Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24

Author Topic: Star bound [giveaway] Finished! Now about generating luck  (Read 24884 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star bound [giveaway] 21 copies! Second chance for glory
« Reply #225 on: April 25, 2013, 01:40:01 pm »

Not to be rude or anything, but posting that in an in-progress contest thread is just going to lead to confusion, and as far as I can tell, the runner of this contest hasn't even said he'd like to use that. I'd probably suggest pming him about it, though I would still suggest not using it for a contest where it wasn't announced at the beggining.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 25, 2013, 01:58:42 pm »

While I laud any attempt to simplify these giveaways, a web app or google doc does not simplify it since the accounts have to be manually verified to ensure that their account age meets the requirements of the contest.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 25, 2013, 02:03:07 pm »

No thank you :p it would be way to much hassle at this point with already 200+ people who are wanting a copy just not worth it sorting everything out already will be bad let alone having to look and check on 2 different things. Also the problem with a google doc is that anyone could join even a spam bot or hundreds of them.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 25, 2013, 02:08:07 pm »

okay fine. Vactor, edit out the link in your quote.

Jimmitheking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 25, 2013, 02:21:27 pm »

I lost track of Starbound, didnt even know they started the pre-orders :D

I'm IN.

Also note to my above-neightbor, nice pic, those really used to screw my lab AND the station afterward.
"I’m waiting for “Sausage Factory Worker 2011: Conveyor Belt Controller Edition”"
That's soon to come, im sure of that!

Just Cause 2 is like if Spiderman joined Al'queda.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 25, 2013, 02:29:52 pm »

With 151 participants(including Jimmitheking) and 21 prizes, each person who in'ed currently has a 13.9% chance of getting a copy.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 25, 2013, 02:35:36 pm »

With 151 participants(including Jimmitheking) and 21 prizes, each person who in'ed currently has a 13.9% chance of getting a copy.

Did you just count all the participants 0.o

Jimmitheking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 25, 2013, 02:37:26 pm »

He just made up a statistic.
I dont really think counting the participent is a problem for him...
"I’m waiting for “Sausage Factory Worker 2011: Conveyor Belt Controller Edition”"
That's soon to come, im sure of that!

Just Cause 2 is like if Spiderman joined Al'queda.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 25, 2013, 02:39:19 pm »

Are you guys serious? Yes I counted them. I painstakingly went through every single poster that posted, checked their registration date and lunatic status, and posted them into that google doc. I had an accurate count, and accurate record of all who wanted in, and was working on some fun stats. "no thanks"

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 25, 2013, 02:45:28 pm »

See, if the federal government could just check everyone's "lunatic status" when they tried to purchase a gun, we wouldn't have to worry about gun violence so much...

... Getting back on topic, those odds are still amazingly high!
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 25, 2013, 02:47:27 pm »

See, if the federal government could just check everyone's "lunatic status" when they tried to purchase a gun, we wouldn't have to worry about gun violence so much...

... Getting back on topic, those odds are still amazingly high!

I might actually have a chance at winning something in a lottery type thing for once :D

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 25, 2013, 03:02:01 pm »

Are you guys serious? Yes I counted them. I painstakingly went through every single poster that posted, checked their registration date and lunatic status, and posted them into that google doc. I had an accurate count, and accurate record of all who wanted in, and was working on some fun stats. "no thanks"

Don't get all huffy, if you had said Script I have done all this work can we have it as a extra ? I would have said hell yeah nice going ! but you had only talked about having it as the main way to post as being in the giveaway and all that stuff, I would put it on the front page if you said please could we have this on the front page ? I'm just keeping track of everything and adding some fun stuff in to help you out ect...

Also I'm tired and was working late tonight so higher brain function for me right now is lacking if you I read your previous post wrong :P
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 03:03:38 pm by ScriptWolf »

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 25, 2013, 03:14:21 pm »

You didn't read anything wrong in-as-much as completely disregarded what I posted. You could have taken two seconds to click the link instead of just saying no right away without even thinking about it.

It's not like I'd waste your time and post a google doc with two header titles and call it good.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 25, 2013, 03:17:47 pm »

You didn't read anything wrong in-as-much as completely disregarded what I posted. You could have taken two seconds to click the link instead of just saying no right away without even thinking about it.

It's not like I'd waste your time and post a google doc with two header titles and call it good.

I was still semi working to get something finished for tomorrow :/ well if everything is still there I can put it up on the first page if that's ok ?

But with the main thing people still posting here

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 25, 2013, 03:21:16 pm »

I have to go home now. I'll do it again tonight maybe.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24