Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 66

Author Topic: The revolutionary design bureau, under new management  (Read 61724 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The revolutionary design bureau, under new management
« Reply #270 on: May 04, 2013, 05:06:49 am »

I think he meant have the Alexi be able to launch and recover observation balloons, which I vote against 1.12. Especially if we can get floatplanes, which are much better scouts!

Speaking of, I vote for 1, 1.1, 1.2, 2, 4, 5, 5.1, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12 if we can(though it'll likely be pretty outdated), and 13(we DO need a heavy MG).

I propose:
14)See if we can get the military to start on a drydock facility at the shipyard so we can do upgrades to existing ships/recycle hopelessly outdated ships for their scrap and parts. Build it ourselves if we have to
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 04, 2013, 05:16:11 am »

We probably only need one dock for ourselves, perhaps we should petition the government to deal with the production of smaller vessels, although building a few first to see them in action might be required.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 04, 2013, 06:08:38 am »

15, I propose a larger variant of the badger keeping it's double engines and heavier slanted armor while extending the rear compartment to enable it to contain 16 men, it should also have gun slits on both sides to enable men inside to fire out but have an armored window that can be latched into place to block the slits when required and have a tow bar on the back.

It should be designed to have 3 different main weapons, the standard badger cannon, the hydra badgers guns or a heavy flamethrower naming the 3 units the Badger IFV, the Hydra IFV and the Leviathan IFV.

(( And I disagree with voting on projects you don't like, you have to vote for a project to pass and thats plenty, adding the ability to vote against projects just encourages people to block everybody else to get more resourses for themselves. ))
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 03:25:11 pm by Brood »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 04, 2013, 06:23:50 am »

15, I propose a larger variant of the badger keeping it's double engines and heavier slanted armor while extending the rear compartment to enable it to contain 16 men, it should also have gun slits on both sides to enable men inside to fire out but have an armored window that can be latched into place to block the slits when required and have a tow bar on the back.

It should be designed to have 3 different main weapons, the standard badger cannon, the hydra badgers guns or a heavy flamethrower naming the 3 units the Badger IFV, the Hydra IFV and the Leviathan IFV.

+1, mechanized infantry rules the battlefield.

16, I propose a 152 mm ( 6 inch ) indirect firing artillery piece firing HE, Incindiary and gas shells up to a range of 8700 meters designed to be towed into position and then operated by 10 men.
Has an elevation of 0-45+ degrees and uses a Hydro-pneumatic recoil system.

Weapon is to be used along side the above mentioned units to be towed into position before an assault to provide mechanized infantry units with miedum range fire support. dragged by an IFV which carries it's 10 man crew plus 6 soldiers to provide security,
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 05:10:08 pm by mesor »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 04, 2013, 06:28:03 am »

Do not let them assault our metric paradise!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 04, 2013, 06:29:33 am »

16, I propose a 152 mm ( 6 inch ) indirect firing artillery piece firing HE, Incindiary and gas shells up to a range of 8700 meters designed to be towed into position and then operated by 10 men.
Has an elevation of 0-45+ degrees and uses a Hydro-pneumatic recoil system.

Weapon is to be used along side the above mentioned units to be towed into position before an assault to provide mechanized infantry units with miedum range fire support. dragged by an IFV which carries it's 10 man crew plus 6 soldiers to provide security,

+1, unless somebody invents something that seems a better fit for my purposes that should work fine to provide supporting fire.

Hey theres nothing wrong with non metric!!!! But I think it was just for clarity anyway.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 04, 2013, 06:39:27 am »

We're going to use gas shells?

Isn't that against Geneva protocol and such? Better watch out.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 04, 2013, 06:43:10 am »

(( Depends on the Gas and also if those laws exist at all yet in this reality.
If they do then hey. smoke and tear gas are still legal and very useful, why storm a building full of firing enemies when you can storm a building full of enemies curled up on the floor? ))

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 04, 2013, 07:11:23 am »

I vote against 13
As this is not needed when we have a  good 14mm round that offers nice penetration. It's unnecessary risk to create a new round, besides 14mm is lighter and that offers many advantages over 16mm light guns

I vote against 15
Having APCs that are as expensive as tanks is a bad move for our economy. Also I doubt that those will be effective. IFVs are good in modern warfare, but back then it was different

I vote against 16
Stop making new calibers without a proper reason.And I don't want too many projects during one turn

« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 07:15:28 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 04, 2013, 07:22:11 am »

Well, I would have voted for your machine gun UR, but you tied it to the carbine which I'm against. Separate it into its own proposal and I'll switch my vote to yours

Im also against 15 and 16, for much the same reasons
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 04, 2013, 07:39:53 am »

Instead of an APC why not use a half-track?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 04, 2013, 07:48:38 am »

tryrar, In fact  I am not a  big fan of working on small arms and would prefer to ignore it for several years as we have adequate supply of cheap and reliable designs, especially considering captured carabines and shotguns (that are great for trench warfare, quite bad for WW2 style warfare )   I just offered the carbine because guys here are determined  more small arms designs even when we haven't supplied our army with what we have

I'd prefer to talk about production after the second part of update. That's why I don't vote for your 14 and others like that and not make my own production proposals

So:
I propose 10.2) scrap 8mm SMG and focus our small arms development on new Courage 14mm machinegun for fixed positions\vehicles, prioritizing punch and magazine size over weight and RPM

As for APC. I like a proper APC, protected all terrain transport to move our soldiers not fight with other armour, but that should wait until  we finish that new tank, we can't allow ourself to spread efforts  as our new tank is very complex and needs manpower to make it right
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 04, 2013, 07:50:53 am »

Slower, weaker , more exposed. You can't vote against luckily so I don't care anyway. An APC alone is forced to wait for much slower tanks and looses all rapid response ability for it.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 04, 2013, 07:59:31 am »

Still, why not a half track, it fixes the problem that people were saying about having it cost as much as a tank. And would be invaluable in maneuvering. Not to mention, we could mount different weapons on them, like the Germans did in the second world war.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 04, 2013, 08:10:21 am »

Once we design it from scratch as well as entirely new systems for it maybe, where as my APC the work is already half done.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 66