Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Stardust: Interstellar Mariners  (Read 9505 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Stardust: Interstellar Mariners
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2013, 09:59:36 am »

Help with the loading and inventory the weapons locker.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2013, 10:04:50 am »

Interesting premise.

Waitlist

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2013, 09:23:56 pm »

Maldevious
You peruse the individual weapon systems one at a time, [Roll Hidden] editing everything in sight. This coding is all wrong! I simply must do something about it! You remove all the bugs in the system and add a few new calculations for good measure. You perform a diagnostic and find that efficiency has indeed increased. You'd check the targeting module as well but you're not sure if the Captain would approve of that.

Flying Dice
You duck through the hatch leading to the engine room and find Kyle Johnson, one of the other stokers, already familiarising himself with the systems. He looks up from the readout terminal he was observing and waves you over.

Dual-core fusion reactor. Very impressive stuff. Whoever took care of her before really knew what he was doing. I was just about to turn this baby over. Hit it would you? I'll stay here and keep an eye on the output.

You head over to the activation terminal and warm up the coolant injectors before turning on the reactor itself. The cylindrical cores light up instantly and the drive plant churns to life, sending power surging through the ship. The dull-red emergency bulbs deactivate and the strip lighting brightens, illuminating the entire room.

kj1225
The only way you could make the engine any safer is if you welded more shielding around it, which would really only delay the ship from being blown in half for about point-zero-zero-one seconds should the cores take a direct hit. There's not much you can do about stopping a nuclear explosion.

Erin, one of the other veteran stokers, wanders in. You explain everything you can about the new engine and she nods with approval, impressed at the amount of power the ship will have. You then have her head over to the activation terminal and turn the engine on.

It bursts to life instantly and the readings on your output terminal rocket off the charts. This will cut your travel times by at least 50%.

Zanzetkuken The Great
You grab one end of a large steel ordnance locker and help a few of the menials carry it into the armoury. They thank you for the help and head back outside to continue their work. You type in the code for the locker and it slides open with a pneumatic hiss. You find an assortment of outdated slug throwers and net guns, as well as several harpoons for taking down and reeling in catches. You slip a sidearm into your belt holster and sling a submachine gun over one shoulder, both childishly large for your stature. You’ll have to get one of the gear-heads to reduce the profile a bit.

The menials come back, this time carrying the hard-suit assembly and they set it down in one corner. You set aside your belt and SMG, opening the compartment set into the side of the pod and pulling out the body and leggings of your MK1 Low Atmosphere Suit, donning them over the blue jumpsuit all crew members wear and moving to the front of the pod. The door eases open as you palm the lock-pad and you sit down inside of it. The pod closes and you feel the automated systems shifting to meet your size, sliding your boots and gloves on and attaching a few last components, dropping the tall domed helmet over your head and sealing the suit completely. The digital screen set into the door lights up in front of you and the computer displays the technical readouts. You nod, satisfied, and tap a control, opening the pod and letting you out, making sure to strap your combat belt on again and retrieve the SMG. You test your gear, toggling your visor and watch it slide down and polarize, then pull the faceplate down over it. Your heads-up display winks to life and you let out a low sigh as the archaic software boots up. Only limited navigational systems. A compass, horizon tracker, a networked waypoint system and a few starmaps you downloaded a few years back, and only basic maneuvering corrections, not enough to get you out of a dead spin in zero gravity.

Doomblade187
You spend a few minutes helping the menials drag crates of flash-dried rations into the cargo bay, then, satisfied they have the job well in hand as they tow the last few larger pieces of equipment inside, you head on over to Engineering, where the men have already set up an ad-hoc armoury.

You check the locker and find all your old kit still stored. Six good workhorse rifles and optics for each, 30 SMGs and two combat shotguns for taking down boarders and schools, a dozen harpoons and a can launcher for the boys on deck, and seven powered claws and three Renders for your Downers.

You don your Low Atmosphere Suit, then help your Kaffeyan friend check to make sure he's pressurised.

Brood
[2] You tap on the hull, searching for hollow spots.

OREOSOME
You check your nails. They're immaculate.

Noodlerex
You sit around just outside the cargo area, trying to figure out how you could get your hands on some penicillin. One of the menials walks down the ramp and waves at you.

Hey! We're taking off soon! Get in here will yah?!

The Endurance
Spoiler: Decks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Weapons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cargo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Personal Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Integrity (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crew (click to show/hide)
---

OREOSOME
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

kj225

Doomblade187

Zanzetkuken The Great

Brood

Flying Dice

Maldevious
Spoiler: Implants (click to show/hide)

Noodlerex
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 12:04:38 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2013, 09:27:18 pm »

Walk the whole ship randomly tapping for hollow spots and singing I will survive at the top of my lungs.

(( Not really anything else for me to do lol, I got the character who's only job when not in a fight is to look good. ))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2013, 09:32:37 pm »

Go around looking for something productive a stoker with some free time can do.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2013, 09:44:45 pm »

With the Captain's permission, start running through some pre-flight diagnostics and checks. Also ask for permission to check the targeting module, while I'm at it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2013, 09:54:30 pm »

How's it look, Kyle?

Say, I was thinking, a reactor like this would be real nasty if it took a hit. Maybe we should do something about that. If we can armor the engine room that might help wi' keeping the reactor from blowing if'n something nasty hits us. 'Course, we don't ha' the cash for that right now.

Examine the engine room, try to decide if it would be possibly to armor the walls to withstand more damage. While doing this, note if there is some sort of intercom that could be used to keep in contact with the bridge. If it doesn't take too long, search the inventory for some sort of portable computer to aid in monitoring the condition of the drive and reactor.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2013, 10:04:20 pm »

How's it look, Kyle?

Say, I was thinking, a reactor like this would be real nasty if it took a hit. Maybe we should do something about that. If we can armor the engine room that might help wi' keeping the reactor from blowing if'n something nasty hits us. 'Course, we don't ha' the cash for that right now.

Examine the engine room, try to decide if it would be possibly to armor the walls to withstand more damage. While doing this, note if there is some sort of intercom that could be used to keep in contact with the bridge. If it doesn't take too long, search the inventory for some sort of portable computer to aid in monitoring the condition of the drive and reactor.

Kyle looks up from his state of wondering what to do. "I think I'll run and see if I can get some before take off, failing that we can check the supply room for some.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2013, 10:09:21 pm »

If'n we've got time, grab some o' the menial types to help haul it, if you find any. Otherwise we can prob'ly scavenge some plating from a scrapyard once we're in th' black.

3. Run Resize Enable

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2013, 10:11:20 pm »

Kyle does a mock salute and runs off.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2013, 10:15:30 pm »

Erin chuckles as Kyle goes on his way, turning back to her work.

3. Run Resize Enable

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2013, 11:49:25 pm »

Brood
You dance around the outside of the ship, looking like a perfect fool. One of the menials comes around the side of the ship and spots you singing.

What the fuck are you doing? Get in here! The ship's warming up and we'll be taking off soon, so let's roll!

kj1225
You wander into the Armoury and get your suit on. You grab a sidearm as well.

Maldevious
You contact one of the Captains on the terminal comms. Luckily one of them is on the bridge. Captain Valten, this is M-1 Dev. 1, mind if I perform the pre-flight checks right now? I can do it from here; all the terminals are connected to the same network. I'm also going to take our guns through the motions. Atropos Control shouldn't flag the activation so long as we don't leave the hangar while we're performing the routine. How does that sound?

You wait for his response. He knows the capabilities of the government much better than you do.

Flying Dice
He gives you a thumbs up. You give him your spiel and agrees with your idea, then turns to go fetch the armour plates, as well as a personal computer to allow remote monitoring of the ship's systems.

You look around the engine room. Any weapons fire coming from the port side would have to punch through the exterior plating, the Armoury and the corridor before it reached the reactor. The real danger is from an overhead attack, as only the hull itself shields the reactor. Some minor reinforcement from the interior could very well do it some good, and no sooner have you finished the thought than Kyle enters with a few dozen armoured plates and some welding equipment. The other stokers walk in at the same time. Need some help guys?

kj1225
You head down to cargo one and scrounge for some armour plates. You find some two inch sheets and a personal computer with wireless capability, then have some of the menials help you move them up to the Engine Room.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2013, 11:52:03 pm »

Go back inside then promptly fall asleep in the middle of the bridge.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2013, 12:04:39 am »

Oh, hey Kyle, you read my mind!

Take the wireless PC and configure it to mate with the engineering systems. Try to determine what level of monitoring and control is possible with it.

((Assuming that's m'kay.))

3. Run Resize Enable

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2013, 12:08:33 am »

Everyone magically has their Atmosphere Suit and a Slug Pistol. If you want a real weapon you can grab one from the armoury, but you probably won't need one at least until after you take off, unless someone does something dumb or illegal. Or both.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11