Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 66

Author Topic: The revolutionary design bureau, under new management  (Read 61739 times)

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The revolutionary design bureau, under new management
« Reply #570 on: May 07, 2013, 12:30:13 pm »

(( Meh size wise it's big but not impossible to use from a plane, but I'll look into modifying it to an aircraft weapon in future and leave it as bombs for now.
It's still faster then any other bomber by a fair bit and more agile so it'll have it's uses as well as doubleing as fighter support if needs be. ))
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 12:34:13 pm by Brood »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 07, 2013, 12:34:58 pm »

(( Meh size wise it's big but not impossible to use from a plane, but I'll look into modifying it to an aircraft weapon in future and leave it as bombs for now, either way it's useful to have some armed with bombs for an initial bombardment before they engage enemy fighters. ))
It is for other reasons though.

-The ignition is wrong
-Internal weight distribution is wrong
-Guidance fins are wrong
-Burning time is most likely too long
-Most importantly, the thrust distribution doesn't match.

A ground fired artillery rocket has a strong burst at first (launch costs most energy) and then slows down to enter a parabolic trajectory
An air fired rocket starts very slowly (don't want to damage wings or other missiles) then speeds up rapidly.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 07, 2013, 12:38:37 pm »

Well it doesn't actually specify any of that design on the final version so we can't tell for sure but I'll just go with your idea and bombs it is, the main point is just to dedicate half of them to bombing/ground support since we're likely going to need it soon and I wanna see how they perform so I can see what needs to be worked on.

My main job for now only requires 5-6 engineers total, just non lethal grenades and suppressors to give the special forces a more subtle option in future.
Minor work but a very big impact.

Right now our special forces are mostly limited to quick attacks and playing infantry because the moment they engage they get discovered, once they have suppressors and non lethal then they can do a lot more.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 12:41:21 pm by Brood »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 07, 2013, 12:45:55 pm »

Yup, just guessing too. But 1 km range seems to be a bit much for an airfired rocket, so I'm assuming it's an artillery rocket.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 07, 2013, 12:49:37 pm »

Hmmm, yea your probably right. Well it's a start I'll work on modifying them into aircraft rockets later.
For now I wanna sort out the special forces, I have plans for them so need job after Suppressors and non lethal grenades it's body armor and helmets in camo colors.

Which reminds me your gliders have another use, good way to silently deploy special forces.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 12:52:05 pm by Brood »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 07, 2013, 12:51:47 pm »

Don't forget to vote for the gliders/ Directed explosives. Germans used these in conjunction with specials fortresses to great effectiveness against several fortresses.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 07, 2013, 12:53:53 pm »

I did, both will have uses though I'd prefer C4 or some version of it, don't forget to vote for suppressors and non lethal.

Can't sabotage properly if your blown the moment you fire a shot.

Btw did we ever complete radios?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 01:00:34 pm by Brood »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 07, 2013, 01:06:38 pm »

I think we did.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 07, 2013, 01:07:50 pm »

Have some people working on creating lightweight, fairly long range gliders. Supply hooks and ropes, so that they can be towed/ dropped from airships

Attempt to directional explosives/warheads for use against armored structures, vehicles, and the like

11, Begin designing a suppressor for assault rifles, submachineguns, sniper rifles and pistols.
12, Begin designing flash grenades and stun grenades.

Production.
A.1, Put all our production into new mono fighters, half carrying bombs and half with only guns\K-1s, heavy APCs. Shipyards and the like can wait.
C, Suggest special forces be expanded to 1000 men minamum recruiting from veterans.

Voting +1 to all of the above, special forces is something I can get behind.

13, Design bulletproof vests and helmets in night camo colors. Priority to good protection without restricting movement.
14, Design an infantry portable anti armor weapon, light weight with a reasonably high yield explosive tipped rocket.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 08:38:55 pm by mesor »

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 07, 2013, 01:09:29 pm »

13, Design bulletproof vests and helmets in night camo colors. Priority to good protection without restricting movement.
14, Design an infantry portable anti armor weapon, light weight with a reasonably high yield explosive tipped rocket.

+1. Vote.

Nice, gonna need to make a better version of them soon, the smaller the better for special forces to communicate in the field without carrying a radio the size of a backpack each.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 08:40:17 pm by Brood »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 07, 2013, 01:14:58 pm »

Short range walky talky thingies?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 07, 2013, 01:19:52 pm »

Just a reminder, votes are meant to be in bold and have the word vote in them, as depicted in the first post of this thread.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 07, 2013, 01:23:31 pm »

Or ear pieces, but a little more then short range, like a 10-15 miles range so they can spread out through a city or a large fortified area and still co-ordinate, maybe with 1-2 men carrying bigger radios to give the signals the range.

Sorry totally forgot about that RAM thanks.

If anybody wants to design a set of infantry small light weight radios that'd be good :P.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 01:29:51 pm by Brood »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 07, 2013, 01:24:50 pm »

+1 vote to everything above, you guys haven't proposed anything I don't object to(any I mean everyone above, I just don't feel like putting in a big quote pyramid of suggestions I agree to)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 07, 2013, 02:05:12 pm »

If I might, I'd like to offer some criticism, most relating to the fact that we haven't had a turn yet and the concentration on special forces, but also to several proposals, mostly due to the fact that they, at least from my point of view, simply are not possible to be done with our current materials and technology:

11, Begin designing a suppressor for assault rifles, submachineguns, sniper rifles and pistols.
We do not have an assault rifle, nor an SMG. Even if, that usually requires other things like subsonic ammunition to actually use them efficiently. Pistols, yes (see the Welrod, for example). The rest? Probably not.

12, Begin designing flash grenades and stun grenades.
We do not even have reliable grenades. Even if, at least in real life the grenade was developed in the 60s. I do not know whether that's due to material advancements or noone thinking about it.

13, Design light and heavy bulletproof vests and helmets in camo night camo colors.
Again, tech. Kevlar was not even discovered until the 1960s (and with that, I'm really sure that it's a materials problem). WW2 was restricted mostly to shrapnel protection, with a few very heavy vests against smaller calibres.

Sorry if I seem overly critical, but if you want to help our Special Forces and normal infantry at the same time, develop a good SMG for urban battles, give the Patriotism to a good percentage of them for integration in squads or develop hand grenades.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 66