Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: E.Ψ.Ǝ: Divine Cybermancy - Addon Released  (Read 2585 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
E.Ψ.Ǝ: Divine Cybermancy - Addon Released
« on: April 23, 2013, 11:04:38 am »

The E.Y.E: Blood Games expansion is released! It includes the PVP, 4 new solo/coop levels and fixes to the game. To celebrate the release of the expansion E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy will be 50% off until April 29th.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and the changelog;

So anyone up to hang around in totally not warhammer40k universe?
I played the whole thing for nearly 60 hours and don't regret it a bit (yes, I unlocked the "final" ending the hard way).

You can find it on steam and here; http://streumon-studio.com/

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: E.Ψ.Ǝ: Divine Cybermancy - Addon Released
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 11:11:06 am »

Its free?  That's kinda cool.  E.Y.E was one of those odd games where when I bought it I thought I was really going to like it, then when I started playing it I thought I was going to hate it, but then I played it more and really liked it again.  :) 

I never did understand the game though.

I guess I'll reinstall it.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 11:14:53 am »

Real Spoiler, Spoiler;

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 11:19:11 am »

Real Spoiler, Spoiler;

Hehe, that's okay.  The gameplay was fun enough that the story didn't matter too much to me.  For some reason I found the shooting REALLY satisfying in that game. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 02:50:31 pm »

Oh, awesome! I didn't get the FINAL ending but I really enjoyed this game. Great atmosphere, lots of options tackling challenges, mostly solid gunplay, it was a blast. Not totally polished, but fun nonetheless. This gives me an excuse to install it again and try the multiplayer (never bothered with co-op). It'll be interesting to see how the PVP turns out, if I recall correctly weapon and build balance was not actually the strong point of the game. I hope it's not just a bunch of people running around with the heavy sniper rifle...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 02:56:19 pm »

I failed the first mission because the game is designed as well as all piss.  Mainly, enemies will aggro on you from beyond the sight range of a scoped sniper rifle.  This made all attempts at play impossible as the entire map rushed me as soon as I rounded a corner.

I want to enjoy the game, but stealth is impossible by any means and front fighting is difficult at best.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 03:13:47 pm »

Girlinhat - stay with it for a mission or two and grab the cloak upgrade, it's what allows stealth in most of its traditional forms. The Tech vendor sells it : )

I'm also up for playing a bit with whoever wants some seriously overpowered fella to tag along for coop; Ov3rm1nd on steam (hey, don't judge).

Plus the wiki really helps; http://eyedivinecybermancy.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 03:15:40 pm by ThtblovesDF »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 03:16:15 pm »

I failed the first mission because the game is designed as well as all piss.  Mainly, enemies will aggro on you from beyond the sight range of a scoped sniper rifle.  This made all attempts at play impossible as the entire map rushed me as soon as I rounded a corner.

I want to enjoy the game, but stealth is impossible by any means and front fighting is difficult at best.

Yeah, I think I had a similar problem too, especially with the horrid fog effects that the game likes. The solution, as far as I can tell, was to stick to cover as much as possible, and use Shadow Clones as much as possible. It's like summoning a squad at the touch of a button. Those things saved my ass more times than I can count. Once I figured out that you can convert equipment into health, it was smooth sailing. Well until the mission where those helicopter things started spawning and I needed to ditch my hand cannon for that heavy sniper rifle. Fuck that mission...

Actually I don't think I ever got past that point. Now I might have a good excuse to...

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 03:47:21 pm »

You can hack some helicopters, but the large sniper will also solve the issue.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 06:22:42 pm »

The large sniper isn't a sniper at all, more like a rifle with its odd scope. The Bear Killer will also take down a gunship in two shots. Both are ridiculously heavy though.

Honestly, aside from that particular mission you could cruise through the game with the Deprezador; its ability to retain damage over long range is insane.

Is it even possible to stealth the first mission? I cloaked, crouched, and walked towards the area where the bandit assassination target was and I still got the "You've been spotted" message.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 06:30:48 pm by Blaze »

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 10:23:30 pm »

It was a royal pain, but I managed it. What you have to do is snipe them out with a silences sniper rifle or hack them from around corners and such without them seeing you. Then when they're all out of the way you can make a break for it.

It's really not worth it though.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 08:14:53 am »

Oh, no, as far as I can tell its impossible. I'm quite able to do the whole mission cloaked, but it won't work because at a certain point it just triggers or they see your npc ally. It's not a stealth game, but you could finish quite a lot of levels while hacking everything to fight for you... It's not "in the grim dark future... there is no fighting cause ya so stealthy", more "You're a sneaky git, so you get to shot first!"

azurelao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2013, 04:36:12 pm »

Was wondering if anyone here could help.

I started to play this game again after having uninstalled it a long time ago. I got to the New Eden level at around 6. The big update happened after that.

Now, whenever I try to progress through the story, my character keeps getting reset. Say, if I get to level 9 in New Eden with several unlocks and researched items, and get to the next level, I'll start that mission at level 6 with none of my unlocks or research.

Also,
-sv_cheats is set to 0
-The game is set to run as admin

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2013, 05:07:02 pm »

I freaking love this game. It's a piece of shit sometimes, but generally it's awesome.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2013, 10:02:38 pm »

I guess I need to give this another try. I played a bit when it released but it just seemed buggy and weird. Plus I couldn't understand a damn thing going on.

hrmmm...
I got nothing
Pages: [1] 2