Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: (ISG) Divine Malevolence [Tree House of the Ninja]  (Read 19724 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Divine Malevolence [And The Coins Just Watched Them Do It, Too]
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2013, 04:58:38 pm »

Quick! Turn into blank space beofre he sees you!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2013, 05:34:15 pm »

Dammit, he's awake. Cheese it! Run back to your terrible dark corner or whatever and pretend none of this ever happened before he turns around.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2013, 07:59:27 pm »

+1, if we can. If we can't
Dammit, he's awake. Cheese it! Run back to your terrible dark corner or whatever and pretend none of this ever happened before he turns around.
And if that fails, we were just passing through.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2013, 02:13:38 am »

Pretend to have been stalking him. Use our latent seductiveness to make him slowly give us everything.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2013, 06:26:56 am »

+1, if we can. If we can't
And if that fails, we were just passing through.
"Turn into blank space?" You can't just vanish on command in the middle of someone else's domain.

You also can't flee faster than he can turn around.

"WRETCHED MEDDLING CUR! WHAT ARE YOU UP TO THIS TIME?!"

Which doesn't mean you can't flee and pretend this never happened.

Pretend to have been stalking him. Use our latent seductiveness to make him slowly give us everything.
This appears to be very latent at the moment.

So. Back to Square Zero, it seems. Square One probably being not letting them know you're snooping around before you decide what exactly you're snooping for.

Sneaking another peek (mainly to find out if magicface followed you), you notice that the coast seems clear... except that it looks like the dumbs are holding a meeting of some sort. You'll bet magicface ratted you out and now they're standing around laughing at you.

You doubt trying to deal with them all at once like that would end well, but they'll probably be done soon if you had business with any of them alone. Unless they plan on actually making or doing something right now, in which case they'll still probably be done soon, just not as soon.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Divine Malevolence [Not Invited]
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2013, 07:07:21 am »

Try to listen on what they're saying. When you get close enough, whisper threatening discrepencies to them in an obviously fake falsetto voice.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2013, 10:59:15 am »

Wait, if they're holding a meeting, that means their plans and stuff are both lying around. Completely unattended, presumably. Ripe for examination and possible theft, so to speak.

So get on with the examination and theft already! Take something highly important from whatshisname's place and plant it in magicface's den while you're at it. That is, if they have places at all.

If they don't, just eavesdrop on the meeting.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2013, 11:54:18 am »

Wait, if they're holding a meeting, that means their plans and stuff are both lying around. Completely unattended, presumably. Ripe for examination and possible theft, so to speak.

So get on with the examination and theft already! Take something highly important from whatshisname's place and plant it in magicface's den while you're at it. That is, if they have places at all.

I know a good plan when I see one.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2013, 03:21:22 pm »

Try to listen on what they're saying. When you get close enough, whisper threatening discrepencies to them in an obviously fake falsetto voice.
Sig! Onol

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2013, 01:53:41 am »

It doesn't work that way.

Plans are an innate result of something's presence- more like hearing them murmur as they work than picking up something they dropped. As a result, Plans move with their owner unless they have a strong residual presence in a region for some reason.

Now, if they had proper, long-term domains, deeply stained by their presence, then that shadow of themselves could result in Plans as well. But as it stands, you don't think you're going to get anything out of visiting where they were a few moments ago.

That'll be tricky with all of them there...

...but you would get to hear what they're scheming about.

"Well, we certainly can't have him ruining everything. Let's just go ahead and not worry about the little things."
"Easy for you to say, you got everything you wanted."
"That doesn't change his point, though. You don't know you're unhappy with your exceptional boon, do you?"
"And that's the other thing! Why is half of everything magic?! We should have... maybe Piety, or..."
"One third of everything is magic, in the same way that one third is physical. The remaining third is neutral."
*grumble grumble*
"Ahem, I am a bit... concerned about this instability, though. I do wish to move things along, but... well, I'm deeply concerned that we don't wind up with problems later by being in a hurry now."
"I'm more concerned that we figure out what we're going to do with it. If we can change things after the fact, are we going to do so on a regular basis? That could make for interesting mixups, don't you think?"
"I don't think we should change things just because, but it will be handy to be able to fix things, yes.

...did you hear something?"

((50/50 roll: Just barely nope))

"Hmph! Back for more trouble, eh?"
"You."
"You."
"Oh dear."
"Knew it. I knew it! See, snooping about already. Has to be done."
"Great."

Oops.

"Threatening discrepancies?"

"Um, the thing... doesn't match the other thing... or else."

You actually don't know of any discrepancies.

"Get out now and go away. We're busy and you're in the way."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Divine Malevolence [About As Well As Expected]
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2013, 08:35:50 am »

Explain that such hostility is entirely unwarranted and, moreover, quite unfair to you. I mean, they're all doing something presumably important, and you're getting excluded from all of it. You, who is mostly their equal in power and probably entitled to at least some information on what's happening. Dammit, you wouldn't behave this way if they didn't act so dismissively toward you! How are you supposed to avoid snooping if everybody tries to keep you in the dark? Literally, one might say.

I mean, sure, you may have done something they do not entirely like, but who's to say that you don't have any interesting ideas and cannot contribute absolutely anything to a creative process? Your differences with the rest are to be appreciated, as conflicting beliefs breed refinement of ideas and a more complete perspective on what's happening. Not to mention that having seven entities rather than six makes voting much more efficient and eliminates any possibility of a tie!

So yeah, the other entities should totally at least let you participate in these things, if not decide anything important until you have proven yourself to be a valued member of the team.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 08:37:46 am by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2013, 09:03:24 am »

If they don't accept the above, grab the Plans and run away, yelling "SUCKER"
Sig! Onol

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2013, 09:08:40 am »

The hell did you do to them anyway? I mean, yeah, we hate them but what have we actually done to make them hate us?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2013, 04:01:07 pm »

Explain that such hostility is entirely unwarranted and, moreover, quite unfair to you. I mean, they're all doing something presumably important, and you're getting excluded from all of it. You, who is mostly their equal in power and probably entitled to at least some information on what's happening. Dammit, you wouldn't behave this way if they didn't act so dismissively toward you! How are you supposed to avoid snooping if everybody tries to keep you in the dark? Literally, one might say.

I mean, sure, you may have done something they do not entirely like, but who's to say that you don't have any interesting ideas and cannot contribute absolutely anything to a creative process? Your differences with the rest are to be appreciated, as conflicting beliefs breed refinement of ideas and a more complete perspective on what's happening. Not to mention that having seven entities rather than six makes voting much more efficient and eliminates any possibility of a tie!

So yeah, the other entities should totally at least let you participate in these things, if not decide anything important until you have proven yourself to be a valued member of the team.

+1^29589302
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2013, 05:17:46 pm »

+1^29589302
+2^(2346544324864234538534-2346544324864234538533)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10