Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 204749 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

I'm guessing that was the GoT Wildfire which was stockpiled under the buildings of the city. IIRC by Dany's father.

Not sure if that made it into the TV series, but considering we can see the green we may assume so...
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

I'm guessing that was the GoT Wildfire which was stockpiled under the buildings of the city. IIRC by Dany's father.

Not sure if that made it into the TV series, but considering we can see the green we may assume so...
No it was a thing, I’m just sad it wasn’t more of a plot point. It could’ve been that Dany accidentally sets off the wildfire by burning down the Red Keep and that’s what destroys the city.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

No it was a thing, I’m just sad it wasn’t more of a plot point. It could’ve been that Dany accidentally sets off the wildfire by burning down the Red Keep and that’s what destroys the city.
Hey that would've been a cool plot point

>Dany intends to burn down a wall
>It ignites all of the wildfire caches buried under Kings Landing
>Dany goes down in history as a Mad Queen who burninated all of Kings Landing anyways
>laughingCersei.tapestry

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

And an appropriate link to her father and the previous Targaryen rulers.

That would have added a whole new depth to the episode and made it actually-good, probably.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wouldn't undo the utter lack of intelligence of the battle. It'd actually make it dumber, since it'd mean there were so many caches and yet they couldn't find and use them when they tried.

Plus I do believe Dany deserves to end up worse than an accidental mass murderer considering she's still a despot with a selfish end goal. That the show failed to pace it correctly (and that the characters seem to brush everything aside) doesn't mean tyrany ain't where she was headed on her own.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Yeah but then you could just have Dany be tyrannical whilst playing the whimsical music and all the twitter feeds would be full of yaaaaaassssss queeeeen slaaaaaaaaaaay

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

In Spanish we dont say GoT. We say JdT. Which resembles "jodete" ("f**ck you")a lot. And that captures perfectly the spirit of the producers in this last season.

Btw: did you hear about the "sicansios" affair? As it turns out the translators are asked to translate with an unexplained bsclk screen without a proper script to avoid spoiler leaks. This resulted in them mistranslating "she cant see us" as phonetical gibberish ("Sicansios!) Which made it into the released cut
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 11:36:01 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile

In Spanish we dont say GoT. We say JdT. Which resembles "jodete" ("f**ck you")a lot. And that captures perfectly the spirit of the producers in this last season.

Btw: did you hear about the "sicansios" affair? As it turns out the translators are asked to translate with an unexplained bsclk screen without a proper script to avoid spoiler leaks. This resulted in them mistranslating "she cant see us" as phonetical gibberish ("Sicansios!) Which made it into the released cut

So I don't have a great grasp of Spanish but from what I understand of this article and the guardian article is that besides being a joke this is also being used to highlight the poor work standards that script translators and voice actors have? Is that really a big thing or is it just a side thing of this?

Also
Spoiler: Sicansios (click to show/hide)
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

What I heard in the media is that they were supposed to do the dubbing without actually watching what was happening, and the ones writing the translated script didnt even get a proper script but were instead expected to do it on the fly only listening to the voice track. So it was this particular case, nonwithstanding they might or might not have shitty working conditions. I read that they get 120€ per short episode, 1200€ for a movie. No idea on how much time that is.

I can tell you some of the "classic" dubbers are famous for other reasons. Eg: Constantino Romero (dubbed James Earl Jones and Clint Eastwood among others... and he did it well too. IIRC he was actually congratulated by the flrmer) was a famous TV presenter besides his dubbing antics.  No idea if established "voice of X" make more money.

Oh and BTW I went through today's ep's spoilers and ya it sucks
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

I stopped watching GoT a few seasons back. Since then I'm just reading the memes. Best decision of my life.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Haven't watched the show in ages, either, but can anyone confirm whether my pet theory came true?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just wow.

Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Oh wew, seriously? That happens?

I am... Really not minding missing out on the last couple episodes.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 167