Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 205584 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

I mean, what make you think he won't fall in love with Daeny and just accept her as his rightful Queen or something? I mean, we just had Dany murder about 20 Khals without any of their bloodriders aven trying anything.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

I mean, what make you think he won't fall in love with Daeny and just accept her as his rightful Queen or something? I mean, we just had Dany murder about 20 Khals without any of their bloodriders aven trying anything.
He accounted for that by falling in love with a woman and then indirectly arranging for her death, thus causing his love interest slot to already be filled. He's like that one player in a tabletop game taking blatantly meta actions but putting a convincing veneer on them.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

wait wait wait hold the fuck up

who was the guy called smalljon umber? Like who was he really? He wasn't smalljon

Smalljon died at the red wedding

If smalljon died at the red wedding then who the fuck was smalljon here

FACELESS JON CONSPIRACY

or they're just compressing character roles again
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

Didn't bearfucker stab him for good anyway?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

How did Brienne not meet the Valemen on the way anyway?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Smalljohn did not die in the Red Wedding in the show, in fact we saw him alive earlier this season. I swear half the complaints of plot holes in this thread are people getting confused with the books. Most of the other half is people not paying attention
But seriously, how do you even get a wall of corpses like that? I don't even. Such a thing is only possible if the attackers are determined enough to climb the pile, and either the defenders are stupid enough to climb the other side to meet them on the top, or have enough missiles to kill them at the apex.
The scene didn't really show boltons forces cutting down snows while they clambored over their own kin, and snows attackers weren't archers so I suppose it was just a matter of lets go climb that wall of bodies?
We saw horses colliding into each other and Ramsey indiscriminately firing arrows into the battle line.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Teleportation obviously, if you blink past half the continent you're bound to miss someone else doing the same damn thing.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

wait wait wait hold the fuck up
who was the guy called smalljon umber? Like who was he really? He wasn't smalljon
Smalljon died at the red wedding
If smalljon died at the red wedding then who the fuck was smalljon here
FACELESS JON CONSPIRACY
or they're just compressing character roles again
Greatjon Umber escaped the Red Wedding and made it back North, but he's mentioned as having died offscreen of illness and they replaced him with Smalljon Umber instead
Tfw as well you realize they also wasted Greatjon Umber, being a Northlord who made it back North from the Red Wedding alive - mentioned to be killed offscreen in S6 lol
People forget that the reason why Rickon and Osha went to the Umber stronghold was because Greatjon Umber was not at the Red Wedding and the Stark boys knew Greatjon Umber was the most loyal of their bannermen still alive. Smalljon Umber is a last minute addition as he only appears in S6 and has no foreshadowing, so D&D just wanted Rickon out of the show ASAP as his storyline wasn't going anywhere and if the Umbers joined the Starks then the Starks would have enough forces to fight the Boltons without CIA, and that just wouldn't be as shocking and edgy

Smalljohn did not die in the Red Wedding in the show, in fact we saw him alive earlier this season. I swear half the complaints of plot holes in this thread are people getting confused with the books. Most of the other half is people not paying attention
That's because you're confused and aren't paying attention, Smalljon Umber did not exist in S3, he only exists from Oathbreaker onwards
He's not like Blackfish where his absence could be noted if you payed attention, or Greatjon Umber by virtue of omission - he's a mandem of whole cloth

We saw horses colliding into each other and Ramsey indiscriminately firing arrows into the battle line.
Which does not a corpse rampart make

Yeah.
Also, why didn't CIA like, warn the Starks he was coming? For a guy that smart, it's fucking retarded not to coordinate to the point that if his army had been one hour late all his plans would have failed.
I also love how we don't see a single Valeman once they've rekt the phalanx.
He's not on the sides of Starks, he's only got two loyalties - to himself and to his Tully loli.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But seriously, how do you even get a wall of corpses like that? I don't even. Such a thing is only possible if the attackers are determined enough to climb the pile, and either the defenders are stupid enough to climb the other side to meet them on the top, or have enough missiles to kill them at the apex.
The scene didn't really show boltons forces cutting down snows while they clambored over their own kin, and snows attackers weren't archers so I suppose it was just a matter of lets go climb that wall of bodies?
Dramatic scenery obeys no logic

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I mapped out Littlefinger's known appearances and where his forces are mentioned as being present and though their travel routes are never specified, these are just the fastest and I'd assume they're what Littlefinger would take
It's 90% likely Littlefinger was already marching to Winterfell when Sansa finally sent for his help, acting on his own initiative to attack the Boltons as soon as he heard the battle was about to begin
With Ramsay's line of communication to Moat Cailin cut due to no garrison and the Stark host. Of note is that Littlefinger would have had to travel through White Harbour to reach his own army, and the people of White Harbour will have noticed the Vale Host - but the Manderlies despite "supporting" the Boltons do not send any troops to either the Boltons or the Starks (their loyalties lying with the Starks, especially after their own kinsmen were Red Herring'd). This would make it plausible that they would not send any ravens to Winterfell to warn the Boltons of the massive Vale host approaching Winterfell, as to do so would also require explaining to Ramsay why they haven't sent any reinforcements of their own - they don't know if the Vale host is arriving to reinforce or destroy the Boltons. The Vale army also seems to spend quite a bit of time encamped at the neck, which I assume is the time they spend waiting for Littlefinger to reach their forces and give them the order to go North or go home.
Brienne begins her journey south in "The Door", so either Littlefinger's armies had already gone further north than Moat Cailin or Brienne took a ship to White Harbour after the Vale host began marching North
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 09:07:08 am by Loud Whispers »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Ok, this more or less makes sense. And I had forgotten than Sansa knew LF was coming, which does make it better.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, next season is going to be the last one right?

Doesn't that mean Dany's invasion of Westeros and the White walkers finally attacking will all be rammed into 1 season?
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

That's because you're confused and aren't paying attention, Smalljon Umber did not exist in S3, he only exists from Oathbreaker onwards
He's not like Blackfish where his absence could be noted if you payed attention, or Greatjon Umber by virtue of omission - he's a mandem of whole cloth
I never said he appeared in season 3, just that we saw him alive earlier this season. The fact that we saw him alive long after the Red Wedding implies that he did not die at the Red Wedding

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I never said he appeared in season 3, just that we saw him alive earlier this season. The fact that we saw him alive long after the Red Wedding implies that he did not die at the Red Wedding
That we've never seen of his existence at all implies nothing, we don't even know if he went South let alone was at the Red Wedding

Wait, next season is going to be the last one right?

Doesn't that mean Dany's invasion of Westeros and the White walkers finally attacking will all be rammed into 1 season?
Worse comes to worse they can always extend more seasons

Otherwise yeah, maybe next season will be rushed but stuff will actually happen

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I watched the latest episode.

Maybe my expectations were just too high after how shocked and amazed my friend acted after watching it the other day, but that was... really boring. Massive amounts of stupidity on the part of Jon's forces, all completely solved by plot armour even before deus ex machina happened, and not one named character on his side actually died.
Not even Davos, who supposedly sucks at fighting... although then again he did charge in after most of the fighting was over.

Should probably mention that Jon Snow is my most-hated character in the show and that him coming back to life pissed me off quite a bit.
This was probably the shittiest episode since the failed attempt to rescue Theon Reek, in my opinion.
Generally, most episodes that upset me this much (like, say, the last episode of s5) upset me due to actually being shocking.
This one felt like a boring inevitability from the start. Didn't even feel like Jon Snow's fuckups were going to cause him problems. *sigh*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

and not one named character on his side actually died.

Wun-wun #neverforget.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, it really pisses me off how Wun Wun refused to use any weapons. If he had a small tree he could've used it as a broom to just sweep the phalanx aside, but even if he simply forgot to bring a weapon to a freaking battle he could've just taken their spears and it's pretty safe to assume that a giant wielding a spear would have more reach than humans wielding the same. Or he could've just grabbed a dead horse and beaten them with it, dunno.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 167