Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 205488 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Yeah, it'd be Kevan. Who amusingly as a TV viewer seems to show up suddenly and with relevance when all older figures of white male authority are gone or dead. Did Cersei tell him to go home or did he just up and go peace out bitches and go back to Casterly Rock? I can't remember.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Cersei was like 'be hand of King pls' and he was like 'fuck this shit I'm out oh btw you suck as a mother' and went home to the Rock.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Yeah, it'd be Kevan. Who amusingly as a TV viewer seems to show up suddenly and with relevance when all older figures of white male authority are gone or dead. Did Cersei tell him to go home or did he just up and go peace out bitches and go back to Casterly Rock? I can't remember.
Yeah he was pissed off that Cersei was removing everyone else from the small council to be replaced with her pawns. Considering Kevan is one of the few people in power in Westeros that actually cares about the welfare of the 7 Kingdoms, this really rustles his jimmies.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Spoiler: tv spoilers (click to show/hide)

And that is actually another good question. How on Earth would the white walkers invade the Vale?

The Vale is 90% rocky mountains and goats, and every person starving to death is another of their soldiers.
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

The Vale is 90% rocky mountains and goats, and every person starving to death is another of their soldiers.
Actually, according to the books, there's a huge amount of fertile farmland. It's just that what we see is 90% mountains and goats.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Actually, according to the books, there's a huge amount of fertile farmland. It's just that what we see is 90% mountains and goats.
Yeah I forgot about that. The Eyrie runs out of food come the winter, but by then the Lord just moves down to the fertile land below.

I suppose Winter would affect the farms too, but the WW themselves wouldn't be able to get past the bloody gate. Also Dorne. What's a zombie got to do against the terry taliban of Dorne? Nothin'
And the Pyke islands are already a craphole

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

I suppose Winter would affect the farms too, but the WW themselves wouldn't be able to get past the bloody gate. Also Dorne. What's a zombie got to do against the terry taliban of Dorne? Nothin'

But Dorne is actually 90% mountains and goats :v

More on the Vale though: water freezes during winter. WW wouldn't have to go through the Bloody Gate, they can just walk along the Bite coast to the north. It's not like they really have to worry about logistics either.
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

But Dorne is actually 90% mountains and goats :v

More on the Vale though: water freezes during winter. WW wouldn't have to go through the Bloody Gate, they can just walk along the Bite coast to the north. It's not like they really have to worry about logistics either.
Seawater only tends to freeze when it becomes ludicrously cold, though. I doubt that is the case. The iron isles would probably be safe too, considering the WW don't have much in the ship department.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

can the white walkers walk on the bottom of the sea?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

can the white walkers walk on the bottom of the sea?
I think realistic physics (pressure, depth, etc...)stops that from happening. :P

Disclaimer: Tiruin knows nothing about the white walkers, or anything in the book. She thinks the show is very fancy.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Couldn't they just dogpile the gate until they got trough? By the time they get that south they should have a pretty sizeable pile of undead, heck, they could probably make a siege tower out of them and use that.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Couldn't they just dogpile the gate until they got trough? By the time they get that south they should have a pretty sizeable pile of undead, heck, they could probably make a siege tower out of them and use that.
They can only stand two abreast at the bloody gate. At which point the Vale garrison could just start throwing burning timber and pitch down on the undead. Hell, do you know what else kills a white walker other than obsidian and valyrian steel? Giant rocks. Lots and lots of giant rocks.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

On another note, white walkers might not be stopped by mountains. They could just go around, eventually.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

They could also just be really smug
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 167