Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creating natural walls using DFhack  (Read 8312 times)

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Creating natural walls using DFhack
« on: April 24, 2013, 12:21:10 pm »

Can I create non obsidian natural walls using DFhack.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Creating natural walls using DFhack
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 01:55:58 pm »

don't think so
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 02:52:56 pm »

Yes you can - use the "tiletypes" utility and you can paint walls made of any "type" of material you want - soil, layer stone, mineral stone (veins/clusters), lava stone (obsidian), frozen liquid (ice), or map feature stone (adamantine).

Do note, though, that only soil, layer stone, and lava stone can be safely painted "anywhere" - the others require additional memory structures to be present in order for it to work (i.e. a mineral event, a frozen liquid event, or a map feature). Furthermore, you cannot specify which soil or layer stone to paint - you only get whatever the surrounding layer is made of.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 04:58:56 pm »

DFhack liquids command can also be used to directly create obsidian walls or floors.

It's a bit simpler to use then the Tiletypes command.

Also I can`t read.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 05:16:17 pm by Crashmaster »

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 05:08:51 pm »

Yes you can - use the "tiletypes" utility and you can paint walls made of any "type" of material you want - soil, layer stone, mineral stone (veins/clusters), lava stone (obsidian), frozen liquid (ice), or map feature stone (adamantine).

Do note, though, that only soil, layer stone, and lava stone can be safely painted "anywhere" - the others require additional memory structures to be present in order for it to work (i.e. a mineral event, a frozen liquid event, or a map feature). Furthermore, you cannot specify which soil or layer stone to paint - you only get whatever the surrounding layer is made of.
Can you explain a bit more.

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 01:01:24 pm »

You can change the tiletype with lua to create any natural stone wall. However, that's significantly more involved than using the tiletypes utility. Probably lots of potential bugs, too. How much do you really care?