Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25

Author Topic: National LCS Revisited (4.07.4 Beta Release!)  (Read 107202 times)

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
Re: National LCS Revisited (4.07.3 Beta Release!)
« Reply #150 on: June 29, 2013, 04:42:23 pm »

I didn't have a problem with the blue text, but I have to say, the cyan is a LOT easier on the eyes.
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #151 on: June 29, 2013, 04:57:19 pm »

New download with the police survival instincts and free money debug settings disabled:

http://www.jonathansfox.com/LCS/lcs_win32_4.07.3a.zip

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 29, 2013, 05:10:20 pm »

New download with the police survival instincts and free money debug settings disabled:

What about the problems with the president? I was having them too. The alarm wasn't raised, and the Oval Office simply didn't have anything special in it. No text or anything, just an oval shaped room.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 29, 2013, 06:40:46 pm »

What about the problems with the president? I was having them too. The alarm wasn't raised, and the Oval Office simply didn't have anything special in it. No text or anything, just an oval shaped room.

That should be fixed in this version, and also the previous one; I made an unnamed update that included a fix for that.

Edit: That is specifically the problem with the Oval Office special text/event not appearing. Other issues with the President will have to wait until I have time to work on the game and fix more bugs. Thank you to everyone who reported bugs! Please let me know about any other issues you run into so that I can fix them, too.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 07:28:31 pm by Jonathan S. Fox »

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 29, 2013, 07:26:07 pm »

That should be fixed in this version, and also the previous one; I made an unnamed update that included a fix for that.

Huh, that's weird. The president in that version seems to be replaced by a CEO like you find in the mansion.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 29, 2013, 07:30:31 pm »

Huh, that's weird. The president in that version seems to be replaced by a CEO like you find in the mansion.

That is really strange. With as many and as varied as the issues I'm hearing about are, you would think I hadn't tested it. But I did. And it was working earlier.

Well, I'll get this stuff sorted eventually. :P

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 29, 2013, 09:29:31 pm »

- Chance of accidentally hitting bystanders with guns reduced to 1%. Melee attacks now also have an equal chance of hitting bystanders.

I'm gonna miss accidentally alienating people because my squad is playing with guns (aka using firearms without any skill).  It was a nice bit of irony: For the liberals, it reinforces that guns are evil.  For the conservatives, it reinforces that guns shouldn't be used by those who don't know how to use them properly.

No biggie though, as 1% is still a lot for most games.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 29, 2013, 09:38:38 pm »

- Chance of accidentally hitting bystanders with guns reduced to 1%. Melee attacks now also have an equal chance of hitting bystanders.

I'm gonna miss accidentally alienating people because my squad is playing with guns (aka using firearms without any skill).  It was a nice bit of irony: For the liberals, it reinforces that guns are evil.  For the conservatives, it reinforces that guns shouldn't be used by those who don't know how to use them properly.

No biggie though, as 1% is still a lot for most games.

The main thing is that I didn't want to make melee a dominant strategy because of the chance of hitting bystanders, and I felt that the negative feeling of having a stray shot hit a bystander was pretty strong and outweighed the coolness of it. So I did two* things:

1. Made it less common.
2. Made melee attacks share the same small chance of hitting a bystander (because, really, waving swords around in public is dangerous too)
3. Reduced the consequences of rampages.

I think now rampages have 1/4 the public opinion impact, instead of reversing the impact. Basically, I want to make it not feel like the entire mission was a waste because of a single bad luck roll.

*Counting lessons. Back to preschool for me.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 11:43:07 pm by Jonathan S. Fox »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 29, 2013, 09:53:48 pm »

Yeah, I agree that waving swords around is dangerous too.

Hm, making rampages still positively effect public opinion should make the CCS far more effective, if it works the same for them as for us.  It's also nice to know that rampages don't reverse impact, as it isn't just a single bad luck roll that causes them: I often trigger rampages because I hit the wrong key, or was lock picking/destroying objects too fast to notice the bystanders.  Having to fight my way out, and possibly lose the squad, while knowing that everything I do is only hurting the cause is a real bummer.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the misfires, as they are the result of a system that allows quick movement through the levels, which is nice and preferable to a safety-switch system.

Main reason I'm posting is that I just saw the new animations, and love them!

EDIT: Dunno if mentioned, but SMG + Police Body Armor causes everyone to notice the squad's weapons.  I believe the combo should hide the weapons, at least at Arch-Conservative everything where I'm playing.

Nachodsk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 30, 2013, 02:42:38 pm »

I don't find a proper word to describe this update.. IS SOO NICE! :D

I love to go from one city to another! many new locations! it's really nice, thanks Fox! :)

Lenin_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 30, 2013, 10:52:01 pm »

The game crashes when I go home after convincing the president to talk with me later.

TheGrifter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 30, 2013, 11:09:50 pm »

When the Dev fixes it, this update is gonna be awesome. What happens if you get a sleeper president?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 01, 2013, 04:03:22 am »

Major bug: after going to the Oval office the first time, when everything seemed to be in order, during subsequent break-ins it seems that the President was succeeded by the world-famous politician mr. Missingno.

To be specific: when I enter the Oval Office tile, NPCs present are two Secret Service agents and an NPC whose name consists of a long string of white 'tile' characters (think DF's Chalk Wall symbol) and ending in a Dwarf symbol. Once the agents are dead, he cannot be attacked anymore and he does not bleed out no matter how long I wait.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 01, 2013, 08:54:04 am »

First time encountering this, but the Car Salesperson I recruited in LA apparently works for the dealership in Seattle. Maybe they were on vacation?
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 01, 2013, 10:55:32 am »

New bug, every time you try to recruit someone through the activation menu and you get a conservative, you get the Bluff/Intimidate/Threaten Hostages/Surrender menu. This only starts after the first time you engage in combat, but it always happens after that.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25