Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 66

Author Topic: The revolutionary design bureau, under new management  (Read 61590 times)

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The revolutionary design bureau, under new management
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2013, 06:36:35 am »

I propose a 500 ton patrol/torpedo boat. On the front is one of our 40mm cannons,  mounted in a fashion that allows direct fire. It is supplemented by two Patriotism machine guns, mounted on either side. Next is mine laying equipment on the back and two torpedo tubes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2013, 06:40:48 am »

I propose a 500 ton patrol/torpedo boat. On the front is one of our 40mm cannons,  mounted in a fashion that allows direct fire. It is supplemented by two Patriotism machine guns, mounted on either side. Next is mine laying equipment on the back and two torpedo tubes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

eh, might as well, though this might be pushing what our engineers can do in one turn...
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2013, 07:05:40 am »

If where to have a shotgun then why not have a Pump-action shotgun,there cheap,reliable, idiot proof and top it all off the odds are we can buy them in due to there the fact there sporting guns.

We should pick the most accurate Mosin-Nagants and fit them with scopes for sniper use.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2013, 10:34:06 am »

If where to have a shotgun then why not have a Pump-action shotgun,there cheap,reliable, idiot proof and top it all off the odds are we can buy them in due to there the fact there sporting guns.

We should pick the most accurate Mosin-Nagants and fit them with scopes for sniper use.
+1
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2013, 05:05:59 pm »

I say we get unsually reliable for the machine gun.

I support the SVA-10 semi-auto(which was what i meant for the pidtol, forgot what it was called)

Refine the grenade design more before testing, we don't want dead engineers.

Lets design a shotgun for when fighting gets to close quarters. 12-gauge pump-action with a 4 shell capacity. Light enough to keep mobile when assualting buildings, trenches, bunkers, etc. 4 round to help lighten the weapon and 12-gauge as it seems to be a standard for shotties.

Maybe develop a decent ranged scope for our rifles. Nothing too fancy yet but its nice to have snipers.
I propose we have 3 different infantry types for now.
First: 65% of our foot soldiers as basic infantry with rifles and pistols. 1-2 grenades when we have a reliable design.
Second: 25% of our foot soldiers as assualt troops with a shotgun and pistol with 3-4 grenades.
Third: 10% of our foot soldiers as Snipers with scoped rifles and a pistol. no grenades to allow for more ammo.

Anyone objections to my infantry organization? Also, continue getting rid of rubble, and i support designing the badger, and rebuilding the shipyard.

I also think we need to organise (or at least recommend to the military) 10 man infantry sections which have 2 squad support soldiers with LMG's (when we have a working one). 3 of these sections makes a platoon. A platoon has 1 mortar and 2 MG's (when we have working weapons that fit these roles).

Also, i would suggest we eventually replace the Nagant with the SVA-10, so long as the SVA-10 is also long range, accurate and powerful.

I propose a squad automatic weapon based on these specs:

Weight: 22.83 lb (10.35 kg) (25lb-11.25 kg loaded)

Length: 42.9 in (1,156 mm)

Barrel length:25 in (635 mm)

Crew: 1

Cartridge: Same as Mosin Nagant

Action: Gas-operated, tilting bolt

Rate of fire:    500–520 rounds/min

Muzzle velocity: 2440 ft/s (743.7 m/s)

Effective range: 600 yd (550 m)

Maximum range: 1850 yd

Feed system: 50 round box magazine or 100-round detachable pan magazine

Sights: Iron
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 05:14:38 pm by kahn1234 »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2013, 05:28:03 pm »

Let's reign this in a little...

-We could make Mosin-Nagant snipers, but the bolt currently prevents fitting a scope. Currently they all have post sights, just changing to modern sights would be a paradigm shift.

-We already have a squad automatic weapon. And if we're building a new one, how are we going to plan on it being 11.35 kilograms and have an effective range of 600 yards ahead of time?

-We don't even know if we're in charge of how our troops are deployed.

This year let's design the tank, manufacture machineguns and repair buildings, including out docks.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2013, 05:32:33 pm »

This year let's design the tank, manufacture machineguns and repair buildings, including out docks.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2013, 05:39:13 pm »

+1

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2013, 05:45:24 pm »

Come next turn can I suggest an APC/Light tank?

An APC capable of carrying 16 men with gunslits down both sides for troops inside to fire out without being exposed, it also has a light tank cannon on top with a heavy machinegun mounted on top of that on a rotation platform to allow it to be turned seperate from the light gun.

So you get an armored personnel carriers protection, the ability for 16 men to fight off far superior numbers of enemy infantry, a light cannon for buildings and enemy armor and it's fast and mobile enough to respond quickly to enemy attacks on the border to slow enemies down or fix them in place while additional forces are moved into position.

It'd also work great for rapid transport during battles, light infantry support/tank support and if you get behind enemy armor it's cannon could likely do some damage to them as well or at least disable the tracks on it to stop it advancing.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 05:54:15 pm by Brood »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2013, 06:23:11 pm »

next year we should start on the Badger Light tank as it will be a harder to build and take longer to get right.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2013, 06:29:30 pm »

Ideally I want to keep it's cannon, we could place a single MG on top and place one on the passenger side front seat so we don't remove it's anti vehicle capability.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2013, 06:40:33 pm »

I propose a squad automatic weapon based on these specs:

Weight: 22.83 lb (10.35 kg) (25lb-11.25 kg loaded)
[snip]

I see what you did there.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2013, 07:04:39 pm »

Ideally I want to keep it's cannon, we could place a single MG on top and place one on the passenger side front seat so we don't remove it's anti vehicle capability.

im not sure how much space the main cannon will take up.
i planed to have both the troop transport and the cannon Badger, act as a unit so as to have infantry cover for the tanks.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2013, 07:11:36 pm »

Well, let's see if it works with keeping the cannon, 1 model is easier to design and build then 2 so if it's possible to do it all in 1 it'd work out better.

Otherwise then sure we can split into an anty infantry APC and the light tank.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2013, 09:45:05 pm »

Assembling an update. Will post shortly
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 66