Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 205420 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

What the fuck was up with Euron's outfit? It looked like something you'd see at a disco.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

What the fuck was up with Euron's outfit? It looked like something you'd see at a disco.
Euron is the swankiest captain to ever sail the seas.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Iirc the GoTmod for ck2 gives Euron an armour made out of Valyrian steel, presumably based on book sources. Give the difference from the series.
Love, scriver~

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Iirc the GoTmod for ck2 gives Euron an armour made out of Valyrian steel, presumably based on book sources. Give the difference from the series.
Yes. Euron is very, VERY different in books.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Yes. Euron is very, VERY different in books.
nevar forget flamboyant evil one-eyed wizard pirate rapist king

Episode was actually not so bad, apart from all the inconsistent shit but hey that's kinda how it's evolved, I've come to peace with it.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 03:20:52 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Spoiler: Mannis (click to show/hide)
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Somehow I keep wondering why the Targaryens didn't just occupy a super strategic fortress like dragonstone when it has been deserted for all that time....
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

There was Stannis on it before. Why did Stannis leave it completly undefended after he left for wall is enterietly different thing.
Also, why it doesn't actually serve it's actual strategic purpose of denying access to Blackwater Bay, since Euron is apparently able to sail right in and out without any trouble.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Yeah, ole King Robert gave Dragonstone to Stannis specifically to keep Targaryen loyalists under a watchful fist. This was the beginning of the rift between Stannis and his brothers since the Mannis had expected to be given the Lordship Paramount of Stormlands (Especially since Stanny-boy was the reason the Targaryens hadn't occupied the Baratheon holdings in the first place) and was offended when it instead was gifted to their tweenage little brother.

Also Kot don't be silly ships don't travel they teleport.

Of course, my GoTmod-dominated mind just assumed they sailed down the Riverlands rivers because that is a thing the Ironborn can do there.
Love, scriver~

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Of course, my GoTmod-dominated mind just assumed they sailed down the Riverlands rivers because that is a thing the Ironborn can do there.
They clearly arrived from sea, and even if, there is no "Suez/Panama" connection between The Sunset Sea and The Narrow Sea, even if you take rivers into account. Unless Euron carried the fucking ships on his back all the way to Blackwater Bay (after passing the Reach, which is Tullys, which is currently Dany's allies), he can't get through.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

I just observed something kinda funny. In Euron's scene he disses the iron islands, calling them birdshit-covered rocks, yet two seconds later is boasting about the Iron Fleet.

I'm sure this has been laughed at forever ago, and in fact I think I do remember being perplexed by it last season - where the fuck did he get the wood for all those ships then?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

Well if they still hold some lands on the Western Coast of the North they could just...take it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

There was Stannis on it before. Why did Stannis leave it completly undefended after he left for wall is enterietly different thing.
Also, why it doesn't actually serve it's actual strategic purpose of denying access to Blackwater Bay, since Euron is apparently able to sail right in and out without any trouble.
Stannis left it undefended because the showwriters have an unhealthy obsession with fucking over Stannis because Stephen Dilane didn't cover for their writing in interviews

Also in-show reasoning, honestly no idea why it was completely empty. It seems unusual that Stannis would just abandon the whole island given how it could be defended by a small garrison and it was so strategically important to his continued naval dominance in the narrow sea. Moreover, with Stannis having seemingly left nothing, it makes no sense whatsoever why the Lannister forces made no attempt to stop Danaerys landing on Dragonstone, given how much panic the island caused the Crownlands with what few forces Stannis possessed. Cersei was so scared, she nearly murdered her children, threatened by a few thousand men in Dragonstone - yet left no defences behind to stop Danaerys arriving with a vastly larger force on her doorstep. Which is a shame too, given how if she had, Danaerys would have been killed on Dragonstone as she led the advance.

I just observed something kinda funny. In Euron's scene he disses the iron islands, calling them birdshit-covered rocks, yet two seconds later is boasting about the Iron Fleet.
I'm sure this has been laughed at forever ago, and in fact I think I do remember being perplexed by it last season - where the fuck did he get the wood for all those ships then?
My advice for the show is just to get drunk on a nice glass of red white wine. A plot point is a considerably rarer thing than a plot hole in this show. Euron is the kinda guy who won the Iron Islanders over with an argument that the Iron Islands made no mark on Westeros, despite the Iron Islanders being well known for having created Harrenhal as a monument to their greatness, in all of Westeros having once nearly attained total hegemony. Then his fleet, fully crewed by men loyal to him, all defected to Yara for reasons. Then he crafted a new fleet - one larger than his previous, out of cloth, rope and wood conjured from thin air. Then he sailed past Dragonstone somehow (??!!!), guarded by the combined Navies of Dany's Free City remnants and the Ironborn Navy into Kings Landing. Then sailed out.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All to make a marriage proposal in a leather jacket

They clearly arrived from sea, and even if, there is no "Suez/Panama" connection between The Sunset Sea and The Narrow Sea, even if you take rivers into account. Unless Euron carried the fucking ships on his back all the way to Blackwater Bay (after passing the Reach, which is Tullys, which is currently Dany's allies), he can't get through.
The Ironborn could sail down the rivers if they used ships they constructed in the rivers, there is no connection between the sea and any of the Rivers in Riverlands which could possibly feed into King's Landing - and certainly no deep-hulled warships that could pass through into the bay (and then pass through Dragonstone on the exit). It doesn't matter, just resign to despair like Cersei. Show will never be good again, but at least we can still spoil the books before grmm does

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Maybe his men abandoned him like the others due to him being a crazy child burner? Although there's no real reason why they'd know or why they'd leave the island altogether rather than just renouncing him.

It would probably make more sense to show such a rebellion or a small garrison surrendering/fleeing in the face of an overwhelming force.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 06:13:57 pm by Leafsnail »
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 167