Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Ancient Games Thread: Let Us Revel In Nostalgia  (Read 7853 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ancient Games Thread: Let Us Revel In Nostalgia
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2013, 09:34:38 pm »

Yeah, I've played it.

Here's the wiki.  I just searched "Stars 4X game" =)  I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for if you do that.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2013, 10:00:53 pm »

Yeah, I've played it.

Yes! Thanks. I've looked for this thing many times without any luck. I hope it is as good as I remember it.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2013, 12:07:16 am »

Star control, cause nothing smells fresh than the gas bags

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2013, 12:44:32 am »

MSX had some really fun games; that hockey game where there was 3 archetype players (big and strong, tall and fast, short and good with stick), Who dares Wins (commando clone), Jet Set Willy, and Head over Heels... Most were Nintendo hard and most had some really disturbing imagery (at least in 5 yr old's mind)... Then there was cousin's C64 clone that had Black vs White, and the Flintstones. Later on, along came A500 and Sensible Soccer that's still The Soccer game (really, all others haven't been even close) and NES with Metal Gear and Mega Man series. Oh the times.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]