Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 205525 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

It's become fanon that the Great Other that R'hollor's faith blathers on about is a real thing for some reason.

Dunno why, I always saw it as just part of their dogma they use to justify their hatred of other religions.
Yeah, me too. I guess people assume The Other is a thing because The Others are things and people can't distinguish plurals?

No, it's more because of the overarching plot of the war between Fire and Ice, you know, the thing the series is named after :P
Love, scriver~

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

It's become fanon that the Great Other that R'hollor's faith blathers on about is a real thing for some reason.

Dunno why, I always saw it as just part of their dogma they use to justify their hatred of other religions.
Yeah, me too. I guess people assume The Other is a thing because The Others are things and people can't distinguish plurals?
No, it's more because of the overarching plot of the war between Fire and Ice, you know, the thing the series is named after :P
Maybe you should stop reading so far into things.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Yeah. Just because there are two obvious antagonical elemental forces, one based on fire and the other on ice, that between them control around 70% of the setting's magic (the remaining 30% being the various warlocks, alchemists, wargs, Faceless men, rogue maesters, and independent wizards), and they get mentioned right in the title, doesn't mean that the book's overarching theme is about that. Don't be too hasty to jump to conclusions.

Myself, I think the book is about Hodor's struggle with his odor.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

3hodor5hodor

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

I'm not saying Rollaholla is 100% right in it's faith and mythology, by the way, just that it's fairly easily identifiably as being on the "fire" side. That does not mean I think it is "good" either, it's definitely a cruel and unpleasant interpretretation of it - particularly Melisandre's ways. But then again, so were the Weirwood/Old Gods faith back when weirs were still functional.

Dragons are another obvious "fire" thing, being most literally fire as they are. And there's the part where magic had almost died out until suddenly dragons return and magic flares up everywhere with renewed strength - the priest of Rhollor in the Band of Brothers and his sudden magic abilities being the perfect example.
Love, scriver~

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 11:21:53 am by penguinofhonor »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 11:15:27 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Huh, seems they actually followed the books somewhat there.

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 11:22:09 am by penguinofhonor »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Holy shit, they've already caught up with the books? What will they do next season?
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Spoil the books, probably.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

They've already started doing that this season.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 167