Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 205543 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Gregor is already deadish, and didn't she set her issue with the Hound?

BTW, I enjoyed the parallel between Sansa giving Ramsay to the hounds, and Cersei giving Septa to Gregor.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

Gregor is already deadish, and didn't she set her issue with the Hound?

She left Sandor for dead, which wasn't all that presumptuous, but I suppose she currently operates considering him dead and Gregor is still walking the earth to the best of her knowledge. Although that's just me doing my best trying to track one character's point of view. I might be wrong.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Well, who's left on the teleporting assassin's kill list? Jaime? Cersei?
Jaime was never on the list. Cersei and Mountain are.
I belive Sandor Clegane is on it for killing that boy back in Book/Season one, though they got better and Arya basically forefited the kill. There is also Ilyn Payne though I don't think we saw him since like Season 2 and I'm not actually sure he was on the list in the show.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT:
Also,
CGI was lacking
Bullshit mate.
Obviously spoilers.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 01:37:33 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Even in the book, it's fairly hinted that the bastard cannot be the son of the honourable Ned.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Even in the book, it's fairly hinted that the bastard cannot be the son of the honourable Ned.

Well, I guess we'll see if he ever gets round to finishing it off.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Bullshit mate.
Obviously spoilers.
Does not hold up to blackwater, you know you're looking at CGI. A lot of the best CGI GOT has offered has been stuff you will not have noticed, like getting all the actors into a nice Spanish seaside town and using CGI to turn it into a bumfuck middle of nowhere ugly desert.
The fleet bit remind anyone of the movie adaption of the Iliad Troy?

GRRM will never finish GOt

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

It seemed even more obvious in the books, with the constant referencing to Lyanna's death and the accompanying promise demanded of Ned, and the fact that Ned, when he appeared to Bran, wanted to tell Jon something.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

GRRM will never finish GOt
Let's hope he finishes ASOIAF then
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Am I the only one who is completely unfazed by CGI? It's like "Yeah, sure, you got some semi-decent graphic designer. So what?" I mean, I'm not going to be impressed because you animated 1000 ships. If anything, it feels like lazy screen filler. I want to se scheming and writing and actors doing their actoring.

Like that whole scene with ships at the end just seemed like cheap hard-rock-album-cover "epic". Why are they all standing not moving watching nothing on the horizon? We don't see Meereen behind, so we can just assume they've been doing that for 2 hours, just for the cheap shot.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

You might even say you can't hold a candle up to the CGI

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

I didnt get that.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Eh. The CGI is not here for CGI, it's here to complement the story. Sure, you can say that Cersei did the thing, but without showing it it would feel even more cheap to lose so many characters. Sure, you can say she has thousand ships but you don't get how much ship and force is that until you see thousand ships. And IIRC, they haven't been standing, except for plot major characters who just stand because it's their job and Unsullied who just stand because it's their job.

And they aren't leaving Meereen, they are sailing from Dorne because Tyrell and Dornish ships are with them. As far as we're concerned, they might be pretty close to King's Landing or something.

I didnt get that.
Wildfire joke?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I didnt get that.
What did Lancel try doing

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess this means we'll never see Margery's tits then.

Feels odd though, felt like all this season Margery was plotting something real good - but whatever it was just went up in a puff of green smoke.

There is also Ilyn Payne though I don't think we saw him since like Season 2 and I'm not actually sure he was on the list in the show.
Well... the actor that played him kind of kicked the bucket... so he was off the list before it was even written.

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 167