Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 66

Author Topic: The revolutionary design bureau, under new management  (Read 61585 times)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Re: The revolutionary design bureau, under new management
« Reply #900 on: May 19, 2013, 06:50:05 pm »

We need to build more subs with some improvements, and work on more effective naval defenses, so I propose this

Submarine Net, a steel mesh held down by large metal poles that will keep submerged submarines from entering or firing torpedos into a harbor. surface ships should be able to safely pass on top with out being tangled.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 07:04:42 pm by stabbymcstabstab »
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: May 19, 2013, 06:54:52 pm »

(( Use the OOC thread mate. ))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: May 19, 2013, 07:29:56 pm »

Proposal 3: Updated

T-2 Ratel:
Restart the new tank program, with new specifications. The armour is to be 70mm on the front, 50mm on the sidesand 40mm on the rear, all sloped at 45 degrees. The hull's top and bottom are to be armoured at 20mm thick. It's turret is to be designed around the new 78mm gun and should be able to hold the gunner, loader and commander comfortably. Two Patriotism Mk2 guns are to be mounted on the tank, one mounted in the hull, and the other mounted ontop of the commander's hatch. The tank is designed to have a radio built into the hull, in order to allow co-ordination between tanks and HQ, though this ups the number of personnel required for the crew to five men. It should be built with the new 900Kw engine, and utilize a new torsion-bar suspension system

The new tank is to be designated the T-2 Ratel (In keeping with the naming convention we have with the tanks as various Mustelidae.).

Proposal 1: Redesign the Lightning to use eight GVS-14s in a four gun per wing configuration. The fighter will no doubt be slower, but it will be able to take down the Morovian twin-engine fighters much more easily.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: May 19, 2013, 07:38:50 pm »

Proposal A3, continue work on the 120mm cannon. Using as many experienced and veteran engineers as possible. (( Need this completed to get a new heavier class of ship into production. ))

Proposal 3, take the Arguement RPG and modify it again, change it's explosive to a high yield directional charge designed to penetrate heavy tank armor. Increase it's size if required but do not exceed infantry size. Use 1 explosive engineer for sure then any other experienced engineers possible.

Tactical suggestion, suggest that the goverment begin placing Lightning forces in the air at all times in large enough numbers to match the enemies largest attacks to date to allow instant reaction to detected enemies, they should also deploy alert fighters to provide a secondary defensive wave to reinforce the first in combat.

Proposal A, Suggest 2 more 8000 ton naval yards both outfitted for production not repair, and modify the newest 8000 ton yard for production as well.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 06:01:22 am by Brood »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: May 19, 2013, 08:13:42 pm »

5, Devote as many aviation engineers as possible to developing a system to allow our planes to match or exceed the enemies operation ceiling.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: May 19, 2013, 10:20:37 pm »

6: Continue all uncompleted design projects from last year that do not have updated proposals voted in this year.

7: Create a design named Courage. Base it upon the patriotism machine gun but develop it such that it can be assembled and maintained by independent groups that do not have access to industrial facilities.

8: Produce a naval gun based upon the Cod C gun.

B: Build an additional Lightning factory.

C: build a complex to produce 1 type B Cod and 1 type C Cod each month.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: May 20, 2013, 01:04:26 am »

(If others will renumber I'll renumber it too. But I think it's too late )

Finish aviation engine and design modification Lightning MK2 interceptors. Request several experienced pilots from the front to aid the task. Improve handling, fix most common flaws, improve aerodynamics, add 8 8mm machineguns to the wings, bringing total armament to 2 14mm and 8 8mm guns, thus having a punch of 14mm for resistant target, and a wall of fire for strafing\dogfighting
Try to design in a way that will allow easy retooling 

8 14mm guns are just too heavy for a  fighter. Also adding guns without other improvements is just asking for trouble
Designing new fighters is a long process and requires much more time to launch into production

D: Retool zephyr factories to producing transports and helicopters. It's machine gun factories to go to new lightnings. 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 01:07:43 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: May 20, 2013, 01:07:24 am »

List creation in progress. Please stay tuned. Also please don't post any more designs for a moment, going to try do some numbering.

5, Devote as many aviation engineers as possible to developing a system to allow our planes to match or exceed the enemies operation ceiling.
((Jet engines, rocket engines, and oxygen/lifesupport/closed planes))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: May 20, 2013, 01:32:44 am »

Spoiler: Old projects (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: New projects (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Production Proposals (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 01:35:56 am by 10ebbor10 »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: May 20, 2013, 01:39:41 am »

(using 10ebbor10s numbering)

7. Design tank destroyer based on Badger chassis, little more than mobile AT gun. Simple, cheap conversion

E. Construct some 78mm AT guns either for fixed variant or for 7. Petition government to stop producing Badgers and use all it's chassis for the TD. Also, suggest to use whatever repairable enemy tanks (and our damaged but not destroyed badgers) to be rebuilt as tank destroyers.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: May 20, 2013, 01:57:34 am »

8.Vengeance class submarine. A massive 1000 ton submarine. Includes 10 double length torpedo launchers, a small amount of electrical shaped charge torpedoes, plenty of upgraded conventional torpedoes, plenty of engine power (both electrical and the new tank engines), enough armor, and a small frigate worth of deck weaponry. Also, some special new features including a snort, basic chemical lifesupport and the capability to dive far lower.

9. Multiple Rocket launcher. Low cost launching installation designed to launch more than 20 rockets in a short period of time. Installable on the back of a truck, or wherever you want it.

10. New rocket design. Aim for a cheap rocket that can get a decent warhead a decent range away. Launch succes is a higher priority than accuracy.

11.If needed, designing of the new torpedoes for the above submarine. 1 electrical torpedo, preferably fast and longranged. Fairly small warhead, but a shaped charge ensures it can penetrate most armors. 1 larger version of the standard torpedo, also fast and longranged, but with a much larger warhead.

F. Petition the governement to double our submarine Yard's size/ construct a new one. Ideally, we want to have them produce 20 normal submarines, and 2 of the new, larger ones.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 02:04:25 am by 10ebbor10 »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: May 20, 2013, 02:47:11 am »

12: Design jettisonable rocket-pods to provide 2 minutes of additional propulsion to aircraft. The design should be suited to the Lightning which should be capable of carrying 2 of the devices. The pods should produce reduced force near the end of their action to reduce the issues related to uneven burn times.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: May 20, 2013, 04:14:17 am »

Since we are producing capian 100mms:

13)Doorknocker. Create a program to convert 200 of our oldest Badgers into SPGs with the 100mm to supplement our Hammers. The chassis should be upgraded with a better suspension, and the v6 diesel. The turret would be removed, and a light open-topped superstructure would be added to bolt the gun onto(with a light gun shield protecting from small-arms fire from the front). Care should be taken to balance recoil of the gun so that accuracy is not adversely impacted from firing from a light tank chassis
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: May 20, 2013, 04:57:46 am »

14: produce a similarly portable R.A.D.A.R. with enhanced range. Call it the Turquoise.
Read the First Post!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: May 20, 2013, 07:06:36 am »

G: Manufacture 78mm wheeled guns for infantry use. As a production proposal this is severely limited, but it should work so long as it is just putting the gun on some wheels or the old 80mm gun rig. It will be up to the troops to figure out how to deal with aiming and recoil, but they will have a gun...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 66