Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 205463 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

The way the scene was constructed was just weird too. Ok, yeah, super dramatic to have the fight in a small room where Theon's cage is kept, so you can put MANsay in the center of the shot, toe-to-toe with them, like putting two angry squirrels in a sack together.

But it made the whole fight look awkward and forced in retrospect, and the escape implausible even with the absolute maximum framing to explain how someone with their back to a wall in a tiny ass room is suddenly next to the doorway. Pretty much any way you slice that scene, it sucked. So it makes you wonder what the narrative intention was in having it? To show that Reek has absolutely no hope now? So you could ogle MANsay's 20 hours per week at the gym? Because they just needed a cliffhanger? For how badly it came out and for how it little it added anything to, well, anything, they should have just not tried.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Okay, the show plays up Melisandre seducing Stannis, but it definitely happened in the books. You just don't see it because all that stuff is from Davos' perspective and they didn't have sex in front of Davos (nor do intimate conversations between Stannis and his wife).
It kind of happened in the books. Stannis really isn't into the whole sexy times things. He was described as marching to his marriage bed like marching into battle, among other things.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

To be fair, his book wife was far worse than Selyse in the show. P

Picture Littlefinger's face on a woman, only he never smiles.
You now know why Stannis never smiles.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

My predictions for the season finale:

Drogon eats Tyrion.
Stannis acts like an ashhole, Boltons act like butts.
Sansa has magic healing powers which cause Theon's balls to grow back.
Shit goes down and Sansa has something horrible happen to her.
Cersei acts repentant, and promptly headbutts the high sparrow. She is declared innocent by trial by combat.
Tommen sulks a lot. Decides to do something, then fails.
Tensions rise between the wildlings and the nights watch. Before a slaughter begins, Hodor suddenly appears and negotiates a truce.
Jon is warged into by Ghost, and he speaks of the coming winter.
Arya tries to seduce Meryn Trant, is rejected as being too old. This foils her assassination plan.
The Lannisters send their regards to the Iron Bank. They are granted an extension on their loan, mostly due to a brilliant singing performance.

Syrio Forel shows up and promptly jumps into a boat with Gendry and Rickon. They row off into the sunset.

I laughed HARD. Particularily at the bolded ones
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 11:13:51 am by penguinofhonor »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Don't even need Onion boss's musings to prove that they had sex; after shadow baby runs amok Onion boss notes that Stannis looks visibly older - shadow baby of course, known to take years off of one's life.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

shadow baby of course, known to take years off of one's life.

It is known
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

Finally got caught up, only just finished The Dance of Dragons.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Love, scriver~

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

It's very strongly implied.
I phrased that poorly. I meant that it wasn't the only reason Stannis keeps Red Priestess Chick around. In the book he's very driven on the whole "i am teh rightful king" and Melly reinforces that, rather than the show's approach of one-dimensional titties.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

It's very strongly implied.
I phrased that poorly. I meant that it wasn't the only reason Stannis keeps Red Priestess Chick around. In the book he's very driven on the whole "i am teh rightful king" and Melly reinforces that, rather than the show's approach of one-dimensional titties.
Yeah, it takes thousands of his men burning alive and being so close to the throne yet ultimately failing before he gets on board the melly train for goods (in more ways than one). In the show he's just like ayyyyyyy titties lmao

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

And in this week's episode, Stannis the Mannis' shares his insights on planned parenthood

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

And in this week's episode, Stannis the Mannis' shares his insights on planned parenthood
That's got to burn

Btw MW, what do you think about putting a poll up about who should sit on the iron throne?
  • Zombie Joffrey (I just clocked, the Hound's superstition turned out to be true. The Hound said a King reaps what he sows on his nameday, after Joffrey wanted Sir Dontos to be drowned to death in wine. And then he dies, choking to death on wine).
  • Hodor (Hodor)
  • Tommen (I'm King but I can't save my waifu a bloo bloo bloo)
  • Ser Pounce (we all know his cat is the true power behind the throne)
  • Bran 'can't stand but I'm the man' Stark (higher than a three eyed raven)
  • Jon Snuuuh (doesn't know anything, except a surprising lot)
  • Tyrion (tfw you save all the peasants but they think you are Joffrey)
  • Cersei (lel)
  • Margaery (when did it get so smug?)
  • Based Mace Tyrell (LET ME SING YOU A SONG OF MY PEOPLE!)
  • The totally not King of the Wall white walker (WHEN DID IT GET SO SMUG?)
  • Roose is loose 'Bolt everything down' Bolton (yes, trust us, our sigil is a flayed man and our traditions are torture)
  • Bossfish Tully (sadly, on the SS abandoned plotlines too)
  • Stannis the toast Mannis Baratheon (disco inferno)
  • Cock merchant (arguably, the most pivotal character in the whole series. Who do you think is responsible for Varys's castration?!!! COCK MERCHANT IS SECRET TARGAERYAN)
  • Danaerys of house white bread (not a Mary Sue at all gais)
  • Sansa 'what am I doing in this plotline' Stark (seriously, her one time to shine in the Eyrie and she gets thrown in Ramsay's sex dungeon)
  • Vikings (BAHWBHBHAHBAHAHAA RIP 2GOD)
  • 2spooky river zombie (you know the one)
  • Rattlebones's spooky zombie of bone rattling
  • That one guy called No One (wait, who let you in ArRAH-
  • Myrcella 'screw you (figuratively) dad/uncle I do what I want y'all crownlanders don't know me' "BARATHEON" <- legit
  • Lord BITTY Arryn of the Vale (make it fly on dem hoes)

And that is actually another good question. How on Earth would the white walkers invade the Vale?

Defacto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If Tommen dies and Myrcella proceeds with the marriage, then house Martell will secure the iron throne. Plot twist!
Really, at this point, I think Dorne is the only part of the Kingdoms that can field an army. Well, maybe The Reach and the Vale too.

Also... is Jaime Lord Paramount of the Westerlands now? Or is he disinherited because of joining the Kingsguard? If so, who is Lord Paramount of the Westerlands?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

If Tommen dies and Myrcella proceeds with the marriage, then house Martell will secure the iron throne. Plot twist!
Really, at this point, I think Dorne is the only part of the Kingdoms that can field an army. Well, maybe The Reach and the Vale too.

Also... is Jaime Lord Paramount of the Westerlands now? Or is he disinherited because of joining the Kingsguard? If so, who is Lord Paramount of the Westerlands?
Kevan? I think it's Kevan.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 167