Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: FTL: Faster Than Light - RTD Edition  (Read 3543 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: FTL: Faster Than Light - RTD Edition
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2013, 08:47:25 pm »

Assist the ship, Ohm goes to the engines and notch goes on weapon duty.

Blaze17145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2013, 08:40:25 am »

Lets go brood.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2013, 09:14:24 am »

Blow the enemy ship to pieces then take whats left as scrap.

Blaze17145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2013, 07:53:16 pm »

TURN 2

scientist
[3]: You put out all the fires but by the time you're ready to jump, three more have lit and been extinguished, causing four hull damage. You jump to the next beacon, where a mantis ship charges it's weapons without warning. It has 8 hull and 2 shield.
SHIP: The Cutlass (Engi Cruiser)
HULL: 22
CREW: Osborn (Human M), Jack (Engi), Nathan (Engi).
INVENTORY: Scrap-0, Fuel-14, Missiles-0, Drone-15, Engi Med-bot Dispersal, Ion Blast II, Anti-Ship Drone I.
SIDE: Pirate
NOTES:

Xanmyral
[1]: You jump six beacons before coming upon.....a nearby star. Your engines catch alight and are damaged in the red.

SHIP: She's One Of Ours, Sir (Kestrel Cruiser)
HULL: 29
CREW: Anton Gates (Human M), Derrick Holland (Human M), Oliver Cross (Human M).
INVENTORY: Scrap-30, Fuel-9, Missiles-8, Drone-0, Artemis, Blast Laser II
SIDE: Federation
NOTES:

Greenstar
[6]: You attack the ship and shut down it's systems before you can be damaged at all! In the chaos, however, you shot at a hunk of scrap floating towards your ship and destroyed the largest portion of it, only gaining 18. Long range scanners show their are three paths, a nebula, a store, and a distress signal.

SHIP: The Nightmare (Stealth Cruiser)
HULL: 30
CREW: Alexander (Human M), Phoebe (Human F), Ross (Human M).
INVENTORY: Scrap-18, Fuel-13, Missiles-0, Drone-0, Titanium System Casing, Long-Range Scanners, Mini Beam, Dual Lasers.
NOTES:

kj1225
[2]: You try to defend them, but before you can destroy the pirate, the federation ship is destroyed before your eyes, and you also lost 4 hull in the battle.

SHIP: The Borg Cube (Engi Cruiser)
HULL: 26
CREW: Atreyu (Human M), Ohm (Human F), Notch (Human F).
INVENTORY: Scrap-30, Fuel-11, Missiles-0, Drone-15, Engi Med-bot Dispersal, Ion Blast II, Anti-Ship Drone I.
NOTES:

Brood
[1]: You fire a few more volleys at them, however they completely miss. They return fire at you, and manage to take off 6 points of hull and Apsalar is killed before you can destroy them and gain 7 scrap.

SHIP: The Wraith (Stealth Cruiser)
HULL: 24
CREW: Rallick(Human M), Vorcan (Human F).
INVENTORY: Scrap-23, Fuel-15, Missiles-0, Drone-0, Titanium System Casing, Long-Range Scanners, Mini Beam, Dual Lasers.
NOTES:

I AM A MORON. I said Scientist's medbay was hurt when his ship doesn't even have one...lets just pretend it was the shields system...k? k.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2013, 08:02:47 pm »

I thought I had a medbay, it controls the medical nanobots after all.

power up an attack drone and fire repeatedly at their shields with the Ion Blast II.

((Osborn is piloting, Jack has weapons, and Nathan was fixing the medbay, but is now back to shields, just to make that clear if you want that kind of information.))
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2013, 08:04:08 pm »

Run(fly?) to the nearest shop!

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2013, 09:03:10 pm »

I thought I had a medbay, it controls the medical nanobots after all.

power up an attack drone and fire repeatedly at their shields with the Ion Blast II.

((Osborn is piloting, Jack has weapons, and Nathan was fixing the medbay, but is now back to shields, just to make that clear if you want that kind of information.))
((The medical nanobots don't need a Med-Bay to function. They operate no matter what.))

Distress Signal, HOOOOOOO!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2013, 12:46:00 am »

*CRRK* "Crew, this is the captain speaking. Seems a fire caught in the engi--Well, seems its out now what with it being vented to space. And they called me crazy when I laid down my "vent half the ship into space" act, well who's laughing now Gates, huh? Told you this was a good idea, I didn't get this captain's badge out of a cereal box for nothing! Captain out." *CRRK*

Wait until fire dies, close all air locks and open all the inside doors to proliferate the air throughout the ship. (I was amazed that you could actually do this and see the effects of such in the game)

Send two of the crew not being our pilot to fix the engine, warp out of here as fast as possible, when oxygen returns to "not damaging to crew members" levels, close all the inside doors.

Blaze17145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2013, 08:47:55 pm »

Brood has a day.

Blaze17145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2013, 04:49:34 pm »

I gave Brood way more time than necessary. He's booted. Cheeecake has 3 days to make a move. I've PM'd him.

Blaze17145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2013, 04:12:03 pm »

Too late cheesecake. HighEndNoob?

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2013, 06:39:12 pm »

-Man Stations:
>Ty'rok: Man Pilots Station
>Jacob: Man Engine Room
>Craig: Man Shield Station
>Janet: Man Weapons Station
-Power up Shields, Weapons, Artillery Laser, Engine, and Medbay.
-Check the map to see what beacons are nearby, then jump to the closest one.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Blaze17145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2013, 09:17:57 am »

TURN 4

scientist
[4]: You launch the Ion and it disables the shield systems. Your attack drone is able to deal 3 hull damage before they come back up. The ship now has 2 shields and 5 hull. It fires a beam at you, which is absorbed by your shield.
SHIP: The Cutlass (Engi Cruiser)
HULL: 19
CREW: Osborn (Human M), Jack (Engi), Nathan (Engi).
INVENTORY: Scrap-0, Fuel-14, Missiles-0, Drone-14, Engi Med-bot Dispersal, Ion Blast II, Anti-Ship Drone I.
NOTES:

Xanmyral
[5]: You manage to put out all the flames and do everything you instructed the crew, and escape without any further harm to the ship! You warm into a beacon where a federation ship is being chased by a mantis ship! What do you do?

SHIP: She's One Of Ours, Sir (Kestrel Cruiser)
HULL: 29
CREW: Anton Gates (Human M), Derrick Holland (Human M), Oliver Cross (Human M).
INVENTORY: Scrap-30, Fuel-8, Missiles-8, Drone-0, Artemis, Blast Laser II
NOTES:

Greenstar
[2]: You warp to the distress signal...to find it a trap! A waiting pirate launches a precharged Hermes missile and deals 3 hull damage, knocking out your sensors.

SHIP: The Nightmare (Stealth Cruiser)
HULL: 27
CREW: Alexander (Human M), Phoebe (Human F), Ross (Human M).
INVENTORY: Scrap-18, Fuel-12, Missiles-0, Drone-0, Titanium System Casing, Long-Range Scanners, Mini Beam, Dual Lasers.
NOTES:

kj1225
[6]: You head to the shop that is conveniently right next to your beacon. They offer hull repair, the basic fuel, missile, and drone part supplies, as well as selling slaves and a Crew Teleporter and Cloaking Device.

SHIP: The Borg Cube (Engi Cruiser)
HULL: 26
CREW: Atreyu (Human M), Ohm (Human F), Notch (Human F).
INVENTORY: Scrap-30, Fuel-10, Missiles-0, Drone-15, Engi Med-bot Dispersal, Ion Blast II, Anti-Ship Drone I.
NOTES:

HighEndNoob
[1]: There's a distress signal and store of equal distance from here.

SHIP: The Western Justice (Federation Cruiser)
HULL: 30
CREW: Janet Smith (Human F), Ty'rok (Mantis), Craig (Rockman), Jacob (Engi).
INVENTORY: Scrap-37, Fuel-16, Missiles-5, Drone-2, Titanium System Casing, Artillery Beam, Burst Laser II.
NOTES:

Oh my god apparently scientist's ship DOES have a medbay. I need to do more research. I'm sorry :(

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2013, 10:40:02 am »

OH YOU ASSHOLES!

FIRE ALL THE WEAPONS.

Specifically, Dual Lazor their Shields, and Mini-Beam across as much area as possible, as long as it includes the Weapons Area.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2013, 12:14:29 pm »

Unleash hell on the Mantis ship without provocation, warning, or really anything of that kind. They're obviously the people in the wrong, because the Federation, and humans, can never be wrong unlike those filthy aliens.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4