Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 66

Author Topic: The revolutionary design bureau, under new management  (Read 61596 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The revolutionary design bureau, under new management
« Reply #870 on: May 17, 2013, 11:06:58 am »

14. Design the Hunter submarine, modified on our previous submarine design. The torpedo tubes should be lengthened in order to allow the useage of electric torpedos. Enlarged versions of current torpedos are also on board. The hull should be modified for this, so take that opportunity to fix the flaw. Addition of hydrophone allows our submarine to find enemies from under water, while a snort (submarine snorkel) allows the submarine to take in air and use the diesel engines while remaining submerged. If needed, Tonnage will be freed by the removal of the deck gun, and a reducing the electrical engines to 2, as well as cutting battery reserves. Also ensure that this submarine has a greater depth allowance than previous models. Optimally, it should be capable of dropping to the bottom or below the thermocline, or at least out of range of the enemies depth weaponry. Add a basic chemical lifesupport system.

15. Commence design of a Radar Airship, based on the earlier enlarged airship design. As expected, it carries a RADAR and long range radio equipment. Addittionally, some machine gun mounts are added for basic self defense. Ideally, the Radar system is a seperate gondola from the main engine gondola, and can be replaced by a cargo gondola or a carrier gondola. ((It's intended capacity is not large enough to do both))

16. MMR Launcher. A very simple, lowtech rocket launching system. Should be capable of launching at least 20 unguided rockets at once. Needs to be light enough to be mounted on the back of truck. While capable of launching the already designed rocket, a new artillery rocket should also be developped. It should have a far larger range, and a slightly larger payload. Accuracy is not that important.

17. Rocket design: Have some chemists and such try out new rocket fuels and propulsion methods. (Hoping for: Improved gunpowder, or alternate solid fuels)

Designs:

O. Construct a submarine dock (IE, submarine production installation)

P. Construct a factory dedicated to the production of Radar installations (and airships, or course)

Q. Construct a rocket factory. (Also does MMR, but facilities for much more)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 01:39:23 am by 10ebbor10 »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 17, 2013, 11:21:12 am »

18.  Design a new torpedo. Compatible with existing torpedo mounts (yep, same diameter), faster, longer ranged, ideally capable to be launched from periscope depth
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 17, 2013, 11:39:44 am »

I vote for 1,5,6,10,13,17
I vote for  G H

edit:more votes, now that every one is voteing
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 08:18:31 am by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 17, 2013, 11:56:53 am »

Quote from: Rules
3: Votes must be made after the proposal period.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 17, 2013, 03:20:36 pm »

R, Suggest repairing all captured factories in Capia, refit aircraft, armor and infantry factories to produce our equipment and use artillery factories to begin producing Capias artillery.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 17, 2013, 09:01:16 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

P.S.

N would work better as a counter-proposal or modification to brood's thing
Not if you want both...

1.1: Reduce rate of fire priorities, increase accuracy priorities. Consider including a dedicated support vehicle to assist with loading

19: Design a cheap, easy to assemble and repair, mobile steam generator that can produce electricity from almost any flammable material.
 Goals include running radio equipment, boiling water without an open flame, reducing visible emissions, the ability for trained troops to produce the same basic design in the field, particularly if they are supplied with a few critical parts.
Being able to turn your magnets and some found pots, wiring, and a pile of wooden furniture into a perpetual radio and run a wire from the forward base into the trench and use it to sterilise water seem like things that would make life easier for the troops...

S: Construct a research facility to produce new explosive compounds for rockets and charges. Have them start by looking into improved propellants for our cannons.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 09:32:59 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 18, 2013, 01:09:12 am »

Alrighty, it's been about a day so I'm thinking I'm good to start voting yes?

Edit: Voting for 5, 6, 7, 8.1, 9, 12, B, C, K, L, M, and R

Double Edit: Forgot to vote for UR's strategy plan Alpha! We need to bring the biplanes back behind our lines, they're not gonna make a difference except in secondary roles at this point

Triple edit: It appears D is redundant, changing vote then

Quad Edit FTW!:Reserve vote in
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 11:56:25 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 18, 2013, 01:14:56 am »

RULES:
Proposals
1: A proposal will be bold text.
2: A proposal will have a unique proposal number.
3: Design proposal number begin at 1 for each year and are incremented by 1 for each proposal.
4: Production proposal letters begin at "A" for each y ear and are incremented by 1 for each proposal
5: Proposals are to be made in the 24 hours after an update is made.
6: there is a limit of 4 design proposals per player, including sub and counter proposals.
6: there is a limit of 4 production proposals per player, including sub and counter proposals.
7: proposals do not count as votes.
8: proposals must be made in the 24 hours after an update.
for example:
1 : I propose that we mount lasers on the heads of sharks.

Modification of proposals:
1: All rules for proposals apply except the following.
2: Modifications to proposals will have a number in the format of proposal.sub-proposal.
3: A modification may be supportive (default) or a counter (must be explicit).
4: Votes made for a supportive subproposal will count as votes for the parent if the sub proposal has fewer than 3 votes or if the parent
5: Votes made for a counter proposal will not count as votes for the parent.

for example:
1.1 I think we should go all the way and mount the National Ignition Facility on the head of a sharkasourus.
1.2 I counter propose that we should instead create lasers that shoot beams composed of sharks.

Format for votes:
1: you must specify the proposal number explicitly.
2: you must use the word vote.
3: Votes must be made after the proposal period.
4: Each user should make all of their votes with one post if possible.
5: There is a limit of 6 design votes per player.
5: There is a limit of 6 production votes per player.
for example:
I vote for 1.2

Proposals and votes for petitions to the govornment are not limited at this time.
Although some of the production proposals are actually petitioning the government to change their production. so you might be able to get more than 6 votes amongst the capital letters...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: May 18, 2013, 01:33:56 am »

woops missed that change. Dammit, now I'll have to think on my production votes. Please stand by....

Edit: Fixed, my votes are now in
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 01:38:59 am by tryrar »
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: May 18, 2013, 02:13:49 am »

Production votes ( IMO, production related petitions are roughly equal to production)

A (Logistics. We need transport aviation, both cargo planes and helicopters will help our logistics, and I hate having designs that do not go into production)
B (We need to bring Radar coverage to 100%)
G (Our infantry deserves better equipment)
M (Logistics, again)
O (We need submarines)
R (Reusing whatever industrial capacity we can is good, even if we can expect certain amount of sabotage on captured territory)

Design votes later
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 18, 2013, 02:16:57 am »

Design votes: 14,15,16,17,10,11

Production votes: A;B;O;P;Q;S

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: May 18, 2013, 05:50:12 am »

I vote for 6, 10, 11, 15

I vote for B, E, M, K

I vote for Alpha
Since I'm mostly away this weekend, no reasons are given. However, those are the ones that I considered voting for, though I tried to concentrate on projects more unlikely to gain votes but important. The former is why I didn't vote for the tank, for example.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: May 18, 2013, 06:07:27 am »

So projects for this turn so far are B and M by my count

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: May 18, 2013, 09:19:20 am »

Votes.

Design
1, Heavy class howitzer for indirect infantry support, we lack artillery.
2, We rule the air and as a proud British boy who's grandfather and great grandfather both died during the battle of britain in the RAF it's going to stay that way if I have to shoot down the enemy with a slingshot.
6, Badger is going out and it is going to take the role of our primary tank so it needs upgrading.
8.1, We need a better deap sea fleet and it's the best proposal I've seen.
9, It's mine, and we need to phase out the 80mm, it's past it's prime and with heavier ships coming in we're not so limited on size anymore.

Production
B, We need to start intercepting Morovian bombers before they reach the coastline.
C, We need them to intercept said Morovian bombers to make sure they don't go home.
E, We need more tanks.
F, We need a heavy anti tank gun that our transport can tow to counter enemy tanks in the absence of our own.
G, The infantry needs to finish upgrading to more modern weaponry.
I, We need more space for ship production.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: May 18, 2013, 09:52:12 am »

Design
Project 1, We need our own artillery not something we stole from our enemy.
Project 2, We don't want to lose our biggest edge.
Project 6, Our armor is our second biggest edge.
Project 8.1, It's a useful basic design we can refit with the 120mm once it's ready.
Project 9, It'll replace the 80mm and depending on results might also make the 160mm obsolete.
Project 12, We need a new heavy tank since our current one is being downgraded to a medium tank.

Production
Project B, We need to stop the bombing runs on our production facilities.
Project C, See above.
Project E, Tanks are good, lots of tanks are great.
Project F, It'll be useful for defensive lines and providing infantry with a portable heavy AA weapons when our tanks are otherwise engaged.
Project I, We need to produce bigger ships as quickly as possible.
Project R, They'll be useful enough until we have our own.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 66