Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25

Author Topic: National LCS Revisited (4.07.4 Beta Release!)  (Read 107218 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: National LCS Revisited (4.07.3 Beta Release!)
« Reply #165 on: July 01, 2013, 04:46:46 pm »

First time encountering this, but the Car Salesperson I recruited in LA apparently works for the dealership in Seattle. Maybe they were on vacation?
Maybe they got transferred?  There must be at least one automotive group with offices in both LA and Seattle.   :P

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 02, 2013, 01:26:07 am »

Don't know if anyone else encountered this, but deciding to disband and wait completely crashes this version.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

TheGrifter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 02, 2013, 10:57:39 pm »

Is the President Missingno glitch fixed? Last time I checked, it was a bit dodgy.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #168 on: July 03, 2013, 12:28:01 am »

Is the President Missingno glitch fixed? Last time I checked, it was a bit dodgy.

The only President feature that should be fixed is the absence of the Oval Office itself. I haven't released an update otherwise.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 03, 2013, 12:21:13 pm »

Can sneak attacks hit by-standers?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 03, 2013, 05:38:49 pm »

Can sneak attacks hit by-standers?

I don't think so.

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 05, 2013, 05:20:27 pm »

2 Bugs
Bug 1: CEO name is like []][][[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]][[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ and it breaks the screen more or less.
Bug 2: Disband and wait crashes the game
Once you Iron out the bugs, this does look like it could be quite the update.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 05:45:32 pm by TinFoilTopHat »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 05, 2013, 06:56:43 pm »

Huh, that's weird. The president in that version seems to be replaced by a CEO like you find in the mansion.

Does this happen with the 4.07.3a download for you? I'm not able to reproduce this; I get a named character of the Politician type.

First time encountering this, but the Car Salesperson I recruited in LA apparently works for the dealership in Seattle. Maybe they were on vacation?

Hm. Correct behavior would have been if the Car Salesperson worked at the dealership in the Seaport Area of LA.

Probably relevant: How did you recruit the car salesperson?

Major bug: after going to the Oval office the first time, when everything seemed to be in order, during subsequent break-ins it seems that the President was succeeded by the world-famous politician mr. Missingno.

To be specific: when I enter the Oval Office tile, NPCs present are two Secret Service agents and an NPC whose name consists of a long string of white 'tile' characters (think DF's Chalk Wall symbol) and ending in a Dwarf symbol. Once the agents are dead, he cannot be attacked anymore and he does not bleed out no matter how long I wait.

What happened the first time you went to the oval office that led to this? The closest I've come to reproducing this is that if you kidnap the President, his "proper name" isn't initialized, so you get blank or garbage on the screen that prompts you to give them a name. I've fixed this. I have not been able to get garbage to display in the oval office itself.

Related: Testing shows you can clone the President by kidnapping him repeatedly. You get the exact same person over and over again. This can cause logical distortions that result in the fabric of reality tearing itself apart. Also known as the game crashing.

Don't know if anyone else encountered this, but deciding to disband and wait completely crashes this version.

Thanks, I was able to reproduce this, identify the issue, and fix the code.

Bug 1: CEO name is like []][][[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]][[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ and it breaks the screen more or less.

On testing, my CEO was named "CEO Joe Gillinger" or something like that. Can you tell me more? Was this only post recruitment or something like that?

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 05, 2013, 07:58:43 pm »

Nope, I got to the mansion, the CEO was in his study, I got to him, and then we had [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]][][][][[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]][[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]][[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][][][][[[[[[[[[]][][[][[]]]]]]]][[ as his name. I wasn't sure what exactly to do. Also he did all those things that the characters do when they've been hurt.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 05, 2013, 08:34:09 pm »

Huh, that's weird. The president in that version seems to be replaced by a CEO like you find in the mansion.

Hm. Correct behavior would have been if the Car Salesperson worked at the dealership in the Seaport Area of LA.

Met him in the park and made plans to meet up later.
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 06, 2013, 07:10:37 am »

I've found a similar bug.  When I recruit gang members with a member in DC via the liberal activity recruitment, the possible recruits are also located in Seattle.  It appears everyone recruits from Seattle.

Related: DC has no crackhouse, which I find odd as certain neighborhoods in DC are really sketchy.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 06, 2013, 07:31:37 am »

Related: DC has no crackhouse, which I find odd as certain neighborhoods in DC are really sketchy.

To add to the lack of crackhouses, I've noticed that fire stations have been removed from National LCS entirely? I'm hoping this wasn't deliberate, as now I've got no easy place to recruit firefighters and priests...
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 06, 2013, 09:55:02 am »

Does this happen with the 4.07.3a download for you? I'm not able to reproduce this; I get a named character of the Politician type.

Major bug: after going to the Oval office the first time, when everything seemed to be in order, during subsequent break-ins it seems that the President was succeeded by the world-famous politician mr. Missingno.

To be specific: when I enter the Oval Office tile, NPCs present are two Secret Service agents and an NPC whose name consists of a long string of white 'tile' characters (think DF's Chalk Wall symbol) and ending in a Dwarf symbol. Once the agents are dead, he cannot be attacked anymore and he does not bleed out no matter how long I wait.

What happened the first time you went to the oval office that led to this? The closest I've come to reproducing this is that if you kidnap the President, his "proper name" isn't initialized, so you get blank or garbage on the screen that prompts you to give them a name. I've fixed this. I have not been able to get garbage to display in the oval office itself.

On testing, my CEO was named "CEO Joe Gillinger" or something like that. Can you tell me more? Was this only post recruitment or something like that?

Apparently, the three issues are somehow related. My President's name shows up like TinFoil's CEO name (as in, [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] ending in Urist face), and if CEO can for some reason replace the President, too... Which is pretty weird, I don't imagine you added anything that would link the two character types.

The first time I went to Oval Office... it will be a bit tricky to tell, since I save-scummed. It was either a break-in with a single character, my founder, without any weapons, alert not raised, OR an armed raid during which my crack team of random schmucks broke in, killed the Secret Service agents and wounded the president, who managed to crawl off. Any subsequent raid on the Oval Office had the President Missingno.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 06, 2013, 11:12:53 am »

I happened to stumble upon some fishy looking lines of code yesterday, or the day before that, that I guess is your problem. At least it was for me, but I didn't get garbage for CEO and president. They just didn't appear after restarting two times. Anyway, I've commited a fix.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 06, 2013, 02:26:23 pm »

I happened to stumble upon some fishy looking lines of code yesterday, or the day before that, that I guess is your problem. At least it was for me, but I didn't get garbage for CEO and president. They just didn't appear after restarting two times. Anyway, I've commited a fix.

Thank you! Seeing the fix, this should address the Missingno President/CEO, CEO in the oval office, things like that. I can see why I wasn't able to reproduce the issue; it only happened after saving and loading.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25