Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If I made a different game (This won't die off unless people stop playing) would you play it?

Yes,
- 4 (57.1%)
No, I will tell you why in a PM
- 0 (0%)
It depends on what it's about I'll ask about that in a PM
- 1 (14.3%)
I couldn't give two shits!
- 2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21

Author Topic: Modern magi (I'm in need of like three more mages!)  (Read 13055 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Modern magi
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 08:48:55 pm »

That would be my second choice, though you have a bias because it's the closest to serving an eldritch horror. Telekinesis can't invoke the power of PAIN and through that insanity though. I envision giant blood golems which were once our enemies and have been manipulated through constant pain to become monstrous rage-filled abominations who only wish to end their existance while punching as many things' chests through their hearts as possible on the way.
If precise enough, we can set off the nervous systems in our enemies. Total pain.
I may be slightly biased in that I think telekenisis is the coolest power, but that's because blood magic needs blood to work. Telekenisis just needs anything.
Setting off nerves just isn't as good as torturing our enemies to death in the messiest way possible. And it doesn't have slitting our wrists and causing the blood to rapidly undergo nuclear decay.
Why? Debate is probably the most essential element of a good suggestion game. The fact that we're arguing means we care about the choice and are relating our view on the topic before coming to a decision together. Overall it leads to better suggestions and a better game experience.
Been reading too many debates
This always.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2013, 08:49:16 pm »

By the way blood magic means all blood, everywhere all the time. You can see it anywhere, control it everywhere... and at last level you get complete control over it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2013, 08:51:01 pm »

That would be my second choice, though you have a bias because it's the closest to serving an eldritch horror. Telekinesis can't invoke the power of PAIN and through that insanity though. I envision giant blood golems which were once our enemies and have been manipulated through constant pain to become monstrous rage-filled abominations who only wish to end their existance while punching as many things' chests through their hearts as possible on the way.
If precise enough, we can set off the nervous systems in our enemies. Total pain.
I may be slightly biased in that I think telekenisis is the coolest power, but that's because blood magic needs blood to work. Telekenisis just needs anything.
Setting off nerves just isn't as good as torturing our enemies to death in the messiest way possible. And it doesn't have slitting our wrists and causing the blood to rapidly undergo nuclear decay.
Why? Debate is probably the most essential element of a good suggestion game. The fact that we're arguing means we care about the choice and are relating our view on the topic before coming to a decision together. Overall it leads to better suggestions and a better game experience.
Been reading too many debates
This always.
As in I've been reading too many debates over which fictional entity would win in a fight and thus I spout off debate-style points whenever I'm arguing anything and yeah. ANYHOW, let's stop discussing me and get back to the game!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2013, 08:52:47 pm »

3b. What happens when we meet a bloodless construct? Or an object that is too heavy to lift with our mind?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2013, 08:56:31 pm »

I'm going to edit the options, some of them are to good.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2013, 09:01:31 pm »

I'm sticking with 3b. Summoning demons since before time began.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2013, 09:04:38 pm »

And my derp comes to fruition :P
In that case, I'll vote blood mage.
Sig! Onol

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2013, 09:09:36 pm »

So, two blood mage and on summoner? I think I can pull some strings to make us all happy... anyways while I'm making calls figure out the poor sods name.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2013, 09:14:40 pm »

Bill. For the contrast.

If we're a blood mage with summoning skills, does that m,ean we get to summon blood?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2013, 09:15:02 pm »

Billan. For the contrast.

If we're a blood mage with summoning skills, does that m,ean we get to summon blood?
Sig! Onol

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2013, 09:36:04 pm »

Billiania. For the contrast.

Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2013, 09:41:35 pm »

Okay my buddy agreed, since your interested the blood magic and summoning are completely seperat. Yes we can summon blood but we don't have to.

So we'er going to be helping Billy? Okay, by the way what does the mage look like?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2013, 10:04:28 pm »

They wear a regal gown
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2013, 10:05:07 pm »

They wear a regal gown
Usual magey type - tall, sallow, thin, lanky, sneering.
Sig! Onol

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2013, 10:10:40 pm »

What rock have you been under for the past century?
People don't wear those any more, and if you rotters say magey again I'll leave you in Tartarus with Chronos.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21