Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Stardust: Interstellar Mariners  (Read 9517 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Stardust: Interstellar Mariners
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2013, 08:51:00 pm »

(( I have too much on my plate with school atm, so I regret that I'm gonna have to drop out of this one.))
I figured as much. Good luck with all that. Its good that you've got your priorities straight.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2013, 01:01:56 am »

Crixon the Unstoppable is now a generic engineer! +1 crew, -1 Player Character! He will be sorely missed! D:

Maldevious
You turn the terminal over to the actual gunner, who is only just arriving after retrieving his sidearm and impact suit from the armoury, and head up to the bridge. You salute Captain Valten without stopping and climb into the pilot's cradle. You engage the manual controls and blink-click the activation key for your PANS implant on the interface superimposed over your vision. Navigational supplements appear in front of you and you feel the strength draining from your legs as your mind is forced to focus entirely on your hand and eye movement. You ease the throttle open and the ship's thrusters sputter to life. You contact the hangar controls and rotate the ship to face the open hangar doors, then ease it into a limping, jerking hover and out into the open air.

You soar towards the mass driver and dock with the clamp that Atropos Control prepared for you at your request. Its costing the crew nearly a fortune, but its worth it when you consider its the only way to get off this rock. Weiss double checks your clearance and requests a launch. He receives a message in the affirmative, just a moment if you would please, and the clamp draws you into the barrel of the driver. Valten sounds General Quarters and orders all crew members to brace for takeoff. The ship rotates upwards and you feel your body being held snugly in place by Atropos' gravity. There's a tense moment as the driver warms up. You feel a massive kick and then an earth shattering roar rattles your skull as the ship rockets upwards and into the atmosphere. After a few moments the ship begins to decelerate. You key the blast shields and the metal bulkhead recedes from the viewports, revealing the dark expanses of space. Steady as she goes M1. We're finally on our way out of this godforsaken system.

Flying Dice
You wait out the massive acceleration from takeoff and then make your way over to the engine room, grabbing an SMG and another data tablet from the armoury while you're at it. You hand the tablet to Kyle and he takes it gladly. You get the Captain on the intercom and inform him and the others of your plans regarding the weapons.

Zanzetkuken The Great
You grab the engineer that tinkered your SMG and drag him into the room, demanding that he upgrade your thrusters. [5] He grumbles dejectedly and throws together some nozzles for the existing thrusters as well as a few ad-hoc secondary thrusters to boost mobility [-1 supplies]. You check the seals on your suit and take one of the pressurised lifts to the loading deck. The strip lights along the hull flicker to life and you clip a safety line to one of the many handhold rails bolted to the surface. You make your way hand-over-hand to a large compartment set into the hull and palm it open. The thick door slides away, revealing an old zero-g skiff folded up to conserve space. The thrusters look like they're in good shape, but the vessel itself looks rickety, to say the least. The hull is about as sturdy as a square of wet cardboard.

The Endurance
Spoiler: Decks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Weapons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cargo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Personal Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Integrity (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crew (click to show/hide)
---

OREOSOME
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

kj225

Doomblade187

Zanzetkuken The Great

Brood

Flying Dice

Maldevious
Spoiler: Implants (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 03:35:50 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2013, 01:31:33 am »

Erin double-checks the seals on her pressure suit, grabs a few menials and some supplies, and heads for the forward weapon mounts.

Repair the bow hardpoint and blister.

((I'm uncertain if the hardpoint is accessible from within the Endurance, though presumably the blister mounts are.))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2013, 01:58:16 am »

Erin double-checks the seals on her pressure suit, grabs a few menials and some supplies, and heads for the forward weapon mounts.

Repair the bow hardpoint and blister.

((I'm uncertain if the hardpoint is accessible from within the Endurance, though presumably the blister mounts are.))
Correct. The blister mounts can retract into the ship for easy repairs and replacement, but you'll need to send the engineers to perform exterior repairs and mounting. They're the only ones with the experience to manoeuvre across the hull and get things done in a reasonable amount of time and (usually) without any casualties. Only Loading has handholds on the surface for the crew members fighting a catch, so the engineers have to do their job without safety lines, and they've got the best training when it comes to zero-g movement, right next to the Downmen of course since they're constantly involved in wrestling the catches themselves. Everyone can do everyone else's job, but you're more likely to come out with shoddy results and casualties if you do so, especially if you use menials, who are only good for basic repairs (patchwork, installing weapons, fixing electronics) and lifting things.

I can easily infer what you meant by the action, but I just wanted to take the opportunity to infodump a bit. Thanks. :)

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2013, 06:14:06 am »

Await orders from the Captain.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2013, 04:34:25 pm »

"Lets get going. Do we have any jobs available?"
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2013, 04:38:08 pm »

>Return to the ship interior, and await orders
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:21:22 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2013, 07:02:51 pm »

Pick up a Battle Rifle, and check out my skiff. Await orders.

((Also, can you describe the Combat Claw, Render, and LCAN?))
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 07:20:40 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2013, 07:11:20 pm »

Kyle goes and grabs a claw and a SMG.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2013, 09:17:34 pm »

>If everything is not loaded up, continue loading items
>After the above is completed or is not needed, return to the ship interior, and await orders
In case you didn't notice, the ship is in space right now. In fact you're outside the ship right now. Inside the vacuum of space. Why do you think you clipped a safety line to the hull after you ascended from a vertical lift and crawled across the top of the ship? :P

((Also, can you describe the Combat Claw, Render, and LCAN?))
The Combat Claw is a three-pronged hydraulic titanium claw, used for grabbing onto surfaces that have no handholds, and is a staple of any good Downman. Basically you throw yourself at the target (in zero-g of course) and jam the claw into it. It's mechanically assisted so it can slam a hole into (but usually not through) a few inches of armour plate. The claws can then either extend to hook you onto whatever you just carved into, or contract and crush something in your grip. The latter function makes it useful even when you're not in space.

The Render is the TWO in the ONE-TWO punch that is the Downman. Downmen approach a harpooned xeno using skiffs as jumping off points, then grapple on with the Com-Claw. Once they're attached, they usually secure another handhold using a personal harpoon or another Claw, then feed a line through the two and use it to hold themselves in place. Then the Render comes in. A heat-assisted saw (LAZAR SAWW >:C). Then you kill whatever space thingy you're attached to and be happy because now it isn't trying to murder you

The LCAN is a grenade launcher with a stupid name. It fires munitions at high-speeds, embedding them in fleshy targets or bursting on impact, depending on if you set a fuse or not.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2013, 09:48:00 pm »

Ah, you actually did create a game out of this. Interesting. Have to see how it turns out.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2013, 09:51:38 pm »

Ah, you actually did create a game out of this. Interesting. Have to see how it turns out.
Yeah, this is the easy part. Soon I'll have to start making up space fish. Thats going to be really hard.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2013, 09:52:53 pm »

If you wanna create the white whale so to speak then create a justin beiber fish.

Every man on this forum will hunt it's ass down and kill it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2013, 09:55:47 pm »

If you wanna create the white whale so to speak then create a justin beiber fish.

Every man on this forum will hunt it's ass down and kill it.
If I could punch you in the head right now I would.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2013, 09:56:15 pm »

Hahaha, I'd be dissapointed if you didn't :D.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11