Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 66

Author Topic: The revolutionary design bureau, under new management  (Read 61732 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The revolutionary design bureau, under new management
« Reply #345 on: May 05, 2013, 08:23:00 am »

For clarity so we know what's up:

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 05, 2013, 08:36:12 am »

-this was remove by request-
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 01:51:02 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 05, 2013, 08:41:16 am »

Only friends, I didn't meet him until a few months ago.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 12:57:04 pm by Brood »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 05, 2013, 08:46:41 am »

-Remove by request-
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 01:51:33 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 05, 2013, 08:48:55 am »

Mesor bugs the heck outta me at times but he's a good enough guy beyond the annoying way he behaves when something makes no sense to him.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 12:57:29 pm by Brood »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 05, 2013, 10:07:32 am »

18)work on building some kind of chest armor for assault infantry use.

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 05, 2013, 10:13:40 am »

18)work on building some kind of chest armor for assault infantry use.

+1 makes a lot of sense.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 05, 2013, 10:47:27 am »

((reposting this, now properly formatted:))

On the subject of the heavy tank (i think we were calling it the K-1?):

19) Test out the suspensions, drive train and engines. Make sure they run well. Ideally try to make sure ware is either reduced to a minimum or eliminated in all meaningful ways.

19.1) Then start work on the turret. ideally I'd personally want the turret to be a 3 man turret with ample extra room, to cater for more ammo when using a 40mm gun and more room for a larger gun when needed.

I mocked up what i would like the turret to look like. It is currently 'fitted' with a 110mm cannon:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On the hatch at the top which hasn't got slanted protection (the commanders hatch) there should be an MG attached for the commander to use when out the hatch.

19.2) Also, i think we should really think about converting the engines to diesel, as well as tuning them up so they are more powerful. Ideally I'd want 2 10 cylinder 300Kw engines, but made as light as possible without losing power or causing unnecessary wear and stress on the vehicle.

19.3) The armour for the Hull should be 50mm front, 40mm sides and rear. Armour for the turret should be 80mm front, 60mm sides and rear. This shouldn't be a problem with a powered turret and two powerful diesel engines.

19.4) Design and build a 110mm high velocity cannon as well as a low velocity variant (both could have a variety of uses, and could also be used as the cannon on a field artillery Self Propelled Gun (SPG) or half-track.)

20) A possible Hydra upgrade: instead of quad MG's, quad 40mm auto-cannons. Mix both types together on a single platform (like a ship) and we could have unparalleled AA coverage.

Just my 2 cents (not proposals as such):

As for an APC: I support a modified version of the Badger. However, keep the Armour the same as the MK1 Medium tank and the 40mm turret and cannon, but up the engines to the two used in the MK2. Add in the firing slots and enough room to fit 8 men and we're done.

A Self Propelled artillery version of the MK2 badger should be built too, furthering what Brood said earlier but not on a halftrack base. Not sure what gun we should use, although if we do build it the gun could be the current 80mm cannon or maybe up it to a possible 110mm or maybe even a higher gun, such as the 160mm.

Moving on to planes, i support the previous notion that we should at least start looking into monoplanes and maybe looking into early jet engines (the first jet engines were designed by a British fighter pilot in 1926 parallel to the efforts of a German scientist in the same year).

Finally, i support the continued work on the Alexi, as well as any variants we come up with.

I also support efforts to curb submarine action, increased and improved ship armour, new types of ship armour and also anti sub weapons such as depth charges, porcupine launchers etc.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 11:01:09 am by kahn1234 »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 05, 2013, 11:14:21 am »

One more thing: Reposting my previous suggestion to get a small-arms factory up and running for all the new designs we have.

21)Either build ourselves or get the government to build a small-arms factory tooled for all our new designs so as to re-equip our army
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 05, 2013, 11:25:10 am »

19.3 counter if where after more power then we should try to couple 2 of our 8 cylinder flat engines to make a 16 cylinder X engine.
try to stacking threm as well a H engine is nearly as good as an X
if it is a successes then it should save Weight vs using 2 8 cylinder flat engines.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 11:29:52 am by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 05, 2013, 11:55:09 am »

scapheap, nope I am UR only here

I can't even express how much I dislike that heavy armor\heavy artillery focus... That will bite us in the ass very soon. But hell, that will make funny story

Projects like 20 forces  me to remember various Hitler's projects

Still hope for more votes to navy\airforce related projects, more votes = more engineers on what we need NOW

And proposal
Design light 40mm mortar and don't forget to make shrapnel and smoke ammo for it

(bit short ranged, but have it's uses in trench warfare. )[/b]

Also vote for 21
Our poor infantry needs to get ready for Guerrilla warfare...
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 05, 2013, 12:04:12 pm »

I can't even express how much I dislike that heavy armor\heavy artillery focus... That will bite us in the ass very soon. But hell, that will make funny story
Yup. We'll probably be outmaneuvered, and then obliterated.

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 05, 2013, 12:04:56 pm »

All right. The MAC turned out even better than I hoped.
Now, however, I'm trying to add an analysis of our current situation, and designs for them.
A) Land
We are currently victorious on land, with our attached enemies defeated. New designs are pouring out, and we are probably quite a bit further advanced than the others. Only thing that seems to lack, for me, would be a squad-carried light machine gun, but the Patriotism Mk 3 should prove sufficient.
Vote for 8.1 and 8, however.
B) Navy
Navy looks the other way around. We possess no big navy, and the enemy can field submarines. Our primary field. Proposals 10 and 11 deal with the submarines. I therefore vote for both 11 and 12. Additionally,
Proposal 10.1) Design a modification for the PT boat to drop depth charges, turning it into a coastal patrol boat.
Additionally, we need to build up our navy. The Alexi should provide good anti-ship and anti-coastal fire power. Therefore:
Proposal 22) Produce more Alexis.
Additionally, we need something to actually land our forces at the enemies shore, if we want to defeat them. And you want to defeat them, comrade, don't you? [Damn it, just read that the PT boat can actually land troops now, too.]
Proposal 23) Design an Armor Landing Vehicle.
And, if we are responsible for that:
Proposal 24) Repurpose a merchant man or custom-build a ship for transporting huge numbers of infantry and/or vehicles and several landing crafts.

C) Airforce
We need more and better designs for aircrafts. What we currently need is a fighter ( Vote for Proposal 1), something for close air support, and possibly a bomber. Anti-Naval aircraft, see above.
Proposal 1.2: Try adding a mount for bombs on the fighter design. That should suffice for the moment.

D) Logistics
Professionals study, and so forth.
Proposal 25: Design a lorry to carry all of our equipment. Focus on cheapness and reliability.
Proposal 26: Design a freight aircraft. Able to carry about 20 passengers on foldable banks or freight when not in use.
Proposal 27: Design a Jeep-similar vehicle: Place for four, rough terrain, quick, reliable
E) Other
Partly investigation in 'wonder weapons', partly the opposite.
Proposal 28: Design a short-range radio to be mounted in the Badgers and MAC vehicles.
Proposal 29: Design a small rocket of about 50kg with a small warhead.
The rocket is thought to allow our planes a ground attack and possibly for infantry use. Please note, I DO NOT want any guided weapons. What I want is basically a small artillery shell, followed by a rocket motor. This is both a program to provide a multipurpose weapon and a proving ground for unguided rockes.
Proposal 30: Investigate in Radar, possibly providing a model to use for ships.
Again, for use as both a prototype and to find those u-boats better. Plus, could later be used for a myriad of applications.
Spoiler: List (click to show/hide)
Phew.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 05, 2013, 12:30:29 pm »

30 proposals not counting subs... insane

3_14159, I like your close to real world approach but will not vote this turn to not overstretch our efforts
Also, I know that in modern warfare line between attack and defense is thin, yours vision looks too attack minded as you expect to conduct blitzkriegs

Also don't call 19 KV-1, that is  an insult for that design :D
It is T-55! (with thiner but way more sloped armor ( T-55 has only one slope - frontal plate. + rounded, not sloped, turret) ,  more powerful gun and  more powerful engine)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 12:34:28 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 05, 2013, 12:50:35 pm »

1.Single wing plane
   1.1: Double Engined  Single Wing Heavy fighter.
2.Double ship hulls
    1) Alternative anti torpedo defense options
4) Acoustic submarine detection system
     4.1) Or whatever other detection systems we can come up with.
6.) Tank diesel engine
10) Depth charges
    10.1) Simple charges that can be dropped by planes and boats.
11) Airship Bomber
13) 40 mm manportable artillery
14) SPIA mobile artillery
17) 40mm AT gun
18) Infantry Armor
19) KV-1
21) Small-Arms factory
24) Transport ship
25) Lorry
26) Freight Aircraft
27) Jeep
28) Radio
30) Radar

I support these especially the Small-Arms factory, Radio, and Body armor.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 66