Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 205519 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

IIRC the gate is bigger than that in the show, tho I last saw it way back in S1-2 so I could be misremembering. Still, they can pile rocks on for a while before making a pile big enough for the zombies to actually scale the gate. And all they really need is one dead guy on the inside and the WW can just raise him and wreck shit like that.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

I suppose Winter would affect the farms too, but the WW themselves wouldn't be able to get past the bloody gate. Also Dorne. What's a zombie got to do against the terry taliban of Dorne? Nothin'

But Dorne is actually 90% mountains and goats :v

More on the Vale though: water freezes during winter. WW wouldn't have to go through the Bloody Gate, they can just walk along the Bite coast to the north. It's not like they really have to worry about logistics either.
Seawater only tends to freeze when it becomes ludicrously cold, though. I doubt that is the case.

Aye, that's what the Danes thought too, and that king didn't even field a host of completely replaceable undead tools he could waste at leisure. And I think it's safe to say that winter pales in comparison to the Long Night.

The iron isles would probably be safe too, considering the WW don't have much in the ship department.

I have a fan theory that the ironmen are unknowingly worshipping the Others, so that might not go so well for them either ;)

On another note, white walkers might not be stopped by mountains. They could just go around, eventually.

I think the Bloody Gate is such an effective fortress not because the High Road is the only way into the Vale but because it is the only reliable way to transport a large army, with it's entourage and all that sustains it, into the Vale. An enemy that has no need to feed it's soldiers and that is in no hurry to reach you (in fact time is 100% on their side), could probably just name their troops go through the mountains, I agree.
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Are Swedes honestly more hardcore than smug frozen devils?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope, they're totally softish sissies. And that's why WW would invade the Vale ;)
Love, scriver~

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

The iron isles would probably be safe too, considering the WW don't have much in the ship department.

I have a fan theory that the ironmen are unknowingly worshipping the Others, so that might not go so well for them either ;)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Whether the weirwoods have power or are used by power is debatable.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

I always figured that Roller and the Drowned God were the same god/thing, though that's based pretty much entirely on their whole 'what is dead may never die' creed and Thoros's powers.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

I always figured that Roller and the Drowned God were the same god/thing, though that's based pretty much entirely on their whole 'what is dead may never die' creed and Thoros's powers.
Roller
Stannis: They see me r'hollin, they hatin, patrollin and tryna catch me burning children
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

Nope, they're totally softish sissies. And that's why WW would invade the Vale ;)
Yes, we might be now.
But there used to be a time when we were badass.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

Roller
Stannis: They see me r'hollin, they hatin, patrollin and tryna catch me burning children
His stage name can be Roller and the Drowny G. Though I guess 2god would be a better fit for that one.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Yes, we might be now.
There was a time when Ruskies were scared of Swedes

Roller
I never thought of Drowned God as being an other deity. I wasn't even aware that the others have a deity.

It would be worrying if 'what is dead may never die' was taken a bit more literally by the Ironborn come winter...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

It's become fanon that the Great Other that R'hollor's faith blathers on about is a real thing for some reason.

Dunno why, I always saw it as just part of their dogma they use to justify their hatred of other religions.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's cool, I didn't know that.

My theory is based mostly on that they perform ceremonial drownings to become metaphorical "dead men that may never die, but rise again, harder and stronger", ie undead. And that when they die they are literally sunk into the sea to join the Drowned god forever. There were some more minor things too that I can't remember clearly (something about crows and ravens being the agents of the Storm God, the Drowned Fox's nemesis, and that crowbirds are generally associated with "good" powers otherwise), but those were mostly coincidental anyway.

But yeah, there's thousands and thousands of corpses on the sea floor around their islands, just waiting for the WW to come there and necrorect them and march up on their tiny castles. What is read may never die.

Yes, we might be now.

Nah man, they were always soft. And that is the secret that makes a man strong.
Love, scriver~

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

It's become fanon that the Great Other that R'hollor's faith blathers on about is a real thing for some reason.

Dunno why, I always saw it as just part of their dogma they use to justify their hatred of other religions.
Yeah, me too. I guess people assume The Other is a thing because The Others are things and people can't distinguish plurals?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Yeah, me too. I guess people assume The Other is a thing because The Others are things and people can't distinguish plurals?
Melly certainly believes the others to be the other her religion is referring to

*EDIT
Lol Ramsay just got killed by Stannis's men after trying to raid his siege in my CK2. I feel a small injustice has been rectified.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 04:49:42 am by Loud Whispers »
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 167