Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 66

Author Topic: The revolutionary design bureau, under new management  (Read 61604 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The revolutionary design bureau, under new management
« Reply #855 on: May 17, 2013, 03:31:16 am »

4H)Construct a wind tunnel and aeronautics test facility to better test and improve prospective and current aircraft designs(As well as evaluate enemy design performance)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 03:35:31 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 17, 2013, 04:11:24 am »

9 : Design a 120mm ship based cannon with high velocity to at minamum match the 160mm cannon and if possible surpass it also add an auto loader system built into it to enable the best possible rate of fire. Use information gathered from Capian 100mm cannons to help with the design if any examples are intact. Focus on velocity and accuracy.

I : Request that the goverment upgrade our current 4000 ton dry-dock to a second dry-dock of at least 8000 ton capacity to allow us to expand into heavier ship classes to counter our enemies superior ships and construct a brand new 4000 ton dry-dock

J : Suggest that biplanes be pulled from all frontline operation and limited to night operations or use in areas that are not of strategic importance so they do not face enemy aircraft or significant ground AA fire.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 05:28:43 am by Brood »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 17, 2013, 04:19:26 am »

I'll point out brood that J is the same as UR's plan Alpha
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 17, 2013, 06:36:17 am »

10) Proximity Fuze: Design a proximity detonation system, for use in bombs and (if possible) artillery / AA shells.
Design it with a Maximum distance of up to 3m and an accuracy of about the same, and concentrate on weight savings. Try something under a half kg. Further improvements go into weight.

11) Aircraft-launched rocket. Develop a fairly light rocket (ca. 50-60kg), to be launched from aircraft. The rocket should provide a pretty even flight curve, which'd result in a better range compared to bombs - vital against the AA thread. Develop two warheads, one a shaped charge against tanks (is the accuracy good enough for that?), one proximity detonated HE against soft targets.

K) Improve Hammer production

L) Turn around as much of the captured enemy equipment as possible. Keep some for testing and development, though.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 17, 2013, 06:53:50 am »

Project 12: Restart the new tank program, with new specifications. The armour is to be 70mm on the front, 50mm on the sidesand 40mm on the rear, all sloped at 45 degrees. The hull's top and bottom are to be armoured at 20mm thick. It's turret is to be designed around the new 78mm gun and should be able to hold the gunner, loader and commander comfortably. Two Patriotism Mk2 guns are to be mounted on the tank, one mounted in the hull, and the other mounted ontop of the commander's hatch. The tank is designed to have a radio built into the hull, in order to allow co-ordination between tanks and HQ, though this ups the number of personnel required for the crew to five men

The new tank is to be designated the T-2 Ratel (In keeping with the naming convention we have with the tanks as various Mustelidae.)

Project 13: Start designs on a more powerful diesel engine, based upon the designs of our existing ones currently in use with our tanks. This should help in reducing the weight of our tanks and thus making them more mobile (Due to having to mount two 400Kw engines onto them). A V12 system should be used as the basis of this design, rather than the current V6 configuration. This engine is designed purely with tanks in mind, and as such may be difficult to mount onto aircraft. (Not that should be a problem with the current aviation engine in service)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 17, 2013, 06:58:56 am »

....has there been ANY case of a plane mounting a diesel engine??????

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 17, 2013, 07:21:44 am »

....has there been ANY case of a plane mounting a diesel engine??????
yes, the Junkers Ju 86 was diesel.

K) Issue SVA-10's and 9mm pistols to our infantry, the Mosin Nagant has had it day.
as supplys be come available do the same with Argument's,SMG's and grenades.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 07:26:46 am by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 17, 2013, 07:25:42 am »

Though I'll point out it was found diesels were unsatisfactory for battle conditions(at least for the JU 86), but hey, no harm in making it hard to mount in aircraft anyways

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 17, 2013, 07:27:21 am »

i side it was done, not that it workerd.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 17, 2013, 07:28:08 am »

point :P

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 17, 2013, 09:15:36 am »

Okay, and a couple of industrial proposals from me:

Proposal M: Start manufacturing as many KTTs as we can, possibly starting up a new factory or two for them. (The design is unlikely to ever go obsolete, and is suitable for civilian use if it does become so.)

Proposal N: Request the contruction of a 16,000 tonne shipyard to enable us to build heavy cruisers, light carriers and the sort.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 17, 2013, 09:18:40 am »

N would work better as a counter-proposal or modification to brood's thing

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #867 on: May 17, 2013, 09:25:11 am »

the mosin nagant is already being phaed out, in a years time it will be effectively out of service and the sva 10 will be the default. you might want a different proposal
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #868 on: May 17, 2013, 09:43:26 am »

and you do have an 8000 ton drydock, that should technically be repairing the glorious II right now, but i didnt update that in my post, it can produce 1 large ship in 2 years.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 17, 2013, 09:45:46 am »

We know, but we prefer it being done in one year and keeping the space free for ship repairs :P
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 66