Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 205570 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

This one felt like a boring inevitability from the start. Didn't even feel like Jon Snow's fuckups were going to cause him problems. *sigh*
I was kind of hoping he'd die just because it would mean I was wrong and the show still had the capacity to shock me.

Still, Ramsay got his face bitten off, so...
Who didn't see that coming for the last 3 seasons? The man really likes feeding people to his dogs.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Predictable does not necessarily feel unsatisfactory.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe the Boltons left the guarding of the south to the Freys, and thats how the Vale Knights got past them "We're friendly, honest guv".

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

I think that's one of the best battle scenes I've seen, so credit given for that. The PoV was particularly good.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

I think that's one of the best battle scenes I've seen, so credit given for that. The PoV was particularly good.

The mass of bodies remind me of some Civil War movie I saw once.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Agreed. writing might be going downhill ever since the departure from the books, but that mess of a mayhem was far more convincing and "immersive" than Braveheart/Lord of the Rings/Gladiator/Possibly even Saving Private Ryan's. glad they've seen the art of screenshake.

How many wildlings did Jon snow killed there? and how didn't his bones turned into mush when hundreds of armed men walked all over him?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 04:19:04 pm by Vilanat »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh, armor absorbs a lot of that. And the weight of most of them would have been divided up between him and the other people being walked on.

As someone who's been in armor and crushed down under a bunch of people during a fight like that, I can appreciate that scene more than most, I think. Of course, we had marshals to call a hold and get everyone off of us, so it wasn't nearly so bad. But it didn't seem unrealistic to me.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

I thought it was a bit strange given how lightly armoured he is (coat of plates?) and going on how crushes occur when civilian crowds get too dense; I imagine similar is probable in groups of lightly armoured warriors. You got some of this with much better armoured troops in the Battle of Agincourt.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Basically Jon is really, really, really lucky

Or really unlucky if you consider the shit he's been through

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

I thought it was a bit strange given how lightly armoured he is (coat of plates?) and going on how crushes occur when civilian crowds get too dense; I imagine similar is probable in groups of lightly armoured warriors. You got some of this with much better armoured troops in the Battle of Agincourt.

Lightly armoured? He had a full suite of plot armor on him.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well...that was interesting.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 167