockets under the wings When not mounted, we do not lose much, but they can provide additional air support when mounted. Additionally, that may let us mount additional weapons under the wings, later.
I vote for: A.2, J, K, P
Proposal Q: Cease production of the Wolverine and Feather, produce Zephyrs instead until the next Fighter is finished. Better fighter than the Feather, better bomber than the Wolverine.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Corrected for p
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 05:17:03 am by 3_14159 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 12, 2013, 05:13:17 am »

We got proposal P doubled.

Also, those long cannons are moveable. They're not made of a single piece. (Though yes, you'd need a new bunker every time.)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 12, 2013, 07:09:55 am »

i vote for:
Designs: 4.2
Production: A,A-1,L,H
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: May 12, 2013, 08:18:06 am »

12, Begin work on creating an infantry grenade launcher, it should contain 8 grenades at once cycling a new one in after each shot, make this manual if required. (( Simple but a huge impact on warfare in fortified positions, being able to bombard positions at close range will be a massive help to our infantry as well as being a lot easier then carrying along mortars. ))

13, Design an external fuel pod for aircraft that can be dropped when required and that detonates on impact with the ground to set fuel on fire.
(( Extended air time for our units is good, allows longer ranged bombing without needing new bigger aircraft and if needs be grants them an incendiary bomb to use as well, setting the deck of a ship on fire is a good thing.
Also means our fighters can avoid using up there main fuel until they engage directly so they have a longer fight time. ))
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 04:17:29 pm by Brood »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 66