Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Stardust: Interstellar Mariners  (Read 9521 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Stardust: Interstellar Mariners
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2013, 09:15:23 pm »

So, I became bored this afternoon and decided to do a shitty rendering of my character. I really suck at drawing faces. :c

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Might try my hand at the Endurance later if I get bored again.

Well look at it this way, if you think you draw that bad you'll draw the endurance perfectly!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2013, 09:15:32 pm »

So, I became bored this afternoon and decided to do a shitty rendering of my character. I really suck at drawing faces. :c

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Might try my hand at the Endurance later if I get bored again.
Awww, its nice! The Endurance is a clunker so make it look like an old space freighter, blocky and geometric, like the flying crate it is. Its got two tails where the engines are and beneath which the cargo ramps drop from.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2013, 10:43:39 pm »

Flying Dice
You and the rest of the men get to work welding in the new plates, either standing on small portable lifts or simply hanging from the pipes covering the wall. [5] The job is quicker than you anticipated and the plates weld cleanly.

OREOSOME
You double check the navigation systems. They're functioning well, and the engines are already on their prep cycle and will be ready momentarily. You tap a control on your terminal. How's that reinforcing going down there? Need any help? A voice crackles back over the intercom. A couple more minutes and we'll be solid. Thanks Cap.

kj1225
You help the others finish the job. Its done quickly and moments later you hear from some of the others that the ship is ready to take off.

Zanzetkuken The Great
You're no engineer, but you're pretty sure the suit is at its limit when it comes to zero-g manoeuvring unless you can install some improved thrusters. There aren't very many, and they're badly placed. If you could upgrade the thrusters somehow, either by having one of the stokers or engineers do the job or by purchasing the components (or even better, a suit that isn't ancient), then a decent programmer could easily throw in the calculations needed to better the AI.

You stick your head out the door and spot one of the engineers standing in the hall, fidgeting. You call him and he jumps, startled, then sighs exasperatedly and walks over. You show him the SMG and ask him if he can reduce the bulk a bit. He sniffs, taking the weapon from your hands and eyeing it. [4] He takes the weapon over to one of the work benches and roots around in a nearby box, removing several parts and setting them down. He disassembles the gun and reassembles it with lighter parts. Its much smaller now and you can reach the trigger without awkwardly stretching your fingers, and the weight isn't as bothersome. You thank him and he mumbles something incoherent as he strides out the door.

Maldevious
You warm up the engines and run all the main systems through the diagnostic routines. We're in the green Captain. Ready to move out at any time. You attempt to activate the targeting systems for the ship's weapons. [4] They start up immediately and you quickly calibrate and deactivate them. The weapons will be ready to use once the engineers install them.

The Endurance
Spoiler: Decks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Weapons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cargo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Personal Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Integrity (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crew (click to show/hide)
---

OREOSOME
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

kj225

Doomblade187

Zanzetkuken The Great

Brood

Flying Dice

Maldevious
Spoiler: Implants (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 09:21:15 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2013, 10:45:49 pm »

-5 supplies for reinforcing the engine room and modding the SMG. From now on it will cost supplies to make modifications, conduct repairs, heal crew members and travel. Once you get into orbit you'll be able to dock with the spaceport and do a bit of shopping.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2013, 10:49:00 pm »

"You guys can go do whatever, I'll be down here double checking everything. After all we don't want to blow up to quickly." Kyle goes back to the computer or whatever we are using to keep tabs on the engine.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2013, 12:23:19 am »

Erin flicks the intercom, We're clear in the engine room, Cap. Everything looks green and ready to go.

Hey, Kyle, I'm gonna do a few things. Check up on what sort of ord'nance the crew'll be using. A lot of the heavy weapon mounts look banged up, too; I might swing by the fire control station and see if'n I can't pull up some sort of diagnostic on their condition, see how difficult they'd be to repair. Say, while I'm in the armory, d'you want me to grab another of these, she queries, hefting the PC, for ya, set it up the same way?

Go to the armory and run an inventory on the small arms available. As she heads to the armory, Erin keeps one eye on her portable computer, monitoring reactor conditions.

"You guys can go do whatever, I'll be down here double checking everything. After all we don't want to blow up to quickly." Kyle goes back to the computer or whatever we are using to keep tabs on the engine.
((From the sound of things, we've got the terminal in the engine room, and the one portable computer that I just merged with the engine room systems, though the latter can only monitor. If we've got more of the computers in stores we could probably set a second one up for you.))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2013, 01:08:58 am »

Flying Dice
You check the Armoury, keeping an eye on the small Data Tablet in your hands all the while, and find an inventory has already been done of small arms (under the Personal Equipment spoiler in the last turn). The heavy weapons for the ship mounts you guys brought with you are stored in cargo one, for the armoury on this small vessel isn't large enough to contain them safely, and you decide to head down there instead.

You find one of the menials supervising the organisation of the cargo bay and ask him about the weapons. He leads you to a nearby wall terminal and pulls up the manifest.

Medium Auto Cannon 4x
Medium Torpedo Launcher 2x
Light PD Chain Gun 10x
Light Auto Cannon 4x
Large Gauss Cannon 1x

You thank him and he goes back to work, lighting a cigarette as he goes. You pull up The Endurance's fire control systems and check to see how extensive the damage really is on the mounts.

Repairs
- Damaged = -5 supplies per mount
- Destroyed = -10 supplies per mount
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 02:41:09 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2013, 01:10:13 am »

The Heavy Weapons Terminal is now called Fire Control.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2013, 07:21:22 am »

M-1 Dev. 1 heads up to the bridge, to test his neural interface software with the piloting routines on the ship.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 10:18:24 am by Maldevious »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2013, 08:13:44 am »

Added a new section under the Weapons spoiler that lists ship weapons that are unmounted and in storage. You'll be able to have your engineers affix these on EMPTY or DAMAGED mounts once you're off-world. Weapons affixed to DAMAGED mounts will have a -1 to combat rolls.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2013, 09:31:25 am »

Head to the armory and grab a slug SMG and a second data tablet, then go back to the engine room.

As Erin enters the engine room, she saunters over to Kyle and passes him the second data tablet, I just checked on the situation with the heavy weapons. Looks like we'll be able to start repairs and begin mountin' them once we hit orbit. Prob'ly better to start before we need em than after, eh?

3. Run Resize Enable

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2013, 03:45:51 pm »

Head to the armory and grab a slug SMG and a second data tablet, then go back to the engine room.

As Erin enters the engine room, she saunters over to Kyle and passes him the second data tablet, I just checked on the situation with the heavy weapons. Looks like we'll be able to start repairs and begin mountin' them once we hit orbit. Prob'ly better to start before we need em than after, eh?
"We could try catching and killing things with just our hands. Although I guess we would have even shorter life expectancy." Kyle grabs the data tablet.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2013, 03:53:31 pm »

>Get an engineer to improve the thrusters
>Check the condition of the skiffs (if this hasn't already been done, and we actually have some skiffs)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2013, 05:42:51 pm »

Erin thumbs an intercom switch in passing, Hey, Captain? Once we hit orbit I'ma take some crew out to start repairing and installing the guns. Looks like there's goin' to be one big choice: do we want to mount the torp launchers or a second pair of mid-sized autocannons? Hells, anyone who's gonna be shootin' with the guns should probably put their two credits in the pot about what sort of configuration we're wantin'. Here's mah initial thoughts for once we fix the busted up bits.

Bow ---
Forward Medium Blister(s) 2x
- Medium Torp. x2
Forward Large Hardpoint(s) x1
- Large Gauss Cannon

Amidships ---
Port Light Blister(s) 2x
- Light PD Chaingun x2
Port Medium Blister(s) 1x
- Medium Autocannon
Starboard Light Blister(s) 2x
- Light PD Chaingun x2
Starboard Medium Blister(s) 1x
- Medium Autocannon

Aft ---
Rear Light Blister(s) 3x
- Light Autocannon
- Light PD Chaingun x2

3. Run Resize Enable

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2013, 07:11:04 pm »

(( I have too much on my plate with school atm, so I regret that I'm gonna have to drop out of this one.))
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11