Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 205433 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 11:09:28 am by penguinofhonor »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

The answer to all your points is that she believed she was doing them for the greater good in the battle against the Dark.

Which I would buy if there was any tangible evidence in the show she was contributing to the greater good. Some little aside. Some scenes. (The only ones of which she's had are meant to make you question her motives.) You only see her when she's preying on the other characters. And so far, she's just gotten Stannis laid and a lot of people burnt at the stake for the Greater Good. I get there's some sort of long-game plan here. But ostensibly, she does nothing except cast spells/perform very obviously evil rituals when it benefits her agenda.

Sorry, I find her in particular, again just from the show, totally out of place and about as subtle as a thrown brick. I can get in to most character's arcs, but there's nothing to go on with her. Just cool aloofness, blah blah blah the Night blah blah blah terrors blah blah blah sex blah blah blah kill your children. And it's gone on for multiple seasons now.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 06:25:25 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Also no one mentions Balon.
Remember, Mel?
You said your magic would kill Balon?
No word he's dead yet.

Sup, Mel?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 11:09:34 am by penguinofhonor »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess I'll take one bit back. I think there's a scene from last season where she's talking to Stannis' daughter alone maybe, and she actually talks about herself, a little bit about who she was. The change in tone, I was like "Woah. She sounds like a real person, not some dreadfully overacted high priestess of Satan." And then in the next scene, she went right back to it. There's a character there somewhere, it's just taking for fucking ever for it show itself. And what is being shown is a stereotypical evil temptress. I'm sure there's more there, just get on with it already.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 07:13:05 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Well, she's an extremist. The idea is tha Rohllor is supposed to be the only way to fight the White Walkers.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well. Uh. That last scene was pretty dumb.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 11:10:05 am by penguinofhonor »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The dragon itself looked cool, but the rest of the scene was really dumb.
Apart from the fact that no-one noticed the... wait, should I be putting this in spoiler tags?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 11:55:52 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile

Melisandre speaks for Rh'ollor some, but she definitely seems to have her own agenda as well. I would not equate her actions with her god's intentions completely.

Her magic is unreliable, but she takes what it tells her and her theories on who Azor Ahai is without questioning it.

As for the recent episode; It was sad but not unexpected. It was inevitable.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You should really put that in spoilers, Yoink. I fortunately saw the episode already, but the main reason I avoid this thread is unmarked spoilers. You probably ruined some poor person's day. You monster.

Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

What I don't like about the dragon scene is that Danny left Friendzone and the Dwarf in an arena full of terrorists and yet I'm sure they'll be right.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile

My predictions for the season finale:

Drogon eats Tyrion.
Stannis acts like an ashhole, Boltons act like butts.
Sansa has magic healing powers which cause Theon's balls to grow back.
Shit goes down and Sansa has something horrible happen to her.
Cersei acts repentant, and promptly headbutts the high sparrow. She is declared innocent by trial by combat.
Tommen sulks a lot. Decides to do something, then fails.
Tensions rise between the wildlings and the nights watch. Before a slaughter begins, Hodor suddenly appears and negotiates a truce.
Jon is warged into by Ghost, and he speaks of the coming winter.
Arya tries to seduce Meryn Trant, is rejected as being too old. This foils her assassination plan.
The Lannisters send their regards to the Iron Bank. They are granted an extension on their loan, mostly due to a brilliant singing performance.
Syrio Forel shows up and promptly jumps into a boat with Gendry and Rickon. They row off into the sunset.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was enjoying the arena scene until....

« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:58:24 am by nenjin »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 167