Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Might & Magic X  (Read 3552 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Might & Magic X
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2013, 09:47:07 am »

Then there is Wizardry which is 100% fantasy cookie with a secret existentialism center.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2013, 05:43:14 pm »

Would I be correct in saying that M&M9 was easily the worst of the whole series, if so surely devs of this cannot be oblivious to its failings.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2013, 11:25:02 am »

Would I be correct in saying that M&M9 was easily the worst of the whole series,
Yes.
if so surely devs of this cannot be oblivious to its failings.
No.
 The current developers can be oblivious to a whole lot of things; anything from all the details of the previous games to most points and principals of good game design. [Insert a day passing here.]
 Anyway, I tried to figure out who they are, and get an idea of what they're trying to do, but despite quite a lot of "Opendev Blog" postings, "Dev chat"s, and a some fan feedback polls, there is relatively little solid information available. Luckily, if you go through the blog/news postings far enough you eventually find postings on individual people, and it turns out some of them do remember the history of the series, and at least two of them still replay parts occasionally. (The one for the lead designer isn't quite so low on information, even if still brief.)
 They are also apparently part of a developing company called "Limbic Entertainment" that's only done generic (facebook?) games until now, and doesn't even have its own wiki article.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.
Pages: 1 2 [3]