Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 203883 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

I will use fire. Fire is the bell killer. Flames kiss the sizzling wreck that was called King's Landing.

They will fear my fire. They will cower as it passes over and through them.

And as it burns the rest, they will flee my wrath.

When the flames are done they will have nothing. Only ash will remain.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

valar dohaeris

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Oh speaking of Game of Thrones stuff, apparently there's a Long Night-focused prequel and they're calling it Bloodmoon for some reason.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can we please move this GoT derail out of the Dune thread?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What the hell is dune?

Wait, was it that boring ass movie which was like Tremors with less jump scares and Kevin Bacon because no thanks without both of those, or are you guys talking about the book about that one Fatboy Slim song?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 04:23:45 pm by Max™ »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

It's like a mound or ridge of sand, formed by the wind. They're found on beaches and sandy deserts.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hopefully not talking about the book, because I can't read.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, you're lucky. I can't even write.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

And I can't speak.

Please never put us in a room together. Communication would take some time.

((Also, the medium of Palazzo's response makes me highly suspicious. Still not impossible, what with speech tech, though.))
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 04:46:34 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank Thor for computers and their magical electrical signals!

Honestly though my handwriting is little more than an appendix nowadays and it is probable that I will never use it again, but I can freehand a straight line along the edge of a piece of wood, which I use all the time.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

My handwriting is atrocious and messy. But it's legible for me, and given that everything which it is important for others to read is typed, that's all that matters.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What the hell is dune?

Wait, was it that boring ass movie which was like Tremors with less jump scares and Kevin Bacon because no thanks without both of those, or are you guys talking about the book about that one Fatboy Slim song?

In the deleted scenes of the film i am quite sure the navigators explain a significant amount of the backstory surrounding 'spice' as that they are the real holders of power over the Emperor (who rules over the known human universe) into which the planetary house fit in underneath him. Threatening him that if the source of the spice On Arrakis is disturbed by Paul Artrides who they want killed that the Emperor's Empire will become isolated as a motivation for the movie's conflict. Sideplot being that the Emperor want's both house Harkonen and Atrides to destroy each other as well for political reasons.

Navigators (big slug things in tanks, one is seen in the movie) are telepathics and speak through the bald women (which wasn't just a sci-fi fashion choice). By navigators consuming spice they also expand their mental capacity to throw ships through space as a form of space travel which is demonstrated which is what glues humanity's dominance in space and settlements on other planets together.

I would still be greatly interested to read the book and get a look into the source material however.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Navigators (big slug things in tanks, one is seen in the movie) are telepathics and speak through the bald women (which wasn't just a sci-fi fashion choice). By navigators consuming spice they also expand their mental capacity to throw ships through space as a form of space travel which is demonstrated which is what glues humanity's dominance in space and settlements on other planets together.
The navigators speak through the bald men, not bald women. The bald men are low-ranking members of the navigator guild. As they go up the ranks they turn into the worm-like creatures from the inordinate amounts of spice they snort as part of their job.
The bald women are a separate faction, the Bene Gesserit.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

They actually speak through speakers. I think the low ranking bald men (and there is little reason to think they are male exclusive) act as representatives to most people because they still look mostly human (though in the book they actually wore contact lenses to conceal that their eyes looked solid blue)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

Pretty much all of the factions in Dune are horrible, horrible people.

Bene Tleilaxu: "Yeah, we're shameless misogynists, what of it? We can be either gender at will because of our crazy genetic engineering (and we have almost mastered true reincarnation). Oh, you thought the axolotl tanks were MACHINES!? hahahahaha."

Bene Geserit: "It's only inbreeding if you KNOW about it! Reverend Mother knows best! (Now PUT YOUR HAND IN THE BOX!)"

Space Navigator's Guild: "Look bruh, if you want to get from point A to point B, you have to go through us, because you decided that computing machines capable of doing the computations necessary to do it without abusing epic shittons of spice were to be outlawed because humanity couldnt figure out how to properly coexist with synthetic intelligence. (you know, that whole Butlerian Jihad thing? Yeah, maybe humanity shouldn't have been so fucking horrible, trying to become cymeks and all that. Maybe they shouldn't have treated synthetic intelligence like total ass either. But you know what, you did, so now you have to deal with US.)  We KNOW you have to go through us, and it's not really extortion after all, if we meddle in every single one of your affairs."

« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 08:01:57 am by wierd »
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167