Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: P&P RPG games [DISCUSSION]  (Read 958 times)

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
P&P RPG games [DISCUSSION]
« on: April 25, 2013, 01:21:21 am »

I looked around for threads that are for general P&P Rpgs in this board and the last one was over 2 years ago. I know from looking that a good amount play those kinds of games, but there's not much on that area of gamming on this forum.

So with that I would like to start a thread on P&P RPG's for any that are commonly known to the fringe types, along with what you hate and love about certain rules or play styles. Yes I know the real point of RPG's is not how the rules allow you to make the most munchkin character, but to work out how the dice play into the ROLEplay. With that I would also like to have the discussion work with different Universes/worlds too.

Hey I could be dooming another created thread (if so I'll delete it), or finally have something for a curious Bay 12'ver to find an RPG he/she would like to dive into.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: P&P RPG games [DISCUSSION]
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 01:24:43 am »

Forum Games is perhaps more apt for this.  Though, I'm running a Pathfinder game of sorts on Other Games.  I'm also pondering over the rules to my own tabletop.  It'll be space themed, ship-focused...

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 05:27:30 am »

I created an P&P-RPG thread in this forum here, but it was intended for format discussion - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123246.msg4053725#msg4053725 - it may meet some of your requirements.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 10:33:02 am »

Forum Games is perhaps more apt for this.  Though, I'm running a Pathfinder game of sorts on Other Games.  I'm also pondering over the rules to my own tabletop.  It'll be space themed, ship-focused...

Forum Games is for running and discussing playable games, not for discussing general P&P rulesets.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 11:15:37 am »

See, it's confusing.  I've been suggested to both boards.